"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-Updated 8/14-HDDR and Payback is a B

pkondz

. . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky
At first glance it looked like the trees were on fire.
but honestly the love bugs really got to me!
Ugh. They were awful!
And my first time at Hoop Dee Doo Revue!
Yay! I'm hoping to do that soon. :)
While everything looks good... to me, that salad looks soooooo good.
Of course Molly looks cute even with a bucket of ribs!
Yes she does. :)
Su-Queen was a bit surprised though…
:laughing:
We made sure to ask the waitress for mac and cheese and she said, oh, sorry – we don’t have that anymore… these were our faces.
:lmao: Oh, no!!!
The result at the end
Pretty good dent in the food!
Cutie salt and pepper shakers
What the?!?!?!? That's the same salt shaker I have over my stove!
(Jackie – I didn’t include the video because all I caught was Sixpence calling out your age, so didn’t think that would be very polite to post)!
:rolleyes1
But, we did end up with this gem and payback when Su-Queen fell asleep on the bus!
:rotfl:

MeghanEmily

DIS Veteran
It ended up being on the opposite side of the resort from Stormalong Bay, but it also was super close to Epcot (the pink arrow on the right side of the photo below).
Great location for EPCOT! Too bad it was so far from the pool. But I think if I had to be close to one or the other, EPCOT would probably be my choice.

I hung out in the lazy river/pool/hot tub for a bit and was hoping to soak in some sun, but honestly the love bugs really got to me! They just buzz around and land on you and around you and ugh! So eventually I retreated back to the room.
Ew. This would be my worst nightmare. Those love bugs really are disgusting. I don't blame you for heading inside!

Su-Queen was a bit surprised though…
:rotfl: Her expression is hilarious.

Just kidding! Oh we all just laughed like crazy and we knew our waitress totally fit in with our group!
Oh my gosh! :rotfl:

I love your ears!!

That ended up not being the smartest idea, as the cheerleading competition had rented out Magic Kingdom that night so there was an INSANE amount of traffic coming and going!
Uggh. That's too bad. Those competitions can make such a huge difference, especially when it's something like that where a park is rented out.

But, we did end up with this gem and payback when Su-Queen fell asleep on the bus!

Haha payback! 8-)

SimplyGoofy

"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"
I really love the look of the rooms at the Beach Club! I'd love to stay there one day.

I was surprised with how much I enjoyed the HDDR - it looks like your group had a great time, too! (Then again, with that group, it would be hard to NOT have a great time!)

:rotfl2: That picture of Su-Queen is HYSTERICAL!

• dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
    I had to split the reservation into two tables of 6, and thankfully we were seated so close it basically was one big table.
    That's awesome when they can do that!

The Menu and food
    A bucket of fried chicken. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Of course Molly looks cute even with a bucket of ribs!
    Wow a brave soul to wear white while eating ribs. She is dashing AND daring.

We made sure to ask the waitress for mac and cheese and she said, oh, sorry – we don’t have that anymore… these were our faces.
    Nooooooo

Just kidding! Oh we all just laughed like crazy and we knew our waitress totally fit in with our group!
    Oh wow okay you definitely got me there 😅 I thought for sure you were about to go without mac and cheese.

Su-Lynn and I also realized (thanks Facebook memories) this was the 1-year anniversary of our first dismeet in Disneyland! I realized while we won't be together on our actual anniversary next year, we may meet up a couple weeks later briefly when she leaves the Disney Wonder and I hop on! Anyone know what you give as a gift for a 2-year anniversary? :P
    So cute!

None of us were taken on stage, but there was a big group who were in training as cruise ship performers (going to join the Magic a few days later) and one of them was called up, so he was just hilarious!
    Oh I bet that was awesome!!

it was Sunday night and that meant Game of Thrones! I had gotten my Chromecast to work so we watched on the big screen (Molly fell asleep quickly) and lots of “no – don’t kill her…” ensued.
    Which episode was it???

