EPCOT day- Akershus or Le Cellier

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
I have decided to only have one TS each day. Right now on our EPCOT day we have Akershus at 8:05 for breakfast and Le Cellier for 4:35. I am having a tough time picking one to cancel. It will be my husband, 5 year old girl, and myself. My husband doesn't care, my daughter will like Akershus and I would love to try Le Cellier.
It will much easier to get everyone to EPCOT early if we have a breakfast to make it to, and having the evening free makes our day a little more flexible to go back to the resort and swim or hit another park if we want.
But then again... it's Le Cellier! We could pick up counter service breakfast and just try to make rope drop.
We also have Ohana dinner, Ohana breakfast, CP breakfast, CM breakfast, Mama Melrose dinner, and CRT dinner planned.
Thanks!

If it was me, I would cancel Le Cellier. I think Le Cellier is so overrated. It is barely a step above an Outback Steakhouse or Boulder Creek. However, if I was you, I would cancel Akershus. You are still going to CRT (all the princesses now appear at all meals), so there is no need for both princess meals IMO, plus you really want to try Le Cellier. I guess what it would have to come down to is if you feel you need to take your daughter to both princess meals or to save one for a future trip.

I agree. Le Cellier for supper is better than Akershus for breakfast
, IMHO. Since you are already doing CRT, try Le Cellier. It seems to get higher praise here.

I agree- LeCellier is overrated. The worst part is that they are always running behind- we usually have to wait a long time past our ADR. You do have a good time. Dinner starts at 4:00, lunch stops at 3:00, so you should get in near your time. It is a good value if you're on the Dining plan. The filet is very good- and it's one credit. Your DH might like that! I guess I'd keep LeCellier.

I would cancel Askerhaus because you already have CRT dinner and a few other character meals.

We may be in the minority here, but we really didn't like Askerhaus. The princess interaction was great (we went when my youngest was 4 and was SOOOO into the princesses) but I thought the food was not that good and I didn't care for the atmosphere, kind of cold and dark. I think compared to other character breakfasts (CP, CM, 1900 Park Faire, Ohana) it wasn't much food for the price, and there were no pancakes, waffles, french toast and that kind of stuff. I thought the eggs and potaoes were good, but my kids don't like eggs or potatoes so they left hungry, or at least not full. For $150.00 (family of 5) I expect them to be full and not asking for food in an hour!

LeCellier we really liked (did a lunch there) although I do know why some people think it's overrated. The steaks aren't that much better than Outback, Longhorn etc..but we like those places. I did think the soup (beer, cheese :love:) and the pretzel bread were great, and the staff was very good. You and your husband may want to try this nice, relaxing non-character meal.

I would definately keep Le Cellier it is always one of our must do restaurants. I love the pretzel bread and filet. Yes sometimes you might wait 20 minutes but I have waited way longer than that at the local outback or other steakhouse and the filet at Le Cellier is so much better.
Your daughter is going to get to see the princess at the castle so have a meal that is for you.

Personally, I would keep both of them. An early breakfast for park opening doesn't cut into your park touring time, since the park is not open yet anyway. So I don't officially count those as a time-wasting TS meal. If it is a DDP credit issue, then I would figure the cheapest place of all my ADRs and pay it OOP.

Disney is as much about the food as it is the parks to me. :) But everyone has different tastes and circumstances that could affect that decision. YMMV.

I have decided to only have one TS each day. Right now on our EPCOT day we have Akershus at 8:05 for breakfast and Le Cellier for 4:35. I am having a tough time picking one to cancel. It will be my husband, 5 year old girl, and myself. My husband doesn't care, my daughter will like Akershus and I would love to try Le Cellier.
It will much easier to get everyone to EPCOT early if we have a breakfast to make it to, and having the evening free makes our day a little more flexible to go back to the resort and swim or hit another park if we want.
But then again... it's Le Cellier! We could pick up counter service breakfast and just try to make rope drop.
We also have Ohana dinner, Ohana breakfast, CP breakfast, CM breakfast, Mama Melrose dinner, and CRT dinner planned.
Thanks!

Neither :) This is my Epcot day...8:05 at Akershus & 4:55 at Le Cellier in May. I'm not sure. I'm sure your daughter would love Akershus, we had lunch there in Sept and it was great! We are doing Breakfast in May. I guess probably Akershsus since you are doing CRT (even though we do both). Le Cellier gets rave reviews. Why do you have to cancel one? Why not cancel Mama Melrose or something like that?

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I still can't decide. Part of me just wants to keep both. I will be on the dining plans with 6 TS and already paying for two meals out of pocket. I only have Mama Melrose because I have the fantasmic package. My daughter has seen some video of Fantasmic and it is a must do on our one day in DHS. I wish I could just cancel CRT dinner since it would give me 2 credits but that is one meal my husband really wants to do since we have never eaten in the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter