"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

Ok, anyways, onto something a bit better. Since I have a Premier AP, which includes access to both Disneyland and Disneyworld, it also includes access to the WDW water parks, which I had yet to enjoy. With my new, extra day (remember, I was supposed to be on a flight all day so had already gotten FPs for the late afternoon/evening), I decided to check out Typhoon Lagoon. (I took a Lyft over from DHS – TL; the other alternative would have been to get to a resort and take the resort bus, but I knew that would take forever, so instead I much preferred paying for the 10 minute drive!)

krWyggd.jpg

The park really is gorgeous! Totally tropical and very fun! Also very uncrowded, much appreciated!

VMsJqr2.jpg
VnN5dzF.jpg
x6UuTrG.jpg
jggl1Qo.jpg
tB0m9Yl.jpg

I loved how the signs and buildings also really looked authentic to a stormy town.

X0pG21C.jpg
kW5RyLW.jpg
XNbiTg1.jpg

After grabbing a chair near the wave pool, I went ahead and hit up some of the slides (these photos are all pretty much afterwards, as I didn’t bring my phone/camera around with me), doing a loop around the park.

eJele0G.jpg
o3T7bTW.jpg

First stop – Miss Adventure Falls. A super fun raft ride. With some cool props and SEA references. However, you can’t do it as a solo rider, so thankfully there was a father/young adult daughter behind me who let me ride with them. (This one is the newest slide so can have a lineup, but I was lucky and could walk right on; I even had to wait until the next group of 2 could reach the front before I got a chance to ride.)

Qg1kbts.jpg
xGaGr41.jpg
4m2iTUh.jpg

Then onto Crush N Gusher, a water coaster. There are 3 slides, however 2 of them are only for doubles and one is for doubles or singles. It was pretty fun! I don’t know if there are different levels of intensity though, because I only had the chance to do the single slide. (This one had a little bit of a backup on the stairs, just because you have to wait for the people to go, but only a few minutes.)

JXZRhqt.jpg
9pYQQ0Y.jpg

Onto the Storm Slides, which are body slides. Whichever Imagineer designed this queue must have really hated people! Because rather than just being stairs or ramps up to the top of the slide, it was a series of bridges and stairs. So you’d go up 10 steps, across a landing, then down 5 steps, another landing, up 7 steps, across, down 3 steps, repeat all the way! Seriously – I was exhausted at the top! There are 3 different slides at the top – the CM said they are pretty much the same intensity, so I just took whichever had a shortest line (I think the center one)! I'm sure I would have liked to try another one but there was no way I was doing that climb again!

oLfilxI.jpg
uLA6ylH.jpg

I skipped Humunga Kowabunga, as it first looked like the queue involved the same twisting and steps, and also because I’m not the biggest fan of those drop type slides (though this was enclosed, so maybe I’d like it more?

aGVg1nl.jpg

On the other side of the "mountain", there are 3 raft slides: Gangplank Falls, Mayday Falls, and Keelhaul Falls. Gangplank is a family version and looked like it was pretty big rafts; I wasn’t sure if single riders would be allowed (plus I wouldn’t be able to carry the raft alone). I ended up riding Mayday, which is a bit more intense; it only uses single rafts. I considered doing Keelhaul as well, but was exhausted walking up the mountain over and over again!

Since I was near an entrance, I hopped into the Lazy River. It was pretty empty, so I ended up getting 2 things – a tube and a water chair. I was able to lean fully backward with my head in the water and use the chair to protect my head from hitting things! It was soooo relaxing and I just closed my eyes and floated around for a while – ending up doing 1.5 loops. It was great because they have fun music and everything!

74jWi30.jpg
7Um88ft.jpg
SabcKFr.jpg

I then was hungry, so grabbed a ½ dozen donuts with chocolate sauce! Yum!

yfjoWYQ.jpg
slkx7be.jpg

Nothing totally stood out to me at the Quick Service place, so I just grabbed a hot dog. Nothing amazing, but it filled me up!

imWwBNE.jpg
5hV21pp.jpg

After a bit of relaxation, I went on a walk about the park (which is where I took the majority of the previous photos). I never ended up going on the mountain trail though because I was too tired from climbing all those slides!

nZcwbwO.jpg
JU6hvD0.jpg
3kASLEk.jpg
103Oim0.jpg
OqRuiuH.jpg
Wc6ScN9.jpg
7KlZ7Ex.jpg
4RXlc9Y.jpg
YbupYG0.jpg
YJrgBxi.jpg

The whole place is sooo well themed!

lbW2Q5y.jpg
v9yVFYG.jpg
YcIyoZO.jpg
A0fMRmO.jpg

I also did a couple rounds in the wave pool! Very fun!

y3Jo7fa.jpg

Finally, I was ready to head out. I had dried out but was still damp (and had put on my shorts/shirt over my bathing suit – big mistake as the water totally seeped through my clothes and I had to change at the hotel!). On my way out I grabbed a TL pin and a couple pressed pennies for Sarah and Su-Queen (Sarah wanted a Stitch one that is only available at TL, Su-Queen wanted “something cute”).