• Lesley Wake

Bright Suns
    I am officially nominating this for best chapter title of 2019, maybe of all time!

I want to check out HDDR so bad, i keep putting it off..... however this made it sound like i should really fit it in soon! So happy it was a good time!
    Haha! HDDR was so much fun! I'd highly recommend it!
    You did get Su-Queen back, haha!

Sorry the couch bed was rough, I have read how people do get egg crate toppers for the sofa beds and I wonder why you didn’t!
    Yeah, I don't know what was up with the couch! But at least it was only 2 nights!
    This room looks so nice!

LOVE all the photos from HDDR!!! Sounds like you guys had another amazing and fun meal together!!!!
    It was nice. And the meal was amazing! Just so much fun!

Lesley Wake

Bright Suns
    Ugh. They were awful!
    I know - didn't respect people's boundaries at all!
    Yay! I'm hoping to do that soon. :)
    So much fun!
    While everything looks good... to me, that salad looks soooooo good.
    I'm not a big salad fan, but I did like this! I think overloading on cheese always helps!
    Great location for EPCOT! Too bad it was so far from the pool. But I think if I had to be close to one or the other, EPCOT would probably be my choice.
    Yeah - it was funny trying to get there though because we just kept going further and further down the hallways!
    Ew. This would be my worst nightmare. Those love bugs really are disgusting. I don't blame you for heading inside!
    Yeah, they were just sooo gross!
    I love your ears!!
    Thanks - they are from Disneyland Paris, though I had to eBay them because it was a special event a couple days before I arrived, so they had sold out. But I do really like the colors!
    Uggh. That's too bad. Those competitions can make such a huge difference, especially when it's something like that where a park is rented out.
    It definitely was crazy! We were shocked by all the people arriving until we realized it was the cheerleaders!
    I really love the look of the rooms at the Beach Club! I'd love to stay there one day.

I was surprised with how much I enjoyed the HDDR - it looks like your group had a great time, too! (Then again, with that group, it would be hard to NOT have a great time!)

:rotfl2: That picture of Su-Queen is HYSTERICAL!
    It really was a great night!
    I can't wait to do HDDR! I haven't done it since I was 7 so its time I get back there!
    Definitely! I think at Christmas they do special songs and decorations too!
    That's awesome when they can do that!
    I know! I figured we would be sitting somewhat near each other, but we were basically one table!
    A bucket of fried chicken. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.
    Mmm, mmm!
    Oh wow okay you definitely got me there 😅 I thought for sure you were about to go without mac and cheese.
    So did we for a few seconds! (I had to make the girls re-enact their faces to get the photo because it was so hilarious)
    Oh I bet that was awesome!!
    It was! The guy who was brought up was just hamming it up! Like throwing his body to the ground and everything! The HDDR cast was laughing too!
    Which episode was it???
    Episode 4 - RIP Missandei and Rhagel
    Your room looks so nice!

Looks like such a fun time at HDDR!
    Yeah it was awesome!
    Looks like you guys had a great time at HDDR! And isn't it great when you can get even stevens on someone...
    Yup! Su-Lynn had to motion to me because I didn't even realize she was asleep!

Steppesister

DIS Veteran
    After brunch, my roomies and I hopped in a Lyft back to Beach Club. On the way there the skies opened up and an insane rainstorm blew through. Very thankful we weren't caught up in that (though I think some of the EPIC gals weren't so luck).
    It was insane!! We watched it from our GF window. Yikes! $ht was blowing all over!

I think in the end, all three of us agreed that we liked the Yacht Club lobby better, but the Beach Club rooms better. Maybe if we didn’t have an accessible room we would have liked YC rooms more though?
    Very interesting observation. I haven't been in either of the rooms but interesting to throw the lobby into the mix.

Yes, it was JUST like that! Blech!

Adorbs!

:lmao:
    Another happy birthday song for Jackie! Woot!

OMG, OMG, OMG, you're all doing the ChunkyDump!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News