Enjoyed Space 220 Lounge

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I thought I’d write a quick review of our dinner at Space 220 lounge since we really liked it. I read so many negative reviews for the restaurant I was really tempted to cancel. Looking over the menu for the main restaurant I wouldn’t do that for that price point.

1660170770991.jpeg
It was a fun elevator ride to space. My baby was very entertained by it. The ride back down wasn’t as great since my baby was over being there by then and we had to wait for people to come up to go back down and couldn’t just leave.

1660171025946.jpeg
Our view from our table. I tried to blur out the people sitting in front of us which is why it looks weird there. Sorry photoshop is not my strong suit! We thought the view was awesome from the lounge. It might be even better than the main restaurant closer to the screens since we could see everything.

1660171216801.jpegthe menu for the lounge. We decided to do two appetizers and two other dishes for our main. They also were super nice and brought my baby a bowl of Mac n cheese which was great because my back up for food for her was the chicken and waffles and she hated it.

1660171308527.jpeg
I got the deviled eggs. They were delicious. And I thought a pretty presentation.

1660171444567.jpeg
My husband got the blue moon cauliflower. He enjoyed this and isn’t a big vegetable fan.

1660171486954.jpeg
For main course my husband got the chicken and waffles. He enjoyed it. We tried giving a little to the baby and she spit it out.

1660171545468.jpeg
I got the sliders and thought they were great. It doesn’t mention on the menu but they also come with fries. That was a nice surprise when they arrived.

So overall was a great experience! My one complaint that I didn’t see anyone mention was how low to the ground the chairs and table were. This was our first lounge experience at Disney. Is this normal for lounges? My husband is really tall so it was a little bit of a challenge for him. Besides that we loved it and want to go back. It definitely seems like the hardest to get reservation right now. Took a lot of effort getting this and had tried for our previous trip and it was gone when window opened and never came through for reservation finders. But definitely worth the effort to try again for it in the future

Thank you for this review! We just got reservations for October- our first space 220 visit, so I’m excited to see it! And the lounge menu looks perfect to us!

I agree. The lounge menu was perfect. And my kid was ALL IN on that elevator. On the way down, my five year old seemed very concerned about "reactivating the gravity" and they kind of stopped and did "some more checks" and "made a call" to double check for her. It was probably the cutest thing on the whole trip. They were training an elevator operator too, and she was amused. It was obviously off script.

I really would love to get into the lounge during out trip. I could get dinner when I booked our adrs but not the lounge and we really didn't want the full dinner service. Hoping we get lucky while there.

Thank you for this review! We just got reservations for October- our first space 220 visit, so I’m excited to see it! And the lounge menu looks perfect to us!
Enjoy! You’ll have a great time :)

I agree. The lounge menu was perfect. And my kid was ALL IN on that elevator. On the way down, my five year old seemed very concerned about "reactivating the gravity" and they kind of stopped and did "some more checks" and "made a call" to double check for her. It was probably the cutest thing on the whole trip. They were training an elevator operator too, and she was amused. It was obviously off script.
That’s so adorable I love how cast members do things like that.

I think the view from the lounge is better than the restaurant view, too. Add in that each guest has the choice of the prix fixe menu or the “Flight Bites” and the lounge is definitely my preference over the restaurant.
Ya the lounge seems to be the better option for all those things. I think I’d only go back for the lounge and wouldn’t do the main restaurant

I really would love to get into the lounge during out trip. I could get dinner when I booked our adrs but not the lounge and we really didn't want the full dinner service. Hoping we get lucky while there.
Keep trying! People cancel all the time. The best way to find something is to obsessively check on the days right before you want to go. I find that the reservation finder waits about 10-15 minutes before you get the alert and then it can be gone by the time you go look. Toggling back and forth between times is the easiest way to keep refreshing

Last time I was there as we were getting ready to “ascend”, a little one about 5 years old looked up at mommy very worried and said “I don’t want to go into space”! Soooo cute :love:

CM quickly said “it’s OK because it’s all magic” LOL

Last edited:
We enjoyed this location on our last trip this past Jan 2022. It was a fun experience but for us this restaurant is a one and done. I'm glad we did it, but we don't and probably won't do it again. I think everyone should try it at least once and then determine if you want to go again.

We enjoyed this location on our last trip this past Jan 2022. It was a fun experience but for us this restaurant is a one and done. I'm glad we did it, but we don't and probably won't do it again. I think everyone should try it at least once and then determine if you want to go again.
I definitely think people should always try something for themselves before writing it off due to others reviews. Did you do the lounge or the main restaurant?

Great review -- thank you for sharing!
Thank you!

Oh and BTW, not all Disney lounges have "low" chairs/tables ;) In fact I haven't encountered one yet. So it will be interesting when we visit this one to compare.

The lounge is 100% the better of the two options. We had a better view and could order anything off the bar menu, and any apps or desserts on the dinner menu. It was perfect. And 4 of us ate for the cost of one dinner. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Ya we were commenting that our bill was less than if we had gotten one price fixed which was really nice!

Oh and BTW, not all Disney lounges have "low" chairs/tables ;) In fact I haven't encountered one yet. So it will be interesting when we visit this one to compare.
Oh good to know! I noticed the tables in the regular restaurant part looked normal. Ours felt like they were kiddy tables lol. I’m short so my feet don’t always touch the ground in a chair I didn’t have that problem here

Ya we were commenting that our bill was less than if we had gotten one price fixed which was really nice!

Oh good to know! I noticed the tables in the regular restaurant part looked normal. Ours felt like they were kiddy tables lol. I’m short so my feet don’t always touch the ground in a chair I didn’t have that problem here
We had a standard size table and benches. Along the wall divider. It was great.

A good review in a sea of bad reviews, that's great to hear because we're at the lounge on 21st August. We have 11.30am which is the first seating of the day. Chicken/waffles and sliders for us, thank you for the photos.

Thanks for the review! Going to the lounge in September. Thinking my Mom and I will split the deviled eggs and then she can have shrimp cocktail and I will have the sliders. We are definitely excited to try it. I had another friend eat there a month or so ago and she also gave the lounge stellar reviews. Does anyone know if we can bring a scooter up or if it will need to be parked outside and my Mom walk in.

Oh lucky! Did you have a bigger party? All the tables around us were the lower to the ground type.
We had 4. It was a standard 4-person table. With benches instead of booths or chairs. This was our table.

Attachments

• 6655EBEC-B53A-4FDD-84DF-B7B0F9D92559.jpeg
    6655EBEC-B53A-4FDD-84DF-B7B0F9D92559.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 24
A good review in a sea of bad reviews, that's great to hear because we're at the lounge on 21st August. We have 11.30am which is the first seating of the day. Chicken/waffles and sliders for us, thank you for the photos.
That’s why I wanted to share my experience. I didn’t see any good reviews before going and I was really close to cancelling but glad I didn’t

Thanks for the review! Going to the lounge in September. Thinking my Mom and I will split the deviled eggs and then she can have shrimp cocktail and I will have the sliders. We are definitely excited to try it. I had another friend eat there a month or so ago and she also gave the lounge stellar reviews. Does anyone know if we can bring a scooter up or if it will need to be parked outside and my Mom walk in.
The deviled eggs were probably my favorite part. I don’t know about the scooter, but there’s not a ton of room and there is stroller parking outside so they might make you park that outside too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter