Epcot or HS for partial day?

SheSingsAlong

Mouseketeer
Headed to WDW POP the first week of November with my husband and daughter (4 y/o and small for her age) - 2 full park days and 1 partial day (AM until maybe 2pm) since we have a late afternoon flight out. Obviously one full park day will be MK, but for the second full day I'm waffling between Epcot and Hollywood Studios. DD is *just* under 40" tall, so we will be limited in rides she can go on in each park.

I had thought to do Epcot for a whole day because 1.) it opens late, which would give us the least amount of time if we did it on our partial day, 2.) Ambiance and enjoying just walking around and looking at stuff, 3.) BIG park, so easy to keep distance from people even if busy (I've heard HS feels really full for social distancing), 4.) Has a character dining opportunity, so rare right now.

But then WDW announced Frozen Ever After would be closed during the week we are there. Leaving only 5 rides DD can definitely ride at Epcot (not banking on her sprouting 1/4" before Nov). Meanwhile, HS has 5 rides and 2 shows DD would enjoy. And considering we won't be trying to get ROTR boarding group, we could show up early afternoon and avoid the insanity of rope drop if we had a whole day to do HS. I have anxiety about managing to do even 3 rides at HS if we try to rope drop on the day we fly out. What should we do??

I'd do Epcot for the second park day and AK for the partial day and skip HS unless you absolutely need to see HS. Without the shows to eat people in HS, it is going to feel more crowded.

OR do 2 full days at MK and then AK for the partial day.

I'd do Epcot for the second park day and AK for the partial day and skip HS unless you absolutely need to see HS. Without the shows to eat people in HS, it is going to feel more crowded.

OR do 2 full days at MK and then AK for the partial day.
Husband is excited to see the Star Wars land even if we can't do ROTR and he expresses so few opinions about Disney, I wanted to honor that one. AK only has 2 rides we would realistically do with DD and only 1 show. The animal trails would be fun, but we are also spoiled with 2 great zoos locally, so not something we need to do for the price of a Disney ticket. Thank you for your response!

Husband is excited to see the Star Wars land even if we can't do ROTR and he expresses so few opinions about Disney, I wanted to honor that one. AK only has 2 rides we would realistically do with DD and only 1 show. The animal trails would be fun, but we are also spoiled with 2 great zoos locally, so not something we need to do for the price of a Disney ticket. Thank you for your response!

Then I would do the full day at HS and a partial at AK. Epcot isn't worthwhile as a partial day with its delayed opening. I'm an Epcot diehard but if I only had a partial day in these circumstances I'd do AK. Since you won't be trying for the rides, it might actually be a more leisurely half day on departure day. Personally I'm a basketcase on departure day, even with a late flight I'm always stressed that I'm going to miss the magical express back to the airport, so I either repeat a park or do a park that's more lower key.

I wouldn’t do a half day at Epcot as it opens so late. So do either HS or Ak as half day.

next decide if you are willing to sacrifice day at Epcot so hubby can have a full day at HS. I would say last time we were at Epcot we didn’t enjoy it as much as in past due to all construction and we loved HS with all the new stuff. If your hubby likes SW he will love it, your daughter will like toy story stuff. If you do full day, go early give hubby chance at rotr it is worth it, (you know what get yourself a BG as well you can do it separately while one of you looks after daughter you will love it too), get the BG then head to toy story land for daughter while she is awake. Head to star wars land mid afternoon while she naps in a stroller.

personally I would do MK, HS, AK, leave Epcot to next time when it is all finished.

I would do HS. Haven’t been since February (the old normal) but 4 year old DD really enjoyed Toy Story land and hubby loved Galaxy’s Edge.
My DD is SO EXCITED to ride Slinky Dog Dash! If we do a full day at HS maybe we can ride it twice. I think I will change our plans and do HS for a full day...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter