"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
“Enjoy these moments, they are precious” – Lesley’s EPIC TR!

Hello! And welcome!
IMG_4674.jpg
Another WDW trip completed, so time to start on the trip report! I wrote about my previous trips here:
Some basics:
My name is Lesley and I'm a 33 yr old engineer, living in Los Angeles. I've been a huge Disney fan all my life and have been a Disneyland AP for the past four years (with a few month break). Prior to my first WDW trip 2 Septembers ago, I upgraded that Annual Pass to a Premier, which made financial sense, since we got the discounts, memory maker, and overall benefits. Of course, with an AP burning a hole in my pocket, I ended up planning another trip for the following March, which then led me to deciding on a December trip for the decorations, and a February trip for a cruise. But that was going to be it... well, then my friends came along. The Dis has allowed me to make so many great (online) friendships, some of whom I've been able to meet in person in WDW or Disneyland (or even Disneyland Paris). Sometime last year we decided it was time to have a girls trip, and that snowballed from a handful of people to about 30 dissers! (Of course that meant another year with a Premier AP for me, which meant an upcoming NYE trip, plus another cruise in Feb/March 2020.) So, phew, that's how one trip and one AP turned into 7 trips, 3 APs, 2 cruises, and more!

Overall, thanks to that AP and my close proximity to DLR I get to go all of the time (I usually average 2-3 times per month, but sometimes I can end up going even more). I may also intersperse this TR with a couple Disneyland mini-reports! I'm also headed there for a stay-cation on May 31 for the opening of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge! So excited about that one!

Also, you may have noticed above that I got to visit Disneyland Paris this past summer, which I highly recommend as a great intro to International Disney trips! I am also in the middle of planning a 3-week trip to Asia in the Fall to check the rest of the Disney parks off my list! I've started writing up a pre-trip-report, to help keep me organized, here: A World of Disney - 2019-2020 Pre Trip Reports!
Some Disney basics:

Favorite WDW Park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Flight of Passage
Favorite TS Restaurant: Tiffins
Favorite character: Can't choose!
Favorite resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge

(notice a theme here...)

Trip basics:
Dates: April 27 – May 7
Resorts: Royal Pacific Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club, Beach Club – phew! (This wasn’t planned to be a split stay, but that’s how it worked out!)

Normally, it would just be me. Well, that wasn’t quite the case this trip, as I met up with an amazing group of ladies (and some Steves, a Joe, Luke, & Chad)! So many amazing memories (of course I didn’t get to chat enough with everyone, but there will be future trips for that)! The biggest co-stars in this TR will be my roomies at YC and BC – Caroline (@disneyAndi14 ) and Molly(@Mollydolly334 )! We never met in person or even spoke on the phone until we arrived at WDW – in fact, Caroline met me while I was in a wet bathing suit! But we clicked completely and totally enjoyed our time together! Su-Lynn (@chunkymonkey ) and her Chubby Hubby, Steve, will also make many appearances.

56abe7e7-c06a-4295-b580-05f85ec9bcd6.jpg

Of course a whole bunch of other ladies, with laughing (and napping) with Su-Queen, enjoying a dessert party or two with Ariana (@Pluto0809 ) and Jackie (@missjackiemcg ). Watching Liesa (@Steppesister ) coin the term, Chunkydump. Chilling with Billie (@Elevationist ) and Sarah (@IowaTater ) in Epcot. Enjoying Universal with Karilyn (@Malia78 ). Getting the most wonderful gift from Jennifer (@Chrystmasangel ). Having a relaxing time at Stormalong Bay with Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls! ) and her family. Getting to chat with Fallon (@fallonkendra ) and her DH, Luke. Designing a pink, sparkly Test Track car with Jenny (@Jenny Sanders ) and her DH, Joe. Having tea with Kara (@paradesintherain ) at the Grand Floridian. Wearing the same dress as Renee (@ArielSRL ) and getting photobombed by her DH, Chad. Having a shrimp party with Kari (@kastoney ) and Ariane’s (@ariane37 ) DH, Steve in Epcot. Demonstrating the proper side of the safari vehicle to sit on with Kelly (@buzzrelly ). Admiring Mary’s (@MissMaryQC ) new dress at Ohana. And more fun times in Epcot with Melinda (@pepperandchips ), Lindsay (@LindseyJo22 ), and Kelly (@cinderkelly ).

