"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

bOi1lgV.jpg

(don’t you think Su-Lynn’s face looks like an emoji here?)

HAHAHAHA

In Showcase Plaza we waited around for a bit, as the Blue Angels were flying overhead. They did 2 flyovers and it was very cool. I think several of us (me included) weren’t super invested in it (and really, it ended up taking some time out of the VIP tour, so we should have just started the tour after the flyover), but I’m really happy we saw it, as it was very neat!

It was very neat! I guess looking back we should have started after the flyover, for sure.

Then, we headed over to ride Frozen Ever After. As our 2nd full boat went on its way we realized Liesa and Kari had been left behind for a boat with strangers! Liesa was not amused and shaking her fist at us! It was actually pretty hilarious!
Haha I don't even remember this!

Kara looks very concerned about her hair!
Coo group pic!
This was Jenny’s first time on the ride and as the bird flies up to the screen, we just hear a loud “Jesus Christ!” Another hilarious moment and the rest of our row was just laughing the whole time!
That was hilarious!
And we have a second Su-Lynn emoji photo!

AtsYC14.jpg
I crack myself up! I don't even realize I do that!
Move aside Kim Kardashian with the Kimoji. We have a @chunkymonkey emoji app coming up!
Yes the Chunkimoji app launching by the next Epic trip!!
😆 😆 😆
As we boarded, I handed my phone to our other tour guide and she was able to take some photos while we were on the ride!
So cool!
(Unfortunately our on-ride photo never showed up; instead everyone in my car ended up getting a second version of Su-Lynn’s car’s photo! Chunky invasion!)
Well of course I did this with my jedi mind tricks.
Cool pic! I don't remember who took this!
The wait in the pre-show room was pretty long, so we ended up doing the wave…
So fun!
Nice expression!!
Afterwards, we were all free to go our own ways. Su-Lynn: “now, we’re like regular people – what do we do now?”
Sob, sniff, boo, I just don't know if I can deal with this ordinary life anymore. :sad:

Hi Lesley, I'm finally getting back to trip reports and I have really enjoyed catching up on yours. Sounds like you had an awsome VIP tour, how exciting to get the opportunity!!

Jon (our guide) also pointed out fun details like the Standby Entrance time is actually Buster’s tag, so if you look behind it, Andy’s address is there!
Whoa cool I didn't realize that! I'll have to look for his address next time!

so we ended up being 16 people – perfect for 1 whole pre-show room!
NEAT! The complete-ness of that makes me very, very happy.

If anyone wasn’t paying attention, for SWGE at Disneyland, they implemented a reservation system for the first month. This really was the best way to control the potentially crazy crowds. I’ve already posted about my actual experiences, so we obviously got a bunch of reservations! But they became available to book while I was on the ride! Literally, as I’m on the Banshee, I’m holding my phone tight to my chest and clicking “refresh-refresh-refresh”. Thankfully I had anticipated this once they announced May 2 would be the day of reservations, so I had sent Dina my username/password and after she got in once using her account, she got in again using my account.
Oh my goodness I can totally picture this in my head! How stressful!! Glad you got it, though :D

We said goodbye to Jon and our other guide (I forgot her name!) and they gave us fun VIP tour pins!
I didn't realize you get a pin from a VIP tour but of course you do :P

“now, we’re like regular people – what do we do now?”
:rotfl2:

Sounds like a great start to your tour at Epcot and DHS!

Omg I would have been so stressed trying to manage SWGE reservations while riding FoP!

The rest of your your time at AK and MK sounds like it was great! What a fun experience!!

Finally had a chance to play catch up! I was like 6 or 7 updates behind so only commented a little.

Unfortunately, it was pretty much the lamest celebration parade ever.

I am so glad I didn't change my plans on this morning to go to the parade.

the WDW water parks, which I had yet to enjoy

Last time I was at a Disney water park I was 12 and it was River Country. Someday I need to get back to one but it's definitely not a priority for me.