I ended up taking the resort bus back to Yacht Club. I wish I had just taken another lyft though, as first, the bust waited for a while before leaving even though no one else boarded (it was me and another couple). The bus was also shared between all the Crescent Lake resorts. Once we finally got underway, we had to stop at Swan – no one on or off, Dolphin – that couple hopped off, and finally Yacht Club. Who knows if anyone even boarded at BC or Boardwalk!

In conclusion - I really liked Typhoon Lagoon! I would totally go back and I really want to try out Blizzard Beach (I don't know if that will happen in January or maybe March). Also, something sort of nice - before my trip I ended up buying a bikini for the first time ever. Obviously, I'm plus size and normally get stuff that hides my stomach, but this Minnie Mouse inspired bathing suit popped up and was too adorable. All my friends encouraged me, so I got it and ended up wearing it to TL. I've never gotten so many compliments before! From random women or little girls or CMs. It really made me feel so awesome!

Coming up - meeting my roomies and the Epicness begins!

So glad you enjoyed TL, I have never been to either water park!

I thought your Minnie swimsuit was really cute, very flattering on you!

The Lamest Park Anniversary Ever!

I was about to fight you - I read it as The Lamest Park having an Anniversary. Does that make sense? ahah but now I get what you were saying. And also everyone thinks DHS is a bit lame right now so I don't know why I got defensive hahaha

What a cute prop!

Turns out Mickey and Minnie were in that car and got out at the main stage, about 1/3 of the way through the parade.

That's really silly. Makes no sense.

How do I get one?

How cute is this?

Then onto Crush N Gusher, a water coaster. There are 3 slides, however 2 of them are only for doubles and one is for doubles or singles. It was pretty fun!

Until you almost fall off your raft and think you're going to die!

It was pretty empty, so I ended up getting 2 things – a tube and a water chair

I didn't even know there were water chairs there!

You look so cute after spending a day at a water park! I'd look like a drowned rat!

I also had a brief breakfast with my yummy Amorette’s pastries!
Okay this photo is so cute because it looks like the bee is buzzing around. I can picture it all in motion in my head.

Turns out Mickey and Minnie were in that car and got out at the main stage, about 1/3 of the way through the parade.
Wow so they started the parade in the car, got out of the car, then the car kept going without them? That's so weird and un-Disney!

Like a whole parade of marching Stormtroopers.
For real! They couldn't even bring out all the SW characters like they do for the little stage show? Such a lame parade, like you said!

Whichever Imagineer designed this queue must have really hated people
thumper laughing.gif
It definitely sounds exhausting!

and also because I’m not the biggest fan of those drop type slides
Oh man me either! I'm usually pretty fearless when it comes to stuff like that but I just hate the feeling of the freefall. And usually they end up putting your bathing suit in very uncomfortable positions..

Also, something sort of nice - before my trip I ended up buying a bikini for the first time ever. Obviously, I'm plus size and normally get stuff that hides my stomach, but this Minnie Mouse inspired bathing suit popped up and was too adorable. All my friends encouraged me, so I got it and ended up wearing it to TL. I've never gotten so many compliments before! From random women or little girls or CMs. It really made me feel so awesome!
So glad that you found a swimsuit that makes you feel confident! It sounds adorable and I'm glad you got the compliments you deserve!

After grabbing a chair near the wave pool, I went ahead and hit up some of the slides (these photos are all pretty much afterwards, as I didn’t bring my phone/camera around with me), doing a loop around the park.

eJele0G.jpg
I think that is the EXACT spot we were at last time we went to TL.

First stop – Miss Adventure Falls. A super fun raft ride. With some cool props and SEA references. However, you can’t do it as a solo rider, so thankfully there was a father/young adult daughter behind me who let me ride with them. (This one is the newest slide so can have a lineup, but I was lucky and could walk right on; I even had to wait until the next group of 2 could reach the front before I got a chance to ride.)
Glad you were able to ride with other folks.

Onto the Storm Slides, which are body slides. Whichever Imagineer designed this queue must have really hated people! Because rather than just being stairs or ramps up to the top of the slide, it was a series of bridges and stairs. So you’d go up 10 steps, across a landing, then down 5 steps, another landing, up 7 steps, across, down 3 steps, repeat all the way! Seriously – I was exhausted at the top! There are 3 different slides at the top – the CM said they are pretty much the same intensity, so I just took whichever had a shortest line (I think the center one)! I'm sure I would have liked to try another one but there was no way I was doing that climb again!
I remember that. I was pretty peeved...up, down, up again, down again...come on! Really???

