Epcot Construction Update Thread - Updated 6/25/19

anthony2k7

DIS Veteran
Bit off topic.... but meanwhile in Dubai this is what they have planned for Expo 2020.

All this for a one off event. Disney "imagineers" need to take a look at this and remember what Epcot was supposed to be like!

• Euby

DIS Veteran
    Wow! I knew those things took up a lot of space, but OMG I didn't think it was that much. I'm looking forward to taking my first pictures in years without the "tombstones". Do you think this will be completed by October 2020?

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    Wow! I knew those things took up a lot of space, but OMG I didn't think it was that much. I'm looking forward to taking my first pictures in years without the "tombstones". Do you think this will be completed by October 2020?
    Everything is being done in phases. I do not believe everything will be done by October 2020. There is a ton more that hasn't even started yet at Epcot.

Euby

DIS Veteran
    Everything is being done in phases. I do not believe everything will be done by October 2020. There is a ton more that hasn't even started yet at Epcot.
    Sorry I just meant the "tombstone" replacement. It'd be great if they completed it by Oct 2020 (for purely selfish reasons ;)).

• CarolynFH

DIS Veteran

I am so pumped about this. Heck, I'm happy enough for them to just leave it with the concrete filler.
    Yay!!!

I know a lot of people paid serious amounts of money to have their photos posted, but those monoliths obstructed foot traffic tremendously and looked just plain ugly too. Especially since they were so empty!

DopeyRN

Who says we have to grow up?
    I have been gone for 5 years and am trying very hard to catch up. All those legacy bricks that were pretty expensive to purchase as I remember have been destroyed? I wonder did the people who bought them at least get their tile?

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    I have been gone for 5 years and am trying very hard to catch up. All those legacy bricks that were pretty expensive to purchase as I remember have been destroyed? I wonder did the people who bought them at least get their tile?
    The leave a legacy tiles were not expensive. Roughly $30ish. They are being moved to a new location.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News