"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

Amazing safari! You got some great pictures!
Thanks! Funny thing - I didn't even know what photos I got or didn't get of the lions! We were driving away so I just was holding my camera on "burst"!
I love the baby giraffes! And how they all have friends... it's like a giraffe preschool!
Driver saves the day! You got unlucky with the delay, but lucky with the driver.
Yeah he was pretty good!
Caught up here, too! Oh my goodness, I can't believe the lion encounter you had on the safari! How neat! Very occasionally I see them up and walking around, but often just dozing. Never have I seen anything like this!
I know! At first I was just excited to see one walking around, but seeing the whole interaction was awesome!
I think this is the first time I've ever seen anyone say the lions did anything on their safari besides maybe look up! How cool that you got to have that experience - definitely worth the maintenance stop!
Definitely!
I look like I'm beatboxing or something!
It does!
Looove your shirt!
Thanks! I did a whole "girl power" theme for May!
Whaaat this is too cute, I can't handle it.
I love the otters! Too adorable!
OMG, I've never seen anything like this! How fun!
I know!
How lucky! Must have been amazing to see.
It was pretty awesome! That's why I love the safari - every time is a new experience!
I smell a conspiracy!!!
Yup! What do you have to say for yourself, @chunkymonkey ?
Awesome that you can sit down. I keep thinking about doing this. I know the hubby would love it and we could eat/drink our moneys worth, but the kiddo is so dang expensive I haven't bit the bullet yet
It is fun, but yeah, definitely pricey with kids! But you could do this, plus mid-afternoon lunch, and then you've got dinner covered?
This is amazing!!!! I had no idea you had done this. What a great surprise for Morgan!
I had some grand ideas of "breaking into" their room before they arrived, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Damn front desk being all safe and stuff!
Speaking of amazing. I don't think I've ever seen pictures of the lions so active. Glad your drivers side stalking worked out so well for you
I'll always do the drivers side!
I had NO idea that was there. I need to find it and get a photo there. :)
They also have a checker board wall. Better get there quick though - don't know how it will last once the entrance/exit from SWGE is in that area!
That's the time staller. If things are going smoothly with ride loading, you don't get it.
Yeah, it's weird because I hadn't seen it lately even though I have been stalled for time. Oh well!
A great start at AK! Love the pics of the giraffes!
Thanks! They are cuties!
Sounds like a nice morning in Animal Kingdom! Glad you weren't stuck for too long!

I think if I needed to be a zoo animal, I would want to be an otter, they def seem to have the most fun!
Agree! Otters just seem to constantly be playing!

Day 7, Part 2 – Gorillas and Tigers and Dismeets, oh my!

After the safari, I headed for the Gorilla Falls train, where I was hoping to get a photo of Baby Grace the gorilla, who was born a couple of days before. Unfortunately, momma was hanging under the bushes with the baby, so I didn’t get to see her, but they did have a couple nice photopass opportunities

m3rxTGZ.jpg
iZKJD3d.jpg
A6FTibC.jpg

YIA3bpE.jpg

The boys were also playing around and one of them decided he was done, so left the other guy alone, who began to pout! It was so sad but sweet! Eventually he was able to cuddle up to his momma (at least I assume it was her) and she consoled him.

4QfjmHK.jpg
0pKNkkR.jpg
oI4bCUy.jpg
j1yYAHQ.jpg

Oh, and I had an unexpected dismeet! @Momee ended up recognizing me and we were able to chat a bit, as well as take selfies together! It was the first time someone recognized me from the Dis, so that was super fun!

Qunc5Io.jpg

As I passed by Tamu Tamu treats I saw a notice for a special Limited Edition cupcake. I didn’t plan on originally getting a cupcake, but I’m never there for the LE ones, so I stopped to get it! It was a pretty basic chocolate cupcake, with some pink pearls inside. Nothing too extraordinary, but still good.

6vlLcQr.jpg
frJ2otW.jpg
0saZ4y5.jpg

Then, time for Expedition Everest. I hadn't ridden this since December, so was happy to get back on one of my favorite coasters! A pretty long line for the standby, but I was good in with the FP line (even though I was a bit outside of my “green mickey” window).

b8Vnd9V.jpg
G4goa0B.jpg
CsKxKp9.jpg
NxgHZCG.jpg
3N1nOb3.jpg

Off to Maharajah Jungle Trek. I was hoping to get a visit with the “baby” tigers, since I expect they could be moved to another facility once Momma starts another breeding cycle. Unfortunately, it was so hot, they pretty much were just lounging in the shade. But I did get to see some water buffalo hanging in the under-bridge river.

ZmqqtKY.jpg
ZHFomxA.jpg
HhgLg6m.jpg
1lIIGCW.jpg

The aviary was full of birds building nests and the keepers had added plenty of materials for the birds to collect.

LsR6sxZ.jpg
s4n6r1I.jpg

And I thankfully was able to run into Kevin in Asia! She was hilarious, interrupting a family getting a photopass picture, and posing in front of them! I’m sure that family got some great photos!

hcmfz2K.jpg
UgiWExn.jpg

Time for lunch, at a new-to-me place – Flame Tree BBQ. I ended up deciding to get the pulled pork sandwich, rather than a platter, since I was alone. I really liked it. I did have to hike down to the bottom level to find an empty table – not so much fun with my feet, which were getting very very sore. But I did like the food very much!

Rsfv4Zq.jpg
82VwqI0.jpg

After food I headed out of AK, as I had someplace fun to be – Stormalong Bay!

Coming up - Swimming and dining with friends!

I love the baby giraffes! And how they all have friends... it's like a giraffe preschool!
:laughing: I guess it is!
The boys were also playing around and one of them decided he was done, so left the other guy alone, who began to pout! It was so sad but sweet!
Awww... poor guy.
It was the first time someone recognized me from the Dis, so that was super fun!
:goodvibes
Still waiting if that ever happens to me. I've had people I know say "hi", but...
Maybe it never will. I don't post many photos of myself.
That looks... kinda odd.
A pretty long line for the standby, but I was good in with the FP line (even though I was a bit outside of my “green mickey” window).
I was wondering there, for a second. It sounded like you were going to ride standby and I couldn't understand why you wouldn't single rider.
Oh, no Lesley! Stay warm! Stay warmmmm!!!!!!
You look like you're having so much fun here. :)
And I thankfully was able to run into Kevin in Asia! She was hilarious, interrupting a family getting a photopass picture, and posing in front of them!
Kevin is great! We bumped into her too!

What a cute cupcake. How fun that you got to see Kevin!! I hope to run in to her when we are there, although she will probably terrify my granddaughter. Maybe from a distance it will be OK.

What a wonderful time on the animal trails! It's too bad you missed the baby gorilla, but your Photopass pictures are fun.

Yay, Kevin!!! I bet those Photopass pictures were GREAT - what an excellent photobomb!

Wow, the view from the top of Everest looks so different with the new Gran Destino Tower! It seems to block the Tower of Terror, which is a bit of a bummer.

I just love Kevin- such a fun addition to the Park. Glad you had a great afternoon- your lunch looked delicious!

First priority – Slinky Dog Dash, where we took up a full train, plus one row on another car (Sarah was left out...). Jon (our guide) also pointed out fun details like the Standby Entrance time is actually Buster’s tag, so if you look behind it, Andy’s address is there!
How did I never notice that! Great theming!
oh and funny enough, I was actually the last person to enter the queue, but Jon stopped us and had us enter the standby park briefly in the caves to point out some of the cave drawings (including a life-size Banshee silhouette), before going back to the FP line, so I got switched to the front!
Nice!
While in line, I explained how much I prefer the left/drivers side of the car so always request it – I ask for the “lion side” from CMs, though its more because of the hippos, but don’t want to confuse them… Liesa agreed with me, but Kelly said she likes the right side because it gives a better view of the baobob tree!
So funny!
We had one multi-experience FP each (I won the late night lotto the day before – if you have a FP one evening and it converts to an “anytime” FP during the last hour of park operation (so either you had a FP for during the last hour only, or the ride broke down in the last hour) it will become an anytime good to be used that evening or at ANY park the following day, with some high-ticket ride exceptions). Caroline and I used that on TSM, which I had never been on at DHS.
I did not know that....what a great perk!
I then decided to check on the Otter Grotto (I had stopped by with Zach but no otters that day). Initially there were no otters, so I started to leave, but then heard a kid call out – There they are! They had just come out and were playing around. I realized they were probably going to go to the slide and no one was there, so I got a great spot and took some fun video!
We got to see the otters playing last week....they were so fun!

The aviary was full of birds building nests and the keepers had added plenty of materials for the birds to collect.
We really enjoyed watching the birds building last week.
And I thankfully was able to run into Kevin in Asia! She was hilarious, interrupting a family getting a photopass picture, and posing in front of them! I’m sure that family got some great photos!
Oh my gosh, Kevin is just too much! :)

Awww... poor guy.
I know - I actually felt bad for him!
I was wondering there, for a second. It sounded like you were going to ride standby and I couldn't understand why you wouldn't single rider.
Yeah, probably didn't word that properly!
Oh, no Lesley! Stay warm! Stay warmmmm!!!!!!
I'll try!
You look like you're having so much fun here. :)
I think the ride had actually stopped when we were at the very top (end of the backwards part). So I had been videoing for a bit (didn't turn out well enough to want to post) before we suddenly started moving again! I really was hoping for an evac from there though!
What a cute cupcake. How fun that you got to see Kevin!! I hope to run in to her when we are there, although she will probably terrify my granddaughter. Maybe from a distance it will be OK.
At least I think Kevin is pretty aware she can be scary. But I think the bright colors really help.
What a wonderful time on the animal trails! It's too bad you missed the baby gorilla, but your Photopass pictures are fun.

Yay, Kevin!!! I bet those Photopass pictures were GREAT - what an excellent photobomb!

