"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

KAyGZ5c.jpg
At first glance it looked like the trees were on fire.
but honestly the love bugs really got to me!
Ugh. They were awful!
And my first time at Hoop Dee Doo Revue!
Yay! I'm hoping to do that soon. :)
While everything looks good... to me, that salad looks soooooo good.
Of course Molly looks cute even with a bucket of ribs!
Yes she does. :)
Su-Queen was a bit surprised though…
:laughing:
We made sure to ask the waitress for mac and cheese and she said, oh, sorry – we don’t have that anymore… these were our faces.
:lmao: Oh, no!!!
The result at the end
Pretty good dent in the food!
Cutie salt and pepper shakers
What the?!?!?!? That's the same salt shaker I have over my stove!
(Jackie – I didn’t include the video because all I caught was Sixpence calling out your age, so didn’t think that would be very polite to post)!
:rolleyes1
But, we did end up with this gem and payback when Su-Queen fell asleep on the bus!
:rotfl:

It ended up being on the opposite side of the resort from Stormalong Bay, but it also was super close to Epcot (the pink arrow on the right side of the photo below).

Great location for EPCOT! Too bad it was so far from the pool. But I think if I had to be close to one or the other, EPCOT would probably be my choice.

I hung out in the lazy river/pool/hot tub for a bit and was hoping to soak in some sun, but honestly the love bugs really got to me! They just buzz around and land on you and around you and ugh! So eventually I retreated back to the room.
giphy.gif

Ew. This would be my worst nightmare. Those love bugs really are disgusting. I don't blame you for heading inside!

Su-Queen was a bit surprised though…
JK4yQy3.jpg

:rotfl: Her expression is hilarious.

Just kidding! Oh we all just laughed like crazy and we knew our waitress totally fit in with our group!

Oh my gosh! :rotfl:

I love your ears!!

That ended up not being the smartest idea, as the cheerleading competition had rented out Magic Kingdom that night so there was an INSANE amount of traffic coming and going!

Uggh. That's too bad. Those competitions can make such a huge difference, especially when it's something like that where a park is rented out.

But, we did end up with this gem and payback when Su-Queen fell asleep on the bus!

8uaiwKT.jpg

Haha payback! 8-)

I really love the look of the rooms at the Beach Club! I'd love to stay there one day.

I was surprised with how much I enjoyed the HDDR - it looks like your group had a great time, too! (Then again, with that group, it would be hard to NOT have a great time!)

:rotfl2: That picture of Su-Queen is HYSTERICAL!

I had to split the reservation into two tables of 6, and thankfully we were seated so close it basically was one big table.
That's awesome when they can do that!

The Menu and food
A bucket of fried chicken. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Of course Molly looks cute even with a bucket of ribs!
Wow a brave soul to wear white while eating ribs. She is dashing AND daring.

We made sure to ask the waitress for mac and cheese and she said, oh, sorry – we don’t have that anymore… these were our faces.
Nooooooo

Just kidding! Oh we all just laughed like crazy and we knew our waitress totally fit in with our group!
Oh wow okay you definitely got me there 😅 I thought for sure you were about to go without mac and cheese.

Su-Lynn and I also realized (thanks Facebook memories) this was the 1-year anniversary of our first dismeet in Disneyland! I realized while we won't be together on our actual anniversary next year, we may meet up a couple weeks later briefly when she leaves the Disney Wonder and I hop on! Anyone know what you give as a gift for a 2-year anniversary? :P
So cute!

None of us were taken on stage, but there was a big group who were in training as cruise ship performers (going to join the Magic a few days later) and one of them was called up, so he was just hilarious!
Oh I bet that was awesome!!

it was Sunday night and that meant Game of Thrones! I had gotten my Chromecast to work so we watched on the big screen (Molly fell asleep quickly) and lots of “no – don’t kill her…” ensued.
Which episode was it???

I am officially nominating this for best chapter title of 2019, maybe of all time!

I want to check out HDDR so bad, i keep putting it off..... however this made it sound like i should really fit it in soon! So happy it was a good time!
Haha! HDDR was so much fun! I'd highly recommend it!
You did get Su-Queen back, haha!

Sorry the couch bed was rough, I have read how people do get egg crate toppers for the sofa beds and I wonder why you didn’t!
Yeah, I don't know what was up with the couch! But at least it was only 2 nights!
This room looks so nice!

LOVE all the photos from HDDR!!! Sounds like you guys had another amazing and fun meal together!!!!
It was nice. And the meal was amazing! Just so much fun!

Ugh. They were awful!
I know - didn't respect people's boundaries at all!
Yay! I'm hoping to do that soon. :)
So much fun!
While everything looks good... to me, that salad looks soooooo good.
I'm not a big salad fan, but I did like this! I think overloading on cheese always helps!
Great location for EPCOT! Too bad it was so far from the pool. But I think if I had to be close to one or the other, EPCOT would probably be my choice.
Yeah - it was funny trying to get there though because we just kept going further and further down the hallways!
Ew. This would be my worst nightmare. Those love bugs really are disgusting. I don't blame you for heading inside!
Yeah, they were just sooo gross!
I love your ears!!
Thanks - they are from Disneyland Paris, though I had to eBay them because it was a special event a couple days before I arrived, so they had sold out. But I do really like the colors!
Uggh. That's too bad. Those competitions can make such a huge difference, especially when it's something like that where a park is rented out.
It definitely was crazy! We were shocked by all the people arriving until we realized it was the cheerleaders!
I really love the look of the rooms at the Beach Club! I'd love to stay there one day.

I was surprised with how much I enjoyed the HDDR - it looks like your group had a great time, too! (Then again, with that group, it would be hard to NOT have a great time!)

:rotfl2: That picture of Su-Queen is HYSTERICAL!
It really was a great night!
I can't wait to do HDDR! I haven't done it since I was 7 so its time I get back there!
Definitely! I think at Christmas they do special songs and decorations too!
That's awesome when they can do that!
I know! I figured we would be sitting somewhat near each other, but we were basically one table!
A bucket of fried chicken. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.
Mmm, mmm!
Oh wow okay you definitely got me there 😅 I thought for sure you were about to go without mac and cheese.
So did we for a few seconds! (I had to make the girls re-enact their faces to get the photo because it was so hilarious)
Oh I bet that was awesome!!
It was! The guy who was brought up was just hamming it up! Like throwing his body to the ground and everything! The HDDR cast was laughing too!
Which episode was it???
Episode 4 - RIP Missandei and Rhagel
Your room looks so nice!

Looks like such a fun time at HDDR!
Yeah it was awesome!
Looks like you guys had a great time at HDDR! And isn't it great when you can get even stevens on someone...
Yup! Su-Lynn had to motion to me because I didn't even realize she was asleep!

After brunch, my roomies and I hopped in a Lyft back to Beach Club. On the way there the skies opened up and an insane rainstorm blew through. Very thankful we weren't caught up in that (though I think some of the EPIC gals weren't so luck).

It was insane!! We watched it from our GF window. Yikes! $ht was blowing all over!

I think in the end, all three of us agreed that we liked the Yacht Club lobby better, but the Beach Club rooms better. Maybe if we didn’t have an accessible room we would have liked YC rooms more though?

Very interesting observation. I haven't been in either of the rooms but interesting to throw the lobby into the mix.

Yes, it was JUST like that! Blech!

Adorbs!

:lmao:

Another happy birthday song for Jackie! Woot!

OMG, OMG, OMG, you're all doing the ChunkyDump!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

All three of us got the Orange Wine Slushy (soooo good). Su-lynn and I got the Lobster Tails (also very good, but overpriced). And I got the Citrus Shortcake.

Good solid choices! I approve! :laughing:

I decided to head back and get the Local Wildflower Honey-mascarpone Cheesecake

Oh yeah! That was another good one!

I made a stop at Fleur de Lys for a Macaron au Chocolate n Sucette (large chocolate maracon lollipop), and La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy.

I was going to say more goodies for the win, but didn't realize that they had changed the Macaron to a lollipop and put nuts on the outside of it. At least the slushy was good.

After sitting in France a while I just realized how wiped I really was! I knew everyone else was heading around the showcase (I think they were in America by then), but the heat and humidity were getting to me. So I decided – I paid a premium for a great hotel location, might as well take advantage of it! I headed back to YC to rest a bit! I wish I could have stuck it out as it looked like they all had fun, but it just wasn’t going to be pleasant for me!

At least you realized it and didn't try to push on. I know when I feel like that and keep going, I turn into a total mess. It even happened to me last Monday! :laughing:

We were supposed to have an Illuminations cruise, with 3 boats booked. Unfortunately the weather took a turn and they had to cancel all the boats that evening. Thankfully I got a full refund, which I sent onto the group, but it was disappointing all the same.