Honorable mentions go to my friend, Zach (@AMusicLifeForMe ), and another Disfriend, Alyssa (@amalone1013 ), who I met up with but weren't really on the EPIC Girl's Trip!

We had a lot of super fun plans:

• Universal Studios Orlando Informer Meetup (basically Disney After Hours, but both parks, longer hours, and free food)
  • 30th Anniversary at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Happily Ever After Dessert Party
  • A day full of pixie dust
  • Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party
  • Huge group dinner at Ohana
  • May the 4th at DHS
  • Drinking/Eating our way around the world at Epcot
  • California Grill Brunch
  • Hoop Dee Doo Revue
  • Tea at the Grand Floridian
  • And more!
Some miscellaneous photos from the trip:

58822251_10157420389167754_2482686281876766720_n.jpg IMG_5321.jpg 59079153_10157421489622754_8793279938888204288_n.jpg 59422324_10157421976272754_2847358215379746816_n.jpg IMG_6318.jpg IMG_6422.jpg IMG_6555.jpg 58740026_10157422527182754_116832121292587008_n.jpg
Follow along to find out the answers to these questions:
  • What did I think about the Universal Studios Orlando Informer Meetup?
  • Did I fall asleep during my conference? (If I’m asking this question, you probably know the answer already!)
  • How was the 30th anniversary celebration at DHS?
  • Which did I like more – Yacht Club or Beach Club?
  • What crazy things did I see on the safari?
  • Who spoke the heartwarming quote that I used to title this TR?
  • How did I like using Lyft/Uber throughout the trip?
  • What was the biggest annoyance during the trip?
  • Would all these virtual strangers get along?
  • Will we ever do this again?
  • How was Dapper Day at Epcot?

in fact, Caroline met me while I was in a wet bathing suit! But we clicked completely and totally enjoyed our time together!
So glad to hear that you ladies got along! It was so nice to float around with all 3 of you for a bit and chat!

Which did I like more – Yacht Club or Beach Club?
Can't wait to hear! We loved Yacht Club! Especially Andy... he just loved the whole area!

Did I fall asleep during my conference? (If I’m asking this question, you probably know the answer already!)
Hmm... Question should be how many places did you fall asleep.

What was the biggest annoyance during the trip?
Hopefully none of us lovely ladies... Of course my first thought, was hopefully not my children!

Will we ever do this again?
I hope so!!! I want to come next time properly!

Everyone else's Trip Reports!
This is awsome, Thanks!!!

Joining in and ready to hear all about it!

Here for the fun!

Looking forward to the epic re-telling!

Following along! :wave2:

I’m here!

I have arrived. :mickeyjum

I am here!!! First page still! Woo Hoo!

Joining in and ready to hear all about it!

I'm in! Very much looking forward to reading about this trip- it looked incredibly fun!!
Welcome everyone! Can't wait to share the epicness!
giphy.gif

Hmm... Question should be how many places did you fall asleep.
hahaha! :rotfl2:

Hopefully none of us lovely ladies... Of course my first thought, was hopefully not my children!
Oh no - I think you would know what was annoying! They were tiny, black, and buzzy!

I hope so!!! I want to come next time properly!
Definitely!

Still first page! :dogdance: Can’t wait to read all about the things I missed :)
I know! I feel like we barely got to talk!

Following along! So fun to see so many TR authors who I've followed over the past few years in one EPIC trip! Oh, and thanks for posting links to everyone else's TR's also! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!