Wow, the view from the top of Everest looks so different with the new Gran Destino Tower! It seems to block the Tower of Terror, which is a bit of a bummer.
Yeah - I didn't even notice it! I think Gran Destino is even taller than Riveria, though Riveria will be closer to fireworks.
Kevin is so cool!! Sounds like a fun time!
It was!
I just love Kevin- such a fun addition to the Park. Glad you had a great afternoon- your lunch looked delicious!
Yeah, it's crazy how something so simple like a character encounter really makes a difference!
We got to see the otters playing last week....they were so fun!
I know - I love them!

I had no idea a new gorilla was born. Too bad you couldn't see her but your other pics are great. The gorillas are always so fun to watch.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Flame Tree. Its one of our favorite quick service places but since they put in Nomads Lounge we don't get over there too much anymore. Need to change that.

I then decided to check on the Otter Grotto (I had stopped by with Zach but no otters that day). Initially there were no otters, so I started to leave, but then heard a kid call out – There they are! They had just come out and were playing around. I realized they were probably going to go to the slide and no one was there, so I got a great spot and took some fun video!

FEyPaTl.jpg
aJF0ZJc.jpg
GQCDGK3.jpg
ubouak3.jpg
h6gTUtU.jpg
FnKfhQM.jpg

They really are the cutest

So adorable!!

But then, the lions. OMG! All three were chilling close to the tram area – yay. Then one lady decided to get up and take a drink of water – cool! As we pull around to the other side, the other lady got up and decided to come and nuzzle her sister. And then they started play fighting! It was sooo cool to see them interact this way – normally you just see them sleep, if at all! We didn’t get to stay long, but it was totally worth the maintenance stop!

LmsNXOZ.jpg
f5QLgYS.jpg
HaLFPDF.jpg
wNrgMrb.jpg
d0WZRne.jpg
KJgp1WA.jpg

Wow!!! How awesome that they were so active when you got to see them!!!

As I passed by Tamu Tamu treats I saw a notice for a special Limited Edition cupcake. I didn’t plan on originally getting a cupcake, but I’m never there for the LE ones, so I stopped to get it! It was a pretty basic chocolate cupcake, with some pink pearls inside. Nothing too extraordinary, but still good.

6vlLcQr.jpg
frJ2otW.jpg
0saZ4y5.jpg

This is such a cute concept!

hcmfz2K.jpg
UgiWExn.jpg

She's too funny!! I'm so glad you got to see her!!!

It was great getting to meet you! We are APs at WDW and I always look for fellow Dis’ers and you were the first one I’ve ever met!:cool1:
(My husband may or may not think I’m crazy. lol):confused3

but they did have a couple nice photopass opportunities
Oh neat that they had some props and photographers back there! I don't know if I've seen that before

It was the first time someone recognized me from the Dis, so that was super fun!
You are officially internet famous. Soak it in. Live it up.

But I did get to see some water buffalo hanging in the under-bridge river.
Ah yes the water buffalo living up to their names.

as I had someplace fun to be – Stormalong Bay!

Coming up - Swimming and dining with friends!
Excited to read about this! We're hoping for a split stay at Beach Club in May specifically for Stormalong Bay.

I think the ride had actually stopped when we were at the very top (end of the backwards part). So I had been videoing for a bit (didn't turn out well enough to want to post) before we suddenly started moving again! I really was hoping for an evac from there though!
Only DISers want the ride to break down and be evac'd! :laughing:

Just got through your 1st round of VIP posts. So cool to have two tours with that many people, but I bet sometimes it was like herding cats! :laughing:

I like the idea of taking vans from park to park....OK, reading more in between getting some work done!

some other guides met us with water bottles and packaged snacks

Did you keep the same guides all day or keep switching as you changed parks?

Jon (our guide) also pointed out fun details like the Standby Entrance time is actually Buster’s tag

I love that part about VIP tours!

I got the Shrimp and Noodles

Now that is something that I might try there. Nothing else on their menu really floats my boat.

Can you find the cheetah?

::yes::

they gave us fun VIP tour pins!

Oh! Neat!

Su-Lynn: “now, we’re like regular people – what do we do now?”

:laughing:

It sounds like a lot of time was eaten up by going from park to park....it's so much easier at DL when you just walk across the esplanade!

I didn’t feel like dealing with the buses – still feeling too special for that – so instead I called a Minnie Van.

How much do those things run? I'll never get to use one, but just curious....

I had never been on at DHS.

Very fun queue!

It's very different than the queue at DCA!

Most of these desserts were different.

That's a lot of desserts!

I was too exhausted to really drink any of the alcohol options.

I would have been too exhausted to even make it out of my room! I don't know how you keep going day after day, especially after the first day that you had!

We were able to collect the balloons and other goodies and set up the room a bit, and once Andy and the girls headed up, I went and hid in the stairwell across from the room! It was fun to hear their surprised voices!

What a sweet surprise! I never would have made it, and probably collapsed in said bushes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!