I imagine that would be disappointing, but then better than being drenched and capsizing!

I know a group of us ended up at Ale & Compass lounge, where we got some drinks and bites. Everything was very good and I will definitely be back!

That doesn't sound like a bad ending to the evening. Even if you didn't get to do what you really wanted to.

Molly, Caroline and I shared an Uber over to the Contemporary, where it was time for brunch!

Oh, I'm so envious! Really want to try their brunch!

Unfortunately it turns out the love bugs also decided to cover the Contemporary, all the way up to the roof – it was pretty gross and the outdoor areas were understandably closed off.

Ewwww. Love bugs are gross!

I loved the sushi and went back for multiple servings (I think there were probably other plates that I didn’t take photos of)

That looks nice and fresh!

Brie and Berries French Toast – house-made brioche, brie, berry compote, black mint, candied walnuts, and pine nuts (minus the nuts). I was not a fan of this at all.

I would have ordered it the same way, but sorry it didn't work out to be good.

And the Steak and Eggs – Two eggs any style (scrambled), charred tomato barbeque, sage fingerling potatos, lime aioli. This was better, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the sauces. And the eggs were very runny.

And I was looking at the picture thinking, "wow! Those eggs are cooked perfectly!" Normally I won't order scrambled eggs because they always come back burnt!

For my overall review of this meal – I don’t know if I’d bother doing it again. It was very expensive and for me, I didn’t really love any entrees and don’t enjoy the “mimosas” either. I did like the buffet though. And the company was fabulous. I just didn’t get as much a value from it.

That's funny cause your pictures cemented into my plans that next trip (not meaning the one in less than two months) I'm booking Cali Grill!

HDDR is one of my absolute favorite things to do and it must've been so much fun with a big group of you!

Awe you were thinking of me. LOL
Haha, of course!
I actually thought of you on the season premier night of GOT and wondered if you got to see it that night.
Gotta avoid the spoilers!
It was insane!! We watched it from our GF window. Yikes! $ht was blowing all over!
Yeah, the pool CMs were just racing everywhere trying to get everything tied down! And then it took them a while after the lightning passed before they could reopen the pool!
Very interesting observation. I haven't been in either of the rooms but interesting to throw the lobby into the mix.
I think also the lobby at Beach Club always smells like burnt food to me!
OMG, OMG, OMG, you're all doing the ChunkyDump!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Haha, yeah I think we planned it that way!
Oh yeah! That was another good one!
I normally don't like cheesecake that much, but the F&G one is so fluffy and lightweight!
I was going to say more goodies for the win, but didn't realize that they had changed the Macaron to a lollipop and put nuts on the outside of it. At least the slushy was good.
I actually prefer the Festival of the Arts slushy (I think it was Tangerine)!
At least you realized it and didn't try to push on. I know when I feel like that and keep going, I turn into a total mess. It even happened to me last Monday! :laughing:
Uh oh! We'll have to watch out for you in a couple weeks!
I imagine that would be disappointing, but then better than being drenched and capsizing!
Or electrocuted!
I would have ordered it the same way, but sorry it didn't work out to be good.
It was just a strange combo of flavors!
And I was looking at the picture thinking, "wow! Those eggs are cooked perfectly!" Normally I won't order scrambled eggs because they always come back burnt!
Yeah, I prefer dryer eggs? I'm just weird though!
That's funny cause your pictures cemented into my plans that next trip (not meaning the one in less than two months) I'm booking Cali Grill!
Haha - everyone has totally different tastes and that's what I love about Disney! It has something for everyone!
At what???? :confused3
When they slammed the bucket of meat down in front of her!
HDDR is one of my absolute favorite things to do and it must've been so much fun with a big group of you!
Truly an awesome night!

Sorry for the delay - just been exhausted trying to deal with work and just life!

Day 10 - Rope Drop for Frushi!

Today was the last full day at WDW. :sad: Always a sad day, but still had some fun times planned!

Caroline and Molly headed out earlier – but I don’t remember which park they went to! Instead I got cleaned up, and also took a brief nap in Caroline’s comfy bed (with her permission)!

My goal was to finally get a serving of Frushi, my favorite Flower & Garden dish which I hadn’t even tried yet this year!

AmPwciO.jpg

I stopped in France to check out those topiaries, plus some photos (I couldn't go directly to Japan because the majority of the World Showcase wasn't open yet)!

Dhe9L0P.jpg
uoWTuWv.jpg
KKVh43g.jpg
ebBQPik.jpg
Gvg6qAW.jpg
FKiA0gk.jpg
Gxl1mdb.jpg
adrEqnE.jpg
FYRnhkk.jpg

Then it was time for some frushi!

eBB2IbE.jpg

So yummy! I think I ended up popping out the pineapple, because even though I like pineapple, it wasn’t the ripest cut and was drowning out the rest of the tastes. But still, I love my Frushi!

giphy.gif

I also ran into Belle (who had no line) and even though I normally don’t both with Character Meets, I figured I had to with my dress! She loved it and we twirled…

MyAb5fH.jpg
AZmhlLf.jpg

Some photos as I made my way thru Epcot! And I loved how the photopass person timed it for a monorail shot!

OYhlZHS.jpg
jh4ayX8.jpg

ixp0YwQ.gif

Gotta take photos of topiaries and gardens! I think I must have also stopped to get my AP magnets (they were giving both Daisy and Pluto)

LnAGGfl.jpg
73YCcvI.jpg
AyPokrf.jpg
Bl29SGI.jpg

Loved the toy story section

H5ctw6m.jpg
oxoQ4SQ.jpg

Stitch

szWaaNA.jpg

Cars

unkkTVv.jpg

Daisy

AHagyAf.jpg

And I realized it was getting rather close to my ADR so I needed to head out. As I approached Spaceship Earth I saw the monorail start to arrive for its circle of Epcot. Well – crap, I need to catch that monorail. So I booked it (without running, since I was in flip flops) and rushed out of the park and up to the monorail platform, and was able to catch the train, just a little out of breath! (Also, they stuck around for a while after I boarded, so I didn’t need to rush as much as I did, but better safe than sorry.)

nGdsNpj.jpg

I think at the TTC, where I switched monorails I ran into Kari (or maybe it was Kara – I don’t actually have photo evidence), but that was fine because we were headed to the same place!

It was tea time! It ended up being me, Caroline, Liesa, Liesa’s mom, Kara, and Kari, which was a lovely bunch.

9MZmu8o.jpg
1KmPtBQ.jpg

Menu

7lTYuIa.jpg
JxWDUbr.jpg
cug6JdD.jpg

I got the Bedfordshire Tea – Traditional afternoon tea experience. (Oh, Tables in Wonderland does apply to this, but I don’t think it takes dining credits).

Everything comes out at once, but you start with finger sandwiches (cucumber, sweet curry chicken, traditional egg salad, poached pear with gorgonzola cream, and fire roasted tomato with oregano-goat cheese). I requested a second cucumber instead of egg salad, as I don’t like egg salad. I ended up liking the pear option the most (which was some people’s least favorite, so everyone can have different tastes). And I liked the caramelized onion tart, which wasn’t listed on the menu.

Wd5yF9C.jpg

You also get a caddy with traditional scone with accompaniments (Buttery golden raisin scone with Devonshire Clotted Cream, lemon curd and strawberry jam, served with a strawberry preserve tart) and a choice of dessert. For dessert I got the Delicate House-made pastries with Mousse-filled swan, French macaron, and chocolate covered strawberry. The other options are fresh cut strawberries with hand-whipped crème, or seasonal English trifle (which you can see on the platter as Kara got it).

06I3vEa.jpg
p20izZC.jpg

I’m pretty sure I got the Golden Caramel Roobios. I don’t drink tea that often, but tend to go for the sweeter options and load them up even further with sugar and cream!

C6ODpd3.jpg
vOoyuXY.jpg

At the end, the chef brought out a lovely plate of chocolates (he is friends with Kari), which we all shared. That castle – it’s chocolate, not a printed design on the plate!

M7k5HL8.jpg

I did like this experience. It was great with some new friends. And the food was good. I think I prefer the version at the Disneyland Hotel though (they theme it for each season/special event, which is fun).

Liesa got a rose for her birthday

OQrhlvs.jpg

On the way out I saw the tiled floors so had to take photos!

oPqZq7D.jpg
fCRxqjZ.jpg

Caroline and I did some switcheroos with clothing. I brought her "tea" dress with me so she didn’t need to carry it around in the morning and after tea, I gave her my dress so I didn’t wear it to Magic Kingdom. It is very cute, but also it was hot and humid, so not the most comfortable!

Coming up - Solo time in Magic Kingdom!

Frushi is sooooo good!

I'm glad you all had fun at tea. It's really a special experience and one I totally recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!