Since I was near an entrance, I hopped into the Lazy River. It was pretty empty, so I ended up getting 2 things – a tube and a water chair. I was able to lean fully backward with my head in the water and use the chair to protect my head from hitting things! It was soooo relaxing and I just closed my eyes and floated around for a while – ending up doing 1.5 loops. It was great because they have fun music and everything!
I didn't remember water chairs. I think I did two tubes and did the same thing. Fortunately I had DD (or DS or both) with me and told 'em if I fall asleep, wake me up so I don't get sunburn. :lmao: I know the last time we went, it was DW, DD and I, but it may have been one of the times before that when DS was there too.

Nothing totally stood out to me at the Quick Service place, so I just grabbed a hot dog. Nothing amazing, but it filled me up!
Remember that too...not much there to choose from, so we ended up with hot dogs (or possibly brought something with us)

Hey watch out, there's a shark about to eat you!

Scuba diving sharks are much safer...no need to worry about getting bitten.

Cool Mickey ears picture!!!!
You look like you might be having just a tad bit of fun.

Finally, I was ready to head out. I had dried out but was still damp (and had put on my shorts/shirt over my bathing suit – big mistake as the water totally seeped through my clothes and I had to change at the hotel!). On my way out I grabbed a TL pin and a couple pressed pennies for Sarah and Su-Queen (Sarah wanted a Stitch one that is only available at TL, Su-Queen wanted “something cute”).
Yeah, not surprised...a lot of folks coming back from TL have SCS (Soaked Clothes Syndrome)

I ended up taking the resort bus back to Yacht Club. I wish I had just taken another lyft though, as first, the bust waited for a while before leaving even though no one else boarded (it was me and another couple). The bus was also shared between all the Crescent Lake resorts. Once we finally got underway, we had to stop at Swan – no one on or off, Dolphin – that couple hopped off, and finally Yacht Club. Who knows if anyone even boarded at BC or Boardwalk!
Oy! We were at SS or OKW each time we went, so didn't have to worry about multiple resorts. I do recall something I was quite upset about one time. We stayed late and the ONLY bus was to EPCOT and then we had to catch a bus from EPCOT back to the resort. Was not happy.

In conclusion - I really liked Typhoon Lagoon! I would totally go back and I really want to try out Blizzard Beach (I don't know if that will happen in January or maybe March). Also, something sort of nice - before my trip I ended up buying a bikini for the first time ever. Obviously, I'm plus size and normally get stuff that hides my stomach, but this Minnie Mouse inspired bathing suit popped up and was too adorable. All my friends encouraged me, so I got it and ended up wearing it to TL. I've never gotten so many compliments before! From random women or little girls or CMs. It really made me feel so awesome!
I haven't been to blizzard beach either. At least 2 of the times we went to TL, it was closed for refurb. Not sure the other time(s) why we never went there.

Glad you found something you like! You're plus size??? I hadn't noticed. ;) Seriously though, I think if you're on vacation, you should do what you want and if someone doesn't like what you're wearing, that's THEIR problem. Another area I think our media has screwed up...making girls think they must all look a certain way to be attractive. HOGWASH!!!

Oops, sorry...guess I'll step down off of my soap box now. I return you to your normally scheduled TR.

The Lamest Park Anniversary Ever!
As soon as I saw your title, I knew which park you were going to and when.
I also had a brief breakfast with my yummy Amorette’s pastries! They really were all delicious!
mmmmm… good brekkie.
arriving at 9:40am. I think when I arrived at DHS I got the room ready text!
Whoa! Early!
First, they had a red convertible drive down, however it was totally empty.
Lame
Everything interesting happened at that stage, which was 50% blocked off for TV cameras, 25% blocked out for VIPs, and the remainder was snatched up by people who got there at park open.
:sad2:
"Um... Disney? There are people here who payed to see this."
I was at first excited to see the SWGE unit, but it ended up just being about a dozen CMs in their outfits walking and waving.
Lame (again)
I have a Premier AP, which includes access to both Disneyland and Disneyworld,
Oh! Didn't know that existed. Nice.
However, you can’t do it as a solo rider, so thankfully there was a father/young adult daughter behind me who let me ride with them.
Nice of them. :)
Then onto Crush N Gusher, a water coaster. There are 3 slides, however 2 of them are only for doubles and one is for doubles or singles. It was pretty fun! I don’t know if there are different levels of intensity though, because I only had the chance to do the single slide.
I've heard it's a fun ride. :)
Onto the Storm Slides, which are body slides. Whichever Imagineer designed this queue must have really hated people! Because rather than just being stairs or ramps up to the top of the slide, it was a series of bridges and stairs. So you’d go up 10 steps, across a landing, then down 5 steps, another landing, up 7 steps, across, down 3 steps, repeat all the way! Seriously – I was exhausted at the top!
That's... awful.
mmmm…. want.
Finally, I was ready to head out. I had dried out but was still damp (and had put on my shorts/shirt over my bathing suit – big mistake as the water totally seeped through my clothes and I had to change at the hotel!)
"Mommy? That lady peed herself."

:rolleyes:
Su-Queen wanted “something cute”
:laughing: Of course she did. :)
Also, something sort of nice - before my trip I ended up buying a bikini for the first time ever. Obviously, I'm plus size and normally get stuff that hides my stomach, but this Minnie Mouse inspired bathing suit popped up and was too adorable. All my friends encouraged me, so I got it and ended up wearing it to TL. I've never gotten so many compliments before! From random women or little girls or CMs. It really made me feel so awesome!
Good for you!
Um... you made a typo there. You wrote "plus size" in stead of "right size".
Either way, I'm very happy that you did and happier still that you felt great! :goodvibes

I had hoped the merchandise lines had died down from the crazy rope-drop crowds, but unfortunately the line was 90 minutes long

That is nuts, people do crazy things for merchandise.

Unfortunately, it was pretty much the lamest celebration parade ever. First, they had a red convertible drive down, however it was totally empty. Turns out Mickey and Minnie were in that car and got out at the main stage, about 1/3 of the way through the parade. Everything interesting happened at that stage, which was 50% blocked off for TV cameras, 25% blocked out for VIPs, and the remainder was snatched up by people who got there at park open. So the vast majority of people there for the "parade" ended up missing almost all of the interesting parts, which was pretty lame.

How disappointing. I had read that lots of the special stuff that day also sold out really quickly - snacks and merch etc.

I decided to check out Typhoon Lagoon.

Love love love Typhoon Lagoon.

Awww, that's so nice! I too hesitate over bathing suit choices due to being self-conscious.

Morimoto Spare Rib
I don't eat spare ribs normally but had to try these since everyone raves about them and I LOVED them. I was surprised how much I enjoyed our whole meal! I think we're going back in Dec.

(Mickey Premium Bar Cake – Chocolate chiffon cake, ice cream mousse, vanilla Chantilly, milk chocolate ganache, dark and white chocolate crisp pearls, with a hard dark chocolate shell)
Ooh that looks good :goodvibes When they first opened Chris and I were down for a couple days without Steve and Ricky and we got a cake there but it wasn't a Mickey dome - it was smaller but still $16 lol and I think maybe for 2? It was very pretty, a white chocolate raspberry cake. It was good, but I find with fancy cakes like that they often look better than they taste. I don't always like how fondant tastes and often the fancy cakes have that. But I'd still try that Mickey Premium Bar Cake!

We've never been to a Disney water park! I don't like water parks. We have a pretty big one 10 minutes from us and I always hated taking the kids, very happy they can go by themselves now lol. I've asked them a few times if they want to try a Disney one but they don't which is fine by me. However the theming does look great and I think if I were to like any water park, it would be a Disney one.

Um and yeah that 30th parade sucked! They could have done some type of Old Hollywood theme too if they were celebrating 30 years of the park. Way back when they had a great parade there called Stars and Motorcars; while it had floats and characters that represented the attractions in the parks it also did have an Old Hollywood feel in a way. It was on the long side if I remember and had some "different" characters in it too; they even did a different version at Christmas. That's when it was MGM and my favorite park :sad1:

This morning I was hoping to get up early, as it was the 30th anniversary of Hollywood Studios

I'm glad you posted this with the date, I didn't realize that me and DHS share the same Birthday.!

I didn’t really trust Disney to quickly transfer my bags, so I kept all of my things I needed that day with me and lyfted over to YC with my carry-on roller and backpack

It usually takes them quite awhile to transfer bags. One bellman told us that 1PM is the resort wide bag transfer time, and sometimes it can take four hours to get to the next resort.

I did stop for Photopass

Cute PhotoPass pose!

I had hoped the merchandise lines had died down from the crazy rope-drop crowds, but unfortunately the line was 90 minutes long – um, nope!

Nope, nothing is worth that much time!

Unfortunately, it was pretty much the lamest celebration parade ever.

What a waste... :sad2:

And that was it. Yup. Pretty lame.

Since I have a Premier AP, which includes access to both Disneyland and Disneyworld, it also includes access to the WDW water parks, which I had yet to enjoy.

You're one of the few people I know with that same pass! And I have only been to a water park once, back in 1993.

it was a series of bridges and stairs. So you’d go up 10 steps, across a landing, then down 5 steps, another landing, up 7 steps, across, down 3 steps, repeat all the way! Seriously – I was exhausted at the top!

I think this is why i haven't been back. I just remember it was tough to get to the tops of the hills for a 30 second ride.

I've heard good things about these.

Also, something sort of nice - before my trip I ended up buying a bikini for the first time ever. Obviously, I'm plus size and normally get stuff that hides my stomach,

You are braver than me. I don't think I've worn a bikini since I was a little kid. I don't see myself doing it anytime in the future either! :laughing:

All my friends encouraged me, so I got it and ended up wearing it to TL. I've never gotten so many compliments before! From random women or little girls or CMs. It really made me feel so awesome!

That's so nice! I'm glad people were so nice and encouraging!

Ooh that looks good :goodvibes When they first opened Chris and I were down for a couple days without Steve and Ricky and we got a cake there but it wasn't a Mickey dome - it was smaller but still $16 lol and I think maybe for 2? It was very pretty, a white chocolate raspberry cake. It was good, but I find with fancy cakes like that they often look better than they taste. I don't always like how fondant tastes and often the fancy cakes have that. But I'd still try that Mickey Premium Bar Cake!
My wife makes some amazing cakes and often used fondant. True, fondant is not designed to taste good, but rather to look good. I did find one brand for her that actually tastes pretty good, but that's the exception rather than the norm.

Um and yeah that 30th parade sucked! They could have done some type of Old Hollywood theme too if they were celebrating 30 years of the park. Way back when they had a great parade there called Stars and Motorcars; while it had floats and characters that represented the attractions in the parks it also did have an Old Hollywood feel in a way. It was on the long side if I remember and had some "different" characters in it too; they even did a different version at Christmas. That's when it was MGM and my favorite park :sad1:
I'm sad, because the studios part has gone by the way side. I loved the stunt show. I miss the great movie ride. I understand more people want rides, but I think it should follow along with Prince...
The park formerly known as Hollywood Studios.
:sad:

It was really disappointing because they could have done so much more. Like a whole parade of marching Stormtroopers. Or other characters in classic Hollywood outfits. Bunches of rare characters. I mean, they definitely have those costumes and the people to wear them, it just seemed Disney didn’t even care. Definitely didn’t help my opinion of it, as it happens to be my least favorite park.
I just posted about this letdown parade! A waste of time!
DHS is my least favorite park with some of my favorite rides...so I always make FP for it but don't linger any longer since there's really nothing else to do!
I did stop for Photopass

zJBNFLH.jpg
I like that prop!!
I loved that lazy river!!!
Definitely enjoyed TL! It wasn't enough to buy the AP with the waterparks included again though since I averaged just one visit a year!
And the bikini was so adorable! I'm glad you felt comfortable in it, it looked great on you!

So glad you enjoyed TL, I have never been to either water park!

I thought your Minnie swimsuit was really cute, very flattering on you!
Thanks! Maybe one day you guys will end up there-especially if there's an AP night!
I was about to fight you - I read it as The Lamest Park having an Anniversary. Does that make sense? ahah but now I get what you were saying. And also everyone thinks DHS is a bit lame right now so I don't know why I got defensive hahaha
Yeah, I honestly don't know what they need to do to that park? Overall the atmosphere is just lacking - it needs a head to toe revamp figuring out what type of park it really wants to be!
Until you almost fall off your raft and think you're going to die!
Uh oh - are you speaking from experience?
I didn't even know there were water chairs there!
Yeah, some woman and her kids gave me theirs and said it was easier to steer!
You look so cute after spending a day at a water park! I'd look like a drowned rat!
Haha - short hair helps!
For real! They couldn't even bring out all the SW characters like they do for the little stage show? Such a lame parade, like you said!
Yeah, exactly! It's not like the park is too large for a walk along the parade route.
Oh man me either! I'm usually pretty fearless when it comes to stuff like that but I just hate the feeling of the freefall. And usually they end up putting your bathing suit in very uncomfortable positions..
I'm always scared I'm going to fly off the slide, even though I know that's not possible. With the TL ones maybe it would have been better since they were enclosed?
I think that is the EXACT spot we were at last time we went to TL.
Su-Lynn too! It must be the secret "Dis" spot!
Glad you were able to ride with other folks.
There were 2 women about my age in front of me and I really should have asked them to ride. They even saw when I was denied to ride alone and looked back, but their raft was already heading toward the lift hill.
I didn't remember water chairs. I think I did two tubes and did the same thing. Fortunately I had DD (or DS or both) with me and told 'em if I fall asleep, wake me up so I don't get sunburn. :lmao: I know the last time we went, it was DW, DD and I, but it may have been one of the times before that when DS was there too.
I liked the tree cover at TL - I didn't feel like I was worried about getting burnt while I was in the river.
Glad you found something you like! You're plus size??? I hadn't noticed. ;) Seriously though, I think if you're on vacation, you should do what you want and if someone doesn't like what you're wearing, that's THEIR problem. Another area I think our media has screwed up...making girls think they must all look a certain way to be attractive. HOGWASH!!!
Haha, thanks!
Whoa! Early!
Yeah - it was nice! If it had been a bit earlier I could have even just gone right to my room instead.
Oh! Didn't know that existed. Nice.
Yeah, it really helps if you are a Disneyland AP and plan a long enough trip to WDW, you come out ahead.
"Mommy? That lady peed herself."
At least the water spots were more on my shirt!
Good for you!
Um... you made a typo there. You wrote "plus size" in stead of "right size".
Either way, I'm very happy that you did and happier still that you felt great! :goodvibes
Thanks!
That is nuts, people do crazy things for merchandise.
I really don't get it! I mean, sure I like merch too, but I'm not waiting for 90 minutes for something! (though ask again in November, as I think the Duffy winter collection will come out during one of my Tokyo park days)
How disappointing. I had read that lots of the special stuff that day also sold out really quickly - snacks and merch etc.
At least most of the merch lasted but the snacks really sold quickly.
I usually pick off the fondant anyways! But it sure looks pretty!
It usually takes them quite awhile to transfer bags. One bellman told us that 1PM is the resort wide bag transfer time, and sometimes it can take four hours to get to the next resort.
I think this transfer happened rather quickly, as by the time I returned from TL, my bags were available!
You're one of the few people I know with that same pass! And I have only been to a water park once, back in 1993.
The pass makes sense for me with the Disneyland and WDW visits. This is my third year in a row with it. I'll probably take off next year - I don't have any specific WDW trips planned after March - instead doing an Alaska cruise and probably Aulani.
I think this is why i haven't been back. I just remember it was tough to get to the tops of the hills for a 30 second ride.
Yup. I feel like so many water slides are that way. At least Miss Adventure Falls is nice because you sit in the raft as it goes up the hill! I'd go back though for the Lazy River!
That's so nice! I'm glad people were so nice and encouraging!
Yeah, I think the best one was the little kid, since they are pretty honest with their opinions!
I'm sad, because the studios part has gone by the way side. I loved the stunt show. I miss the great movie ride. I understand more people want rides, but I think it should follow along with Prince...
The park formerly known as Hollywood Studios.
I never got to see the studios in it's good form. My first visit was after GMR closed and half of it was under construction. I don't even know if SWGE will bring it up in my rankings, as I have this one out here.
Sounds like a fun time at TL!!
It was a nice relaxing morning/afternoon!
DHS is my least favorite park with some of my favorite rides...so I always make FP for it but don't linger any longer since there's really nothing else to do!
Good way of putting it - I pretty much will do FPs, but I don't care for any of the shows or atmosphere.
I loved that lazy river!!!
I could see myself going back just to relax in the river a bit!
Definitely enjoyed TL! It wasn't enough to buy the AP with the waterparks included again though since I averaged just one visit a year!
And the bikini was so adorable! I'm glad you felt comfortable in it, it looked great on you!
Yeah, I probably wouldn't bother to go if it wasn't included in my pass.

