England & France: Cities of Knights & Lights (London & Paris) Meets Thread

I am considering this trip. I have a question for those who have taken this adventure before.

At Stonehenge. Did ABD have an inner circle tour? Or were you outside the fence?

dato63 said:
I am considering this trip. I have a question for those who have taken this adventure before.

At Stonehenge. Did