"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

After the tour, I was feeling the heat and humidity and ended up grabbing a Mickey bar before heading back to YC. I didn’t feel like dealing with the buses – still feeling too special for that – so instead I called a Minnie Van. Love the cones even have dots!
I couldn't quite comprehend why I needed to park hop the regular way after our private vans! :sad:
xlPkSPf.jpg
I totally need a popsicle wall picture!
We had one multi-experience FP each (I won the late night lotto the day before – if you have a FP one evening and it converts to an “anytime” FP during the last hour of park operation (so either you had a FP for during the last hour only, or the ride broke down in the last hour) it will become an anytime good to be used that evening or at ANY park the following day, with some high-ticket ride exceptions). Caroline and I used that on TSM, which I had never been on at DHS.
Thanks for the info! Going to start doing this now, LOL.
Most of these desserts were different. I liked the space junk bread pudding the best (sometimes it has Walnuts, but those were big enough I could pick around them). I also went back for multiple rounds of proscuitto and mozzarella balls (gotta get my cheese quota in this evening)! The Dark Chocolate Mousse domes were also nice. I was too exhausted to really drink any of the alcohol options.
The space junk pudding is great! That is also my favorite thing. I think they changed up some stuff since the last time I went.
We got Darth Vader Steins, which I already have, so I gave mine to Jackie for her son. As we left the Launch Bay, I pointed out the Vader stein to a stormtrooper and asked where I can throw it away. The guy just goes "NOPE"... It was pretty amusing!
I remember when you got your first one! :)
We got to see the new projection show, which was just fine to me. I didn’t love it – I prefer Movie Magic.
Oh interesting! I really liked Movie Magic! I guess I didn't miss much by not seeing the new show?

I called a Minnie Van. Love the cones even have dots!
Never noticed!
At this point, I pretty much just chilled for a while! Well, after I blew up a bunch of balloons for a reason that will become revealed shortly!
I saw why of course. Very nice of you. :)
if you have a FP one evening and it converts to an “anytime” FP during the last hour of park operation (so either you had a FP for during the last hour only, or the ride broke down in the last hour) it will become an anytime good to be used that evening or at ANY park the following day, with some high-ticket ride exceptions).
Ah. You've mentioned this before, but I wasn't quite sure how it worked.
At one point in the evening I was talking with the ladies and they all just stopped and stared a little bit above my head. I turned around and a Trooper was just right up next to my head! He didn't appreciate my "long live the resistance" chant!
:lmao: I would've loved to have seen that!
As we left the Launch Bay, I pointed out the Vader stein to a stormtrooper and asked where I can throw it away. The guy just goes "NOPE"... It was pretty amusing!
:laughing:
(I think I prefer projection shows which have a story, however small that is, like Once Upon a Time or Tree of Life Awakenings,
Love Awakenings. It's just.... so cool! It's on a tree!
Involved a couple times of hiding behind bushes
:laughing: I can just see that.
We were able to collect the balloons and other goodies and set up the room a bit, and once Andy and the girls headed up, I went and hid in the stairwell across from the room! It was fun to hear their surprised voices!
:goodvibes So glad that worked out. Very nice surprise. :)

Everything interesting happened at that stage, which was 50% blocked off for TV cameras, 25% blocked out for VIPs, and the remainder was snatched up by people who got there at park open. So the vast majority of people there for the "parade" ended up missing almost all of the interesting parts, which was pretty lame.

That's dumb. At least you didn't wait a super long time for it but it would be so annoying if you did!

In conclusion - I really liked Typhoon Lagoon! I would totally go back and I really want to try out Blizzard Beach

I haven't been to the Disney water parks since 2013 but I'd like to go again. Typhoon Lagoon was our favorite of the two.

o I finally got my first taste of the corn dog nuggets (thankfully before they switched them to a different meat which just looks weird)

Ugh this makes me so sad!

he CMs let her through with us because I asked nicely

Amazing what a little niceness can do!

where we proceeded to confuse the hell out of the CMs, as we had 10 people, but most everyone had paid separately.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

And at the end, the CMs told us all to grab some of the coffee cups and fill up with whatever we wanted to go!

Oo that's awesome!

And as we left I bent down a bit and some of my cheese cubes started spilling out onto the road

:rotfl::rotfl: I could see myself doing this!

Anyways, back to the resort, where I had a lovely surprise and some of the ladies had a gorgeous bouquet sent to the room!

How sweet!

This was Jenny’s first time on the ride and as the bird flies up to the screen, we just hear a loud “Jesus Christ!”

:rotfl::rotfl:

VIP tours get special vans that drive around backstage, so we can avoid security and other waitups! They picked us up right behind The Land. As we drove backstage we weren’t allowed to take photos, but it was sooo cool to see all the food and wine booths and everything else backstage! Also a much closer look at Ratatouille construction.

That's really cool!

on (our guide) also pointed out fun details like the Standby Entrance time is actually Buster’s tag, so if you look behind it, Andy’s address is there!

Oo wow - I have to try to remember to look for this!

But they became available to book while I was on the ride! Literally, as I’m on the Banshee, I’m holding my phone tight to my chest and clicking “refresh-refresh-refresh”.

AH how stressful.

(I won the late night lotto the day before – if you have a FP one evening and it converts to an “anytime” FP during the last hour of park operation (so either you had a FP for during the last hour only, or the ride broke down in the last hour)

Oo I never realized this. Filing that away in my brain.

I had some surprises for Morgan – it was her birthday weekend.

How sweet!

The HS dessert party looked great - I love all your photos! I love that they have snacks along with desserts. It looks like you had a great time with the other DISers!

Do you have any tips on ordering a Minnie Van? I know you order them through Lyft, but I read on another report that it was nearly impossible to get a Minnie Van instead of a regular Lyft as they were snatched up nearly immediately (or didn't appear available at all). As the van with the car seat may prove useful, I'd love any advice you may have!

How nice of you to decorate for the birthday! The decorations are great!

Everything looks so good here! The space junk bread pudding looks to die for!

This is SO sweet!!!
It was yummy! I think my favorite food at the dessert parties!
What a fun night at DHS! I've always wanted to stay for that show, and never have! The Dessert party looked yummy!

Ah, what a fun surprise for your friend's daughter! <3
The show doesn't get the best reviews, but I think it's pretty fun!
I really enjoyed this dessert party! I loved the bread pudding, hummus, and prosciutto yum!

Thanks for the info on FP at the end of night, never realized that!
It was a fun dessert party!
The girls still talk about how nice that was and that you brought that stuff all the way from California.
Of course! It's fun to try and surprise Disney kids!
Andy said he never saw you, so you were an excellent bush hidder! :)
Haha - I guess it helped it was nighttime! Like I was literally a few feet away from them!
The Galaxy book is sitting in our living room now! We took most of the decorations home with us, even a few balloons were successfully deflated to bring home even! Needless to say it was much appriciated by Morgan!
That's awesome! It did seem like fun decorations (amazon for the win)!
What an awesome view of the fireworks, looks love a fun desert party. The birthday decorations were so cute, that BB8 lantern is adorable!
I liked the lanterns a lot!
As an avid Disneygrammer I'm ashamed that I have yet to see any of those walls in person. They're so cute!
Toy Story Land really seems to have great Disney walls! Can't wait to see how you like the newer DL walls!
PRAISE! I went last May and it was still standing at tables, and that was my only complaint. I bet it was amazing to actually sit!
Oh I know! Lauren and I did it and I gave up on standing so actually sat on the floor! The tables were very nice!
Those are so cute! I have yet to ride in a Minnie van, I have a hard time justifying the cost when there is free transportation available and would rather save my money for other stuff.
I know! I don't really hesitate to get Uber/Lyft. Minnie Van is just special - and I was so tired by that point I didn't want to deal with standing on a bus or getting to Contemporary to catch a normal car! Basically, I figure the hired cars can save me an hour, which gives me more park time!
I didn't have any luck on our May trip but I will definitely be trying this again each night in October!
Yeah, definitely when you see storms coming in I try to grab outdoor rides!
The Stormtroopers sure did focus on us a lot that night. It seemed like a ton more interaction than when I did the party in August. Of course, there were a lot less people at the party in May than in August. August's party was a bit oversold and very crowded.
It didn't seem that crowded, which I appreciated!
I love that spot too, I don't think there is a better area in HS. If we were further back to see the far fireworks then you wouldn't be able to clearly see all of the projects.
Yup! Agree!
Sounds like a fun time at the dessert party!

Aww what a sweet surprise for Morgan!
It was a fun night. Fairly chill, but some exciting spots!

I couldn't quite comprehend why I needed to park hop the regular way after our private vans! :sad:
Haha - you've been spoiled for life!
Thanks for the info! Going to start doing this now, LOL.
Yeah, best thing is if you see a lightning storm coming in, grab some for outdoor rides! Also on the MDE app you can easily see which rides are done by looking at a list of attractions and scrolling to the bottom. Once one FP converts, immediately grab another and continue doing that (especially helpful if parks have different closing times). You can build up a bunch if you are willing to look often enough!
I remember when you got your first one! :)
Right - it was on our first date! :darth:
Oh interesting! I really liked Movie Magic! I guess I didn't miss much by not seeing the new show?
I mean, that was just my opinion. I think Ariana really liked it, so you probably can try to find time to see it.
:goodvibes So glad that worked out. Very nice surprise. :)
Yeah, it was nice!
That's dumb. At least you didn't wait a super long time for it but it would be so annoying if you did!
I don't even think the stage show was that worth it from watching the blogger videos.
Ugh this makes me so sad!
I think they switched them back at least!
That's really cool!
We were all geeking out while backstage!
Oo wow - I have to try to remember to look for this!
Yeah, I don't think many people stop and turn around to look behind them!
Oh how sweet of you to help with Morgans birthday surprise. I'm sure Jimmy loved his Vader Stein.
I was happy to give stuff to some fun kids!
The HS dessert party looked great - I love all your photos! I love that they have snacks along with desserts. It looks like you had a great time with the other DISers!

Do you have any tips on ordering a Minnie Van? I know you order them through Lyft, but I read on another report that it was nearly impossible to get a Minnie Van instead of a regular Lyft as they were snatched up nearly immediately (or didn't appear available at all). As the van with the car seat may prove useful, I'd love any advice you may have!

How nice of you to decorate for the birthday! The decorations are great!
I don't think I really had issues ordering Minnie Vans. We used 3 of them during the trip, but weren't trying to get them right at park open or close. I think there could be more of a wait for a MV vs regular lyft, but besides that, no problems!

Day 7 – Friday, May 3

Part 1 – I could stare at Otters all day!

Today I woke up on the later side. While Caroline and Molly headed out together (I think to Epcot?) I was headed to Animal Kingdom (it’s my favorite park and I can never spend enough time there). For breakfast, I decided just to grab a pastry at the Market – a cinnamon bun. It was ok, not amazing. But it gave me sustenance!

KQwTIii.jpg

Oh and the white board question of the day. I think I voted for Judy Hopps – gotta love a strong lady character!

ufgmRqJ.jpg

Another day using Disney transport and it took nearly 40 minutes to finally arrive at AK. Definitely not a fan and Uber has spoiled me; I don’t know how often I will take buses in the future!

f2bVeKS.jpg

I arrived and Winged Encounters was going on – it’s always great to see those birds!

dvUb5qP.jpg
czMexSA.jpg
iANRqhh.jpg
kab3siS.jpg

I then decided to check on the Otter Grotto (I had stopped by with Zach but no otters that day). Initially there were no otters, so I started to leave, but then heard a kid call out – There they are! They had just come out and were playing around. I realized they were probably going to go to the slide and no one was there, so I got a great spot and took some fun video!

FEyPaTl.jpg
aJF0ZJc.jpg
GQCDGK3.jpg
ubouak3.jpg
h6gTUtU.jpg
FnKfhQM.jpg

They really are the cutest!

Onto Pandora

EI9rk4E.jpg
tAMYr7q.jpg

It wasn’t too early, but the line for FoP was wrapped all the way back to the Africa trail still. Luckily, I had a fastpass, so was able to skip that line and ride on a banshee again. This time I could enjoy it more since I wasn’t trying to book SWGE reservations!

LPjzE4L.jpg
KCPFQ9x.jpg

For some reason the past several times I’ve done it they’ve skipped the parasite part, but this time it happened

R75udF8.jpg

Onto Africa, where it was time for another safari

35X0Jw5.jpg

I got the “lion side” again, and I’m so happy I did…but that will come later!

Okapi from the front this time!

r0Z08vr.jpg

Sleepy rhino

Ato7hVw.jpg

Onto the savannah, where all 4 baby giraffes were hanging out together – a Tower of Baby Giraffes! It was on the passenger side of the truck, so I was a bit worried that would mean I missed the opportunity to see them by requesting the drivers side! I was able to get some good enough views though as there was only 1 other guy in my row

yZyQ9i8.jpg
Gd6Z1YA.jpg
F5rEriT.jpg
24FN2F7.jpg

Elephants

iNtfLQt.jpg

And then our truck stopped. Another truck was stopped in the road with maintenance issues and we were stuck behind it. Unfortunately we weren’t in any spot to see animals. But our driver was pretty funny and brought up lots of Avengers Endgame references (without spoiling things). He also started conversations, answering questions about his experiences. He was nice enough I gave him a cast compliment on twitter.

We finally got started again, unfortunately no good elephant sightings. As we came around to the Cheetahs, one of them was up and running around (but it was in the shade, so she’s pretty camoflauged in).

1gEx78I.jpg

Most of the Rhinos were hanging out in the back, but a couple were closer to the road.

W7iSVBB.jpg
PGdZLCu.jpg

But then, the lions. OMG! All three were chilling close to the tram area – yay. Then one lady decided to get up and take a drink of water – cool! As we pull around to the other side, the other lady got up and decided to come and nuzzle her sister. And then they started play fighting! It was sooo cool to see them interact this way – normally you just see them sleep, if at all! We didn’t get to stay long, but it was totally worth the maintenance stop!

LmsNXOZ.jpg
f5QLgYS.jpg
HaLFPDF.jpg
wNrgMrb.jpg
d0WZRne.jpg
KJgp1WA.jpg

Coming up - Some more animals and Stormalong Bay with friends

I decided just to grab a pastry at the Market – a cinnamon bun. It was ok, not amazing.
Next time, go to Kusafiri. Yum!
Onto the savannah, where all 4 baby giraffes were hanging out together
Awww...
our driver was pretty funny and brought up lots of Avengers Endgame references (without spoiling things). He also started conversations, answering questions about his experiences. He was nice enough I gave him a cast compliment on twitter.
Driver saves the day! You got unlucky with the delay, but lucky with the driver.
But then, the lions. OMG! All three were chilling close to the tram area – yay. Then one lady decided to get up and take a drink of water – cool! As we pull around to the other side, the other lady got up and decided to come and nuzzle her sister. And then they started play fighting! It was sooo cool to see them interact this way – normally you just see them sleep, if at all!
Wow! That's great!

Caught up here, too! Oh my goodness, I can't believe the lion encounter you had on the safari! How neat! Very occasionally I see them up and walking around, but often just dozing. Never have I seen anything like this!

I think this is the first time I've ever seen anyone say the lions did anything on their safari besides maybe look up! How cool that you got to have that experience - definitely worth the maintenance stop!

BUTTS!

This is so cute! I somehow missed it in the pictures you uploaded!

so thanks Kara for taking a food photo for me! It was good – had a bit of a kick, but I am so spice sensitive, don’t know if other people would be able to tell!