Day 5, Part 2 - When strangers become roommates!

After the bus delay from Typhoon Lagoon, I had arrived at my home for the next 4 nights!

lPnLuLp.jpg
dgeFx3n.jpg
s2AW4cB.jpg
6NKzrWe.jpg
C7UQH9U.jpg

We had received a 2nd floor room, which was nice because we could take the stairs rather than elevator. The location was just ok. It was close to the boat dock, but on the far edge from Epcot (which meant we had a 7 minute walk instead of a 5 minute walk…) The room ended up being accessible, which wasn’t totally ideal, as we had a door that would stay open for 30 seconds whether we were entering or exiting, so we always had to wait for it to close. And we only had 1 bathroom area, with shower, sink, and toilet in the same room (also only 1 sink, not double sinks). Not the best for 3 women, but we made it work. We also needed a room with 2 beds and a couch fold out bed, so were limited in our choice! We also had a nice view of the quiet pool, though I don’t think any of us ever went in it!

A map of the resort: Red arrow is our YC room. Pink is our eventual BC room (pretty far from each other). I also had requested to be near my friend Ariella’s room, and they got the one with the yellow arrow. Yeah – pretty much opposite side of the resort! Though our most important request was the 3 beds, so that was met.

AoveMTf.png

Room photos:

JHpMaFL.jpg
RjLvGRu.jpg
RlGMefP.jpg
OdPC4xH.jpg
dz6Qjn9.jpg
B2lhhRn.jpg

f8ouGvF.jpg

Molly had already arrived and dropped off her carry-ons, but she had headed to Magic Kingdom. I knew Caroline had landed but was waiting at DME. I had planned on getting cleaned up and changed, but also had my big bags delivered, so as I was unpacking (while still in my bathing suit…) I heard a little knock and finally got to meet Caroline (Dismeet #6)! We gave each other a big hug and got to chat a bit. Then she went out to find the shop and get her bearings a bit while I was able to take a shower!

And finally, around 4:30, we were on our way to Magic Kingdom, arriving relatively quickly!

HUHFlhP.jpg

Oh, and I’d like to introduce you to Little Steve. I had hoped to bring him out more, but ended up forgetting! He has a magnet in "America's A**", so he can latch onto your shoulder with a metal plate under a shirt - basically I used the same idea as the Shoulder Groot's at DCA.

v0to7i2.jpg

I’ve alluded to it, but we had an ongoing joke with Captain America in our facebook group. Both Su-Lynn and Ariane’s husbands are named “Steve”, so at the start of the trip planning it was supposed to just be girls, so “No Steves Allowed”. But we would make exceptions for Steve Rogers, because, well, it’s pretty obvious! So anyways, that’s the reason for the Captain America selfie at Universal, the magic band, and this little guy!

Ok, anyways, onto Magic Kingdom! Funny enough, I had been in Orlando for 5 days and this was the first time I entered Magic Kingdom! That actually beats my December trip (7 days) and February trip (11 days)!

2OhlLGm.jpg

But we quickly made our way up Main Street because our 3rd roomie was hanging out at Casey’s Corner! And we finally got to meet up with Molly! (Dismeet #7). We all got to chatting, but were also hungry, so I finally got my first taste of the corn dog nuggets (thankfully before they switched them to a different meat which just looks weird). They were fine. I prefer the hand-dipped corn dogs at Disneyland though!

q41qqiG.jpg

While we were hanging there eating a big rain fall came through and sprayed everyone (we were mostly safe under our umbrella). We also got bombarded with ducks, including one who grabbed a fry from our table mid-flight!

29ijaIe.jpg

Once the rain lightened up, we decided to head to our first fastpass (which Caroline and I both had) – we did have to duck under cover again when another rainspray hit us in Adventureland (we felt sorry for the people stuck on Magic Carpets that day as they couldn’t hide from it!

Anyways, onto Splash Mountain! I’ve only gotten to ride this one time, but it still is in my top 10 WDW rides! Even though Molly didn’t have a FP, the CMs let her through with us because I asked nicely (honestly we did this all the time during the trip, and as long as you aren’t pushy or act entitled or trying to get 10 people on with 2 people’s FPs, then it works out fine. Even for Slinky Dog Dash, they let a couple extra people on, and I think Caroline got Molly onto her FoP FP too)

jHaV9NO.jpg
bopIzcx.jpg
LEqHtHt.jpg
zUPfM9W.jpg

A fun ride, and at the end of the drop we were all confused because we continued to be sprayed with water – is that a new feature? Nope – just another rain spray which was timed hilariously!

TQCpzGr.jpg

We had time before our next FP opened, so we rode Pirates standby (maybe a 10 minute wait)

BJjj08T.jpg
Ji94duR.jpg

And also admired some merch afterwards

q2UvHUC.jpg
xqJF7va.jpg

Then up to Fantasyland, where we used our FPs (all three of us had this one) for a Flight with Peter Pan!

L0x9haQ.jpg
GljHLxO.jpg

The ride did stop as we were above London, so I tried to take more photos, but my phone isn’t the best in the dark. I really hoped we’d be evacuated at that point, but no luck!

A1IiHOi.jpg
MKZBMVo.jpg

On our way out, a lovely placed rainbow!

ORxdds6.jpg

Over to the Storybook Circus, where we took a ride on Dumbo (again standby)

j7jdaeY.jpg
s7QvwRK.jpg
afHCnzQ.jpg
MPrkoDq.jpg
dBkXgLe.jpg
a0KSH11.jpg

giphy.gif

And since we were there, why not Under the Sea? I think it posted a 20 minute wait, but it was more like 5 minutes, and this was the first time I got to see the standby queue. Though Skuttle was missing and we walked too fast to see the crabs.

Gz9zy6K.jpg
Ud9reaZ.jpg
lAtzwGT.jpg
7tati8M.jpg
3yqC6E7.jpg

One of my favorite photos from the trip:

zCnFLqg.jpg

Time for our final FP+ at 7DMT.

AlOuqTk.jpg
VYOkJy3.jpg
Cf3wo64.jpg

The line for Winnie the Pooh was also short, so we went ahead and hopped over there!

QYZMWax.jpg

I finally remembered to take a photo of Owl and Mr Toad!

osYLzj2.jpg

Then over to the Hub, where we checked into the Happily Ever After dessert party with Plaza Garden viewing (w/after fireworks desserts). We got to meet up with a bunch of others: Su-Lynn, Su-Queen, Steve, and some new people: Ariana, Billie, and Sarah (Dismeets #8, 9, 10)

WGCnugc.jpg

During the fireworks we also got to witness a proposal and help hide the photopass photographer who was camped out in the plaza garden!

Little Steve liked the fireworks!

Lmd6e36.jpg

I got some video of the Mulan section, which is so well done

AEY0sNA.jpg

I love this show sooo much! The music really gets me!

NLQI1Rl.jpg

Anyways, afterwards we headed up to Tomorrowland Terrace, where we proceeded to confuse the hell out of the CMs, as we had 10 people, but most everyone had paid separately. But it was so empty, it was no problem seating us all together. Desserts were lovely, as always. They keep switching up the offerings and even had changed them from the version Mom and I did in February! Unfortunately Caroline wasn’t able to enjoy it as the travel+heat+dehydration got to her, so she had to leave early.

I also was a bad TRer at this time because I forgot to take photos of the whole spread, but I was busy enjoying the company!

ju44zoJ.jpg
bICyoQE.jpg
dZpVsXk.jpg
vLYkj02.jpg

Of course, as my plates progressed, I loaded up on the cheeses… yeah, I am a sucker for that! And at the end, the CMs told us all to grab some of the coffee cups and fill up with whatever we wanted to go! Um, yes please… so I filled up with cheese and crackers (this comes into play later).

It was evening EMH now and we had hoped to take a loop on the Peoplemover, but unfortunately it wasn’t running despite having a wait time on MDE.

NqSN3Sx.jpg

Since we were there, we hopped onto Buzz. Su-Lynn really kicked my a**! Literally over 10x my score.

tftkbsX.jpg
9Xq9cmK.jpg
nS2W6W4.jpg

After that some people went to more rides, but Molly, Ariana, Su-Lynn and I decided to head out.

ydeKpTw.jpg

First, a photopass stop, where we got some great shots with a fun photographer!

hbX6Oyu.jpg
bsKQBli.jpg
S6xZxcL.jpg
verDW4N.jpg
a0asbJz.jpg

And as we left I bent down a bit and some of my cheese cubes started spilling out onto the road (the cup was in my water bottle holder on my backpack)! The other ladies were laughing as I was trying to stop loosing all my precious swiss cheese! I did save most of it (but threw away anything that hit the ground)!

Anyways, back to the resort, where I had a lovely surprise and some of the ladies had a gorgeous bouquet sent to the room! We all got to enjoy it for the week (they even transferred it from YC to BC). Thanks gals!

4zQyArT.jpg
Wdh4Dfx.jpg

Caroline also gave us some Minnesota goodies, and Molly gave each of us matching Alex & Annie bracelets, so I wore that most of the trip! I felt bad I didn’t even think of bringing gifts!

But anyways, unpacking and bed, because we were up to something special the next day!

I just posted about this letdown parade! A waste of time!
Well said!
You just summed up my feelings about HS. Even though I like Star Wars, I haven't enjoyed the new movies nearly as much as the original, so the storm trooper march with chrome dome doesn't do much for me. Nor do the M&Gs with Kylo or BB-8. Now, Chewie, that's a different story altogether.

I had hoped the merchandise lines had died down from the crazy rope-drop crowds, but unfortunately the line was 90 minutes long – um, nope! Especially since I didn’t really care about the merch and instead was going to get something for my friend. Luckily, Zach was at DHS too, so later that day he was able to get the items I was planning on (minus the AP magic band for Dina, which sold out that morning).
Such long line ups...people are hardcore about the merch!
And that was it. Yup. Pretty lame.
Totally!
Ok, anyways, onto something a bit better. Since I have a Premier AP, which includes access to both Disneyland and Disneyworld, it also includes access to the WDW water parks, which I had yet to enjoy. With my new, extra day (remember, I was supposed to be on a flight all day so had already gotten FPs for the late afternoon/evening), I decided to check out Typhoon Lagoon. (I took a Lyft over from DHS – TL; the other alternative would have been to get to a resort and take the resort bus, but I knew that would take forever, so instead I much preferred paying for the 10 minute drive!)
Lyft is the best!
On the other side of the "mountain", there are 3 raft slides: Gangplank Falls, Mayday Falls, and Keelhaul Falls. Gangplank is a family version and looked like it was pretty big rafts; I wasn’t sure if single riders would be allowed (plus I wouldn’t be able to carry the raft alone). I ended up riding Mayday, which is a bit more intense; it only uses single rafts. I considered doing Keelhaul as well, but was exhausted walking up the mountain over and over again!
That's a workout!!!
Oh my gosh, I love the lazy river. Can't wait to go on Friday!
I also did a couple rounds in the wave pool! Very fun!
It is great too!
I love that you are rocking it! I bet you looked amazing!
A map of the resort: Red arrow is our YC room. Pink is our eventual BC room (pretty far from each other). I also had requested to be near my friend Ariella’s room, and they got the one with the yellow arrow. Yeah – pretty much opposite side of the resort! Though our most important request was the 3 beds, so that was met.
What is with no door on the closet?? That would upset me so much. Otherwise, the room looks great.
I’ve alluded to it, but we had an ongoing joke with Captain America in our facebook group. Both Su-Lynn and Ariane’s husbands are named “Steve”, so at the start of the trip planning it was supposed to just be girls, so “No Steves Allowed”. But we would make exceptions for Steve Rogers, because, well, it’s pretty obvious! So anyways, that’s the reason for the Captain America selfie at Universal, the magic band, and this little guy!
Haha!
Over to the Storybook Circus, where we took a ride on Dumbo (again standby)
Fun, definitely doing Dumbo at night on Wednesday!
One of my favorite photos from the trip:
Love it!
I love this show sooo much! The music really gets me!
Same.....love listening to it as I fall asleep at night too. :goodvibes
Anyways, back to the resort, where I had a lovely surprise and some of the ladies had a gorgeous bouquet sent to the room! We all got to enjoy it for the week (they even transferred it from YC to BC). Thanks gals!
Beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!