While we were hanging there eating a big rain fall came through and sprayed everyone

I have a feeling we crossed paths several times during that evening without knowing it. I was visiting with Mickey during that first rain storm.

We got to meet up with a bunch of others: Su-Lynn, Su-Queen, Steve, and some new people: Ariana, Billie, and Sarah (Dismeets #8, 9, 10)

Yay! That was a fun first meet up for me.

where we proceeded to confuse the hell out of the CMs, as we had 10 people, but most everyone had paid separately.

I totally forgot about this one! I think that was the closest to "irritated" I've seen a CM. Probably didn't help that we kept talking over each other when trying to explain what we wanted.

First, a photopass stop, where we got some great shots with a fun photographer!

She was awesome! Just wish I could have followed directions on all of the pictures.

But of course it had to be pink and sparkly!

I think that's a given when designing one of those cars. I think the only other color I've done is purple.

so it was a bit of a mob getting into the line after the design room.

This is one thing I don't like with Disney lines. They are so good with crowd and line control but I hate it when you have to merge after a preshow. There's got to be a better way to organize that.

Liesa and Kari had been left behind for a boat with strangers!

You snooze, you lose. :rotfl:

(Does it look like @Pluto0809 is saying a prayer or pointing to the heavens here?)

What is it with all the shots up my nose? :confused3:rotfl2:I believe I was pointing out the Slinky Dog game to Jackie and wishing they actually made a version of the game that you could buy.

The wait in the pre-show room was pretty long, so we ended up doing the wave…

I forgot about this too! I knew we joked around and goofed off in there but I forgot about the wave.

had a bit of a kick, but I am so spice sensitive, don’t know if other people would be able to tell!

Hmmm, do you think it was the noodles that were spicy? Or was it the shrimp or sauce? I'm not a fan of a lot of spice so it concerns me if it was the noodles since I want to try them next time.

Lots of replies needed this morning!
Sorry... But I guess the 3 beds was the most important thing. And we enjoyed our room location. It was a water view room. I am sure we will be out in no mans land for our August trip, as we are in a standard room.
Yeah, and we weren't really in the rooms for that long! It would have been fun to be close by, but your room location and view was pretty glorious!
What is up with Skuttle being missing? He was missing for us one day in Feb.
I don't think I've ever actually seen him! This was the first time there was the potential to see him and out of luck!
You guys all look so happy!!!
All hopped up on sugar!
What are Minnesota goodies?
I think a deck of cards, keychain. Though I realize now I should have left the cards in my Owners Locker for future trips!
You are cranking out these updates!
Haha, yeah I need to get all my TRs done before Asia! I prewrite most of them, just need to edit and put photos in the correct places!
VIP day seems amazing, i would have been majorly stressing out the reservation too. Isn't it always like that, the things is released when you 100% know you will be doing something else!

But you were able to score the reservations in the end so it all worked out!
Yup! Everything worked out in the end!

CS: Caseys, Satuli, and 8 Spoons
TS: Tiffins/Nomad, Terralina, Mr. Paul, Sanaa, and if and when money is less tight, V&As.
Of those, I haven't visited 8 Spoons yet. But I would put Yak and Yeti Local Foods and Flame Tree on my repeat list for QS. For TS, haven't gone to Terralina, Monsieur Paul, or V&A. Sanaa, I didn't dislike, but overall I'm not a big fan of Indian food, so I would probably wait for when my family was visting (my mom loved it).
Sorry, Lesley, that was my fault.
Don't worry about it! It still was an awesome day!
SCORE!!!! I clearly remember that as you were giving us live updates.
And rubbing it in your faces! :P
So stressful!!

It is clearly the better side. :thumbsup2
Definitely a heart-racing period of time!
Huh. Didn't know that... then again I've never been in the standby queue and may never be in it. :laughing:
I've been in it once - the day before Hurricane Irma and it was posted as a 45 minute line in the middle of the day, so my sister and I went ahead. Though in the end it was more like a 30 minute line, with a 45 minute total experience time! One day I want to get in the queue right before park close to be able to enjoy it all without as much of a wait!

