Entrance to parks question

Happy99

DIS Veteran
Apologies in advance as I am sure this has been asked before, however not finding anything when searching, most likely user error :)

We are staying at the Grand California in a villa in mid May 18-22, 2018. We plan on going to the parks Friday 5/18 and Monday 5/22 and will have two day park hoppers.

I am aware of the entrance through the hotel to DCA. My question is can this entrance be used to go into DL park when DL park opens earlier? What tips and hits can all of you wise people provide as far as not getting caught up in the long lines to get into the parks?

Any other tips and hints would be most welcome, it has been five years since we last visited DL. By the way I went to the thread on the sticky part above but a lot of the links no longer work and most of the pictures no longer show up.

Last edited:
No, you can't cut through the DCA entrance if DCA is closed. And if DCA is open, it still wouldn't save you from the line at the entrance, because you would then need to exit DCA and enter DL through the main entrance.

Apologies in advance as I am sure this has been asked before, however not finding anything when searching, most likely user error :)

We are staying at the Grand California in a villa in mid May 18-22, 2018. We plan on going to the parks Friday 5/18 and Monday 5/22 and will have two day park hoppers.

I am aware of the entrance through the hotel to DCA. My question is can this entrance be used to go into DL park when DL park opens earlier? What tips and hits can all of you wise people provide as far as not getting caught up in the long lines to get into the parks?

Any other tips and hints would be most welcome, it has been five years since we last visited DL. By the way I went to the thread on the sticky part above but a lot of the links no longer work and most of the pictures no longer show up.

What time are you arriving on Friday? DCA has EE Friday and if you're there early enough you could take advantage of this. Monday is also EE for DCA.
For Friday May 18th, keep in mind that is a Grad Night and the seniors will be there in packs.

For regular or EE opening of the parks, many feel it's best to use the main entrances. The GCH entrance for DCA is fine later in the morning after the main rush is over.

Geemo

We arrive at 11am on Friday the 18th. I posted this before I saw that is will most likely be grad night so we may switch to Sunday and Monday.

We arrive at 11am on Friday the 18th. I posted this before I saw that is will most likely be grad night so we may switch to Sunday and Monday.
I really appreciate the effort Figment_jii puts into the annual thread.
It can help so many as they plan for an up coming trip.

Sunday and Monday EE will be so nice!
Have fun at the Villa's

Geemo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter