Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - FOOD!

I'm excited! We have never been to F&W. We will be there in May; trip overlaps the end of F&G and the start of SWW. I see a lot of items I want to try: the Baked Goats Brie and the Trifles in the UK, the Moroccan sweet pancake, pretty much everything from Japan and China, the Lasagna Primavera, the savory German Bread Pudding.

And the Dole Whip. OMG, the Dole Whip. I've avoided the classic Dole Whip Float from the MK because I'm not that big a fan of pure pineapple juice so I just get the Dole Whip or twist by itself. But a Dole Whip float made with Rum? Heaven in a cup!

Now I just have to try to figure how to fit all these lovely goodies into our plans. I'd convinced DH to try DxDP this trip so we'll have lots of lovely snack credits, but simply because we're getting so much food with the DxDP I know DH is going to be very resistant to paying oop for any other food. I'll work on it.........

Never been to the F & W, so looking forward to the F&G and getting to eat around the world trying new goodies.

I'll be in WDW March 6-12 going to Epcot 6th & 8th.
So glad I didn't make a lunch ressie on the 8th. My first stop...Dole whip with spiced rum near Canada. sounds delish!

I saw this the other day and was so excited! Then I remembered that I don't go until October/November. :( I would love to do a quick getaway, but with airfare the way it is, can't swing it.

We will be at EPCOT on March 5, the day before F&G officially begins. Anyone think the food kiosks will be up and running?

Super excited ...can't wait for May 5th ! Plan to drink and eat my way around WS while taking time to smell the roses !

So excited! 1st time @ F&G and we get to eat around the world too. Crab tostadas sound delicious... And so does a watermelon cocktail!

Oh my gosh! The food and drinks look delicious . . . how am I possibly going to get all of it into my mouth in one day??!!

I am having everything you're having! ;) I've never been to Food and Wine or F & G, so am I correct in assuming that these kiosks will not accept the DDP?

www.mouseforless.com provides the following quote (I've added the colours)... though I don't know who their source is....

"Garden Marketplaces

For the first time, Epcot chefs will cook up festival food and beverage fun, with 12 specialty themed Garden Marketplaces offering food and drink along the park’s World Showcase promenade. Chefs are tweaking the menu to include a variety of garden-inspired and global tastes. Smokehouse Barbecue and Brews will have a wood burning smoker on stage smoking the pig for their pulled pig sliders. And don't forget to stop by Pineapple Promenade for some authentic Dole Whip with spiced rum. As with the Epcot Epcot Food & Wine Festival, many of the marketplace menu items below will be available for snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan."

www.mouseforless.com provides the following quote (I've added the colours)... though I don't know who their source is....

"Garden Marketplaces

For the first time, Epcot chefs will cook up festival food and beverage fun, with 12 specialty themed Garden Marketplaces offering food and drink along the park’s World Showcase promenade. Chefs are tweaking the menu to include a variety of garden-inspired and global tastes. Smokehouse Barbecue and Brews will have a wood burning smoker on stage smoking the pig for their pulled pig sliders. And don't forget to stop by Pineapple Promenade for some authentic Dole Whip with spiced rum. As with the Epcot Epcot Food & Wine Festival, many of the marketplace menu items below will be available for snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan."

Thank you! I have never been to that website before, another great Disney source! :banana:

Oh Wow, I'm going to be in heaven! I think we'll be heading over there for dinner nightly!

I'm not a drinker, so the rum whips don't do much for me. However, pineapple upside down cake is one of my all time favorite desserts, so I'll definitely be visiting the Pineapple Promenade! I wonder how the cake would be with a little Dole Whip on the side . . . . .:scratchin

I've never been to F&W. So, will this be little kiosks where you can get just a taste of these things? The list sounds like items that would normally just be available at TS restaurants.

We are super excited for this (already drooling over dole whip with spiced rum)!! We will be there March 9-16 :goodvibes and we always take one day to eat/drink/shop around the World Showcase. We usually grab a counter service meal from each country to share so this will cause us to change our strategy a bit but will be well worth it :cool1:

So excited! Will be almost 7 months preggers during our visit to the F&G so won't be able to try the wines but definitely will be trying the food! Can't wait. Thankfully, we have participated in the F&W so won't be missing too much (can't wait until we go back for F&W - not pregnant).

Maybe they'll have some flowers and gardens at the F & W this year.... won't be able to tell the difference :rotfl2:

This will be my first Flower & Garden show!! Can.not.wait. April 22nd needs to hurry up!!

Dole Whip with RUMparty:

I better start saving my spending money now because I have a feeling it will add up quickly but you only live once! :goodvibes

Pats Dragon said:
Looking forward to the food kiosks too!!!! How neat. What are the prices like?

Great question! Anyone have any idea? I know that you will be able to use DDP on some items, but it would be nice to get an idea of how much $ I'll spending on these yummy offerings!

Does anyone know what the prices will be on the food? See so many good things to eat. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter