EP in late Jan/early Feb?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
We'll be at Universal Monday January 29th arriving late through Thursday February 2nd, leaving in the afternoon. We've never been this time of year before so I am curious how the crowds typically are? Would you recommend EP for this time of year?

To my knowledge, I think it will fall during Mardi Gras season at Universal. However, it is before the mid-winter breaks the schools here in the Northeast have in February. Anything else big this time of year I should be concerned about?

We'd really like to try Sapphire Falls, but have never been without EP before. Don't want to regret my decision! Thanks all!

I'm no Uni expert compared to others on board, but I spent a lot of time researching dates for last year's trip - we ended up going the first weekend in Feb. I believe Mardi Gras starts first weekend in Feb, so above dates may miss it. But there's a Harry Potter event in late Jan that I think is pretty popular with resorts offering room packages around it. People also extend their stay before and after the actual event. That may coincide w/your dates. You can probably search DIS boards or online to get this year's schedule.

I stayed at rpr this past end of Jan early feb this year

Weekends had more in them
Mardi graus was busy opening weekend

Week days were calm

Do not think you will have any long line waits for the four weekdays you will be there

If some rides have long waits use the single rider lines if a available

Came back to add that your time period will be a great one

Weekends will have Mardi Gras as I went to it this year opening night

Crowds were very doable except for the food stands the Saturday/Sunday nights

parkwise for rides and shows ..... great time for us in the parks
Had hotel ep and did not use them for some rides

Since I was surprised how manageable the parks were in this time period, I plan to drive down for a short 4 day stay again next year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!