I think I do too. I've only had the nuggets once, but DL corn dogs rock. Corn Dog Palace is my favorite.
I love them too. A reliable go-to place (though I hate it when sometimes you get one dripping in oil)!
I barely got photos with my good DSLR, but that's for the next update.
I just got a nice new camera (sort of baby-DSLR style), so hopefully I'll be able to take better low-light photos in Asia!
I've never been on that ride at MK, only DCA.
Spoiler alert - they are identical! :)
What a fun day at Typhoon Lagoon!
It was a nice day! Just relaxing! I'd go back for the lazy river alone.
Little one in the front row is NOT happy with Pirates
Oh I didn't even see that! At least she didn't scream or fuss and bother the rest of the boat!
I'm still following along, even though I've been a lousy commenter! Just know I'm still reading and enjoying all your stories and reviews. I'm so envious of your VIP tour day, how much you accomplished, and how much fun you all must have had as a massive group!
It really was a great experience all together!
I've enjoyed your trip report! I really liked all the posts about SWGE. I can't wait to see it in Disney World.
Thanks! I'm sure you are going to love it!

It was very neat! I guess looking back we should have started after the flyover, for sure.
You live and your learn! Still an awesome day!
Yes the Chunkimoji app launching by the next Epic trip!!
😆 😆 😆
Optional purchase - Manatee collection!
Cool pic! I don't remember who took this!
I think I quickly handed my phone to Jon before the preshow door closed!
Nice expression!!
What - apparently no one else whistles on this ride!
Hi Lesley, I'm finally getting back to trip reports and I have really enjoyed catching up on yours. Sounds like you had an awsome VIP tour, how exciting to get the opportunity!!
It was very cool!
I didn't realize you get a pin from a VIP tour but of course you do :P
I think they had recently started doing that, which was a fun souvenir!

Sounds like a great start to your tour at Epcot and DHS!

Omg I would have been so stressed trying to manage SWGE reservations while riding FoP!

The rest of your your time at AK and MK sounds like it was great! What a fun experience!!
Yeah it was all awesome!
I am so glad I didn't change my plans on this morning to go to the parade.
I'm glad too! At least for me, I wasn't switching things to see it because TL doesn't open until 10am anyways.
I have a feeling we crossed paths several times during that evening without knowing it. I was visiting with Mickey during that first rain storm.
Haha, probably!
I totally forgot about this one! I think that was the closest to "irritated" I've seen a CM. Probably didn't help that we kept talking over each other when trying to explain what we wanted.
Yeah... oops!
This is one thing I don't like with Disney lines. They are so good with crowd and line control but I hate it when you have to merge after a preshow. There's got to be a better way to organize that.
Test Track just seems to be the worst!
What is it with all the shots up my nose? :confused3:rotfl2:
Sorry!
Hmmm, do you think it was the noodles that were spicy? Or was it the shrimp or sauce? I'm not a fan of a lot of spice so it concerns me if it was the noodles since I want to try them next time.
I don't really remember. Maybe the noodles themselves?

Day 6, Part 3 - Star Wars and Desserts - my kind of evening!

After the tour, I was feeling the heat and humidity and ended up grabbing a Mickey bar before heading back to YC. I didn’t feel like dealing with the buses – still feeling too special for that – so instead I called a Minnie Van. Love the cones even have dots!

lvTdjzy.jpg

Stopped at The Market and picked up my traditional resort pin and ornament (they had 2 pins so of course I bought both)!

JwJ2qlC.jpg
4mLNu5H.jpg

I love this sign and they updated it every day! Can you guess what my vote was?

o5wWlvu.jpg

At this point, I pretty much just chilled for a while! Well, after I blew up a bunch of balloons for a reason that will become revealed shortly!

YxcV16j.jpg

Around 7, Caroline and I headed out and over to DHS for our evening plans (I think Molly went to Disney Springs for the evening).

AeTrkL9.jpg
BXfWo3O.jpg

We had one multi-experience FP each (I won the late night lotto the day before – if you have a FP one evening and it converts to an “anytime” FP during the last hour of park operation (so either you had a FP for during the last hour only, or the ride broke down in the last hour) it will become an anytime good to be used that evening or at ANY park the following day, with some high-ticket ride exceptions). Caroline and I used that on TSM, which I had never been on at DHS.

Very fun queue!

gFiwOPv.jpg
8kYY9Pp.jpg
k6uhW50.jpg
0uh81Kh.jpg
1W5k4CM.jpg
1Cvyjo7.jpg
sOiufx0.jpg

Caroline nearly beat me (though I’m not exactly an expert at it anyways)

cDIOGQB.jpg
GP2P5mZ.jpg

On the way out, I admired the various walls and she took a photo of me with the popsicle wall!

CR6IBxs.jpg
eNS1km5.jpg
xlPkSPf.jpg
NuG3vZg.jpg

Now, time for the SWAGS, where we met up again with Jackie and Ariana. I’d done this in 2017, but since then they’ve switched it up a bunch, including sitting at tables – very much appreciated! The desserts were great and stormtrooper interactions super fun. At one point in the evening I was talking with the ladies and they all just stopped and stared a little bit above my head. I turned around and a Trooper was just right up next to my head! He didn't appreciate my "long live the resistance" chant!

G4OVUwW.jpg
3tCeMYh.jpg
BdJg8J6.jpg
rW8ymDr.jpg
O8yrdyi.jpg
OXUuwVC.jpg
Tx6eVVD.jpg
N31z7Rc.jpg
A9Ah4M1.jpg
JBdrTSJ.jpg
pMtXhxJ.jpg
SPJCeDA.jpg
n1NY0ce.jpg
xPcuPVd.jpg
zfzbrCq.jpg
6dPzptO.jpg

Most of these desserts were different. I liked the space junk bread pudding the best (sometimes it has Walnuts, but those were big enough I could pick around them). I also went back for multiple rounds of proscuitto and mozzarella balls (gotta get my cheese quota in this evening)! The Dark Chocolate Mousse domes were also nice. I was too exhausted to really drink any of the alcohol options.

We got Darth Vader Steins, which I already have, so I gave mine to Jackie for her son. As we left the Launch Bay, I pointed out the Vader stein to a stormtrooper and asked where I can throw it away. The guy just goes "NOPE"... It was pretty amusing!

We got to see the new projection show, which was just fine to me. I didn’t love it – I prefer Movie Magic. But it was nice enough. (I think I prefer projection shows which have a story, however small that is, like Once Upon a Time or Tree of Life Awakenings, not just clip shows-again, just my opinion though.)

0BrkYMS.jpg
KRByN0v.jpg
h0BsGMh.jpg

We got to sit down for the fireworks, which was also cool. And I loved the viewing location – yes, you cant really see the far off fireworks that well, but there are much fewer of those, so you really feel like you are in the center of the action with things exploding all around you! Highly recommend!

huXEOt7.jpg
xmtgsxd.jpg
tCvhg8u.jpg
8CWcVth.jpg
Nulhzk8.jpg
Y0l3U5H.jpg

Afterwards, Caroline and I headed back to YC, where I got a text that Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls! ) and her family had finally arrived (Dismeet #17)! I had some surprises for Morgan – it was her birthday weekend. Ariella and I had to coordinate and of course I kept almost running into the girls! Involved a couple times of hiding behind bushes and Ariella distracting the girls to eat outside the room. We were able to collect the balloons and other goodies and set up the room a bit, and once Andy and the girls headed up, I went and hid in the stairwell across from the room! It was fun to hear their surprised voices!

(these are Ariella’s photos)

0rV6uMO.jpg
fgIIreh.jpg
zlrBKna.jpg
vv3m8Ee.jpg

I came in and was able to visit a bit, but knew they were exhausted after their long travel day and I was tired too, but we’d get to see each other again (of course though their room was the furthest possible away from our room, but oh well)!

Coming up - a morning with animals and family dinner!

Most of these desserts were different. I liked the space junk bread pudding the best (sometimes it has Walnuts, but those were big enough I could pick around them). I also went back for multiple rounds of proscuitto and mozzarella balls (gotta get my cheese quota in this evening)! The Dark Chocolate Mousse domes were also nice. I was too exhausted to really drink any of the alcohol options.

Everything looks so good here! The space junk bread pudding looks to die for!

Afterwards, Caroline and I headed back to YC, where I got a text that Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls! ) and her family had finally arrived (Dismeet #17)! I had some surprises for Morgan – it was her birthday weekend. Ariella and I had to coordinate and of course I kept almost running into the girls! Involved a couple times of hiding behind bushes and Ariella distracting the girls to eat outside the room. We were able to collect the balloons and other goodies and set up the room a bit, and once Andy and the girls headed up, I went and hid in the stairwell across from the room! It was fun to hear their surprised voices!

(these are Ariella’s photos)

This is SO sweet!!!

What a fun night at DHS! I've always wanted to stay for that show, and never have! The Dessert party looked yummy!

Ah, what a fun surprise for your friend's daughter! <3

At this point, I pretty much just chilled for a while! Well, after I blew up a bunch of balloons for a reason that will become revealed shortly!
The girls still talk about how nice that was and that you brought that stuff all the way from California.

I love all of the theming in this area.

Caroline nearly beat me (though I’m not exactly an expert at it anyways)
that was some serious shade you just threw back... Ha!

I want to do this again! We did this along time ago. Maybe if we get AP previews, I can add this to that day. If they ever announce the stupid dates!

! Involved a couple times of hiding behind bushes and Ariella distracting the girls to eat outside the room.
Andy said he never saw you, so you were an excellent bush hidder! :)

I came in and was able to visit a bit, but knew they were exhausted after their long travel day and I was tired too, but we’d get to see each other again (of course though their room was the furthest possible away from our room, but oh well)!
It really was an exhausting day and the worst flight ever! But I am glad we got to make it work!

The Galaxy book is sitting in our living room now! We took most of the decorations home with us, even a few balloons were successfully deflated to bring home even! Needless to say it was much appriciated by Morgan!

What an awesome view of the fireworks, looks love a fun desert party. The birthday decorations were so cute, that BB8 lantern is adorable!

Love the cones even have dots!
Oh wow I've never noticed those. So cute!

Well, after I blew up a bunch of balloons for a reason that will become revealed shortly!
LOVE those balloons!

On the way out, I admired the various walls and she took a photo of me with the popsicle wall!
As an avid Disneygrammer I'm ashamed that I have yet to see any of those walls in person. They're so cute!

but since then they’ve switched it up a bunch, including sitting at tables
PRAISE! I went last May and it was still standing at tables, and that was my only complaint. I bet it was amazing to actually sit!

What a neat idea! How fun to celebrate that way :D

Love the cones even have dots!

Those are so cute! I have yet to ride in a Minnie van, I have a hard time justifying the cost when there is free transportation available and would rather save my money for other stuff.

(I won the late night lotto the day before

I didn't have any luck on our May trip but I will definitely be trying this again each night in October!

Now, time for the SWAGS, where we met up again with Jackie and Ariana.

Yay! Such a fun evening.

At one point in the evening I was talking with the ladies and they all just stopped and stared a little bit above my head.

The Stormtroopers sure did focus on us a lot that night. It seemed like a ton more interaction than when I did the party in August. Of course, there were a lot less people at the party in May than in August. August's party was a bit oversold and very crowded.

And I loved the viewing location – yes, you cant really see the far off fireworks that well, but there are much fewer of those

I love that spot too, I don't think there is a better area in HS. If we were further back to see the far fireworks then you wouldn't be able to clearly see all of the projects.

We were able to collect the balloons and other goodies and set up the room a bit

Awe, so sweet! I bet they loved everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter