Enhancements coming to the Disney Magic in 2018

erionm

DIS Veteran
From the Disney Parks Blog:

An Enchanting Dining Experience for Families

At Rapunzel’s Royal Table, your family will delight in an all-new dining experience inspired by the beloved story of Disney’s “Tangled.” The first table service restaurant themed to “Tangled” that features characters and live entertainment will transport Disney Magic guests to the kingdom of Corona for an evening of music and interactive fun with Rapunzel and the mischievous Snuggly Duckling Thugs.

Upon entering the restaurant, you’ll step inside a regal ballroom in the royal castle, lit by glowing wish lanterns and adorned with colorful drawings that reflect Rapunzel’s artistic talents. Here, the King and Queen of Corona invite you to take part in a festive celebration of Rapunzel’s birthday and the anniversary of her return to the kingdom.

Throughout dinner, you’ll be treated to live entertainment, including spirited singing and dancing, a merry band of musicians, the mischievous Snuggly Duckling Thugs and of course, Princess Rapunzel herself.

The family fun is complete with themed menus, special activities and a lively parade to cap off the evening in Corona. The charm and enchantment of “Tangled” in Rapunzel’s Royal Table is the perfect pairing to “Tangled: The Musical” – the spellbinding original production that delights guests during each Disney Magic sailing.

Redesigned Retreat Just for Teens

Vibe, the space on the ship reserved for teens ages 14-17, is being transformed into a trendy urban loft environment. At Vibe, teens can enjoy a new coffee and smoothie bar, play video and virtual reality games, and check out other cool activities like a DJ spin-off and movie making.

Refined Escape Exclusively for Adults

If it’s grownup retreat you’re seeking, Cove Café is being redesigned in a sophisticated tropical style. It’s the perfect place to sip a specialty coffee or tea throughout the day, or indulge in wine or a cocktail and light bites during the evening hours.

Elsewhere around the Disney Magic, other enhancement highlights include the addition of Club Disney Junior in Disney’s Oceaneer Club for children and a redesigned Rainforest Room with steam and hydrotherapy in Senses Spa for adults.

The new enhancements debut on Disney Magic starting March 9, 2018, on sailings from Miami, Fla.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...SOC-43053WDWDisneyMagicEnhancementsTwitter930

We will be on the Magic in December 2018. The wifey is a big Tangled fan, she is going to be so excited about this!

I like that they're putting in a Tangled themed restaurant, Carioca wasn't my favorite. Love that they are changing up Cove Cafe too.

Now I have to look for a deal to sail The Magic out of Miami soon!

Yes!! I'm also not a big Cariaoca's fan. The Rainforest Room is looking very tired and needs an overhaul. But am confused about Vibe as they just moved it last year and I thought it had a smoothie bar?

Last edited:
Didn't like Cariaoca's and loved the German food on Tangled day. This should be great. Vibe doesn't make sense to me either @MaleficentRN It already has a smoothie bar, video games, and is an urban loft theme.

I will be excited to see some menus for this. I look forward to the early reviews too as I am going in May!

I've been waiting for this news since we booked the Magic a few months ago. I'm excited to see that they are changing up the restaurants and creating different spaces on the different ships. Also nice to hear that they will be working on the rainforest room.

So excited to hear this news. We have been booked for 3/9/18 for months and this just makes our pre-cruise excitement almost unbearable! Loved the Snuggly Duckling night at O'Gills in 2015 and the new Tangled show.

I like that they're putting in a Tangled themed restaurant, Carioca wasn't my favorite. Love that they are changing up Cove Cafe too.

Now I have to look for a deal to sail The Magic out of Miami soon!

Has anyone actually seen an official statement that this is replacing Cariocas? I know various blogs and tweets are saying as such, but none of the actual announcements say that. Isn't it also possible it could be replacing Lumiere's, since this new restaurant has a very clear royal theme?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!