No problem! I had serious food envy!

I look like I'm beatboxing or something!

Love your expression!!

So cute!

This looks heavenly!

Afterwards, Caroline and I headed back to YC, where I got a text that Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls! ) and her family had finally arrived (Dismeet #17)! I had some surprises for Morgan – it was her birthday weekend. Ariella and I had to coordinate and of course I kept almost running into the girls! Involved a couple times of hiding behind bushes and Ariella distracting the girls to eat outside the room. We were able to collect the balloons and other goodies and set up the room a bit, and once Andy and the girls headed up, I went and hid in the stairwell across from the room! It was fun to hear their surprised voices!

Aww, how sweet that you were able to help make that happen for them. What a fun surprise!

Looove your shirt!

Whaaat this is too cute, I can't handle it.

As we pull around to the other side, the other lady got up and decided to come and nuzzle her sister. And then they started play fighting! It was sooo cool to see them interact this way – normally you just see them sleep, if at all! We didn’t get to stay long, but it was totally worth the maintenance stop!

OMG, I've never seen anything like this! How fun!

But then, the lions. OMG! All three were chilling close to the tram area – yay. Then one lady decided to get up and take a drink of water – cool! As we pull around to the other side, the other lady got up and decided to come and nuzzle her sister. And then they started play fighting! It was sooo cool to see them interact this way – normally you just see them sleep, if at all! We didn’t get to stay long, but it was totally worth the maintenance stop!

How lucky! Must have been amazing to see.

(Unfortunately our on-ride photo never showed up; instead everyone in my car ended up getting a second version of Su-Lynn’s car’s photo! Chunky invasion!)
I smell a conspiracy!!!

(Does it look like @Pluto0809 is saying a prayer or pointing to the heavens here?)
vctfouc.jpg
Totally! But slinky dog is terrifying so really who doesn't do this before hand :P

The wait in the pre-show room was pretty long, so we ended up doing the wave…
You all crack me up!!!!

Afterwards, we were all free to go our own ways. Su-Lynn: “now, we’re like regular people – what do we do now?”
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Welcome back to the world of us commoners ladies!

I also went back for multiple rounds of proscuitto and mozzarella balls (gotta get my cheese quota in this evening)!
If we ever do this I would so get my moneys worth on these 2 items alone. Some of my favorites!!!

We got to sit down for the fireworks, which was also cool. And I loved the viewing location – yes, you cant really see the far off fireworks that well, but there are much fewer of those, so you really feel like you are in the center of the action with things exploding all around you! Highly recommend!

huXEOt7.jpg
Awesome that you can sit down. I keep thinking about doing this. I know the hubby would love it and we could eat/drink our moneys worth, but the kiddo is so dang expensive I haven't bit the bullet yet

I had some surprises for Morgan – it was her birthday weekend. Ariella and I had to coordinate and of course I kept almost running into the girls! Involved a couple times of hiding behind bushes and Ariella distracting the girls to eat outside the room. We were able to collect the balloons and other goodies and set up the room a bit, and once Andy and the girls headed up, I went and hid in the stairwell across from the room! It was fun to hear their surprised voices!
This is amazing!!!! I had no idea you had done this. What a great surprise for Morgan!

Speaking of amazing. I don't think I've ever seen pictures of the lions so active. Glad your drivers side stalking worked out so well for you

Such perfection! Love this shot!

I had NO idea that was there. I need to find it and get a photo there. :)

Awww, good friends!

I arrived and Winged Encounters was going on – it’s always great to see those birds!

I have seen that, but didn't know it had a name. Now I know!

I then decided to check on the Otter Grotto

I missed that as it was too late in the day before I knew about it. Sept!!!

For some reason the past several times I’ve done it they’ve skipped the parasite part, but this time it happened

That's the time staller. If things are going smoothly with ride loading, you don't get it.

Sounds like a nice morning in Animal Kingdom! Glad you weren't stuck for too long!

I think if I needed to be a zoo animal, I would want to be an otter, they def seem to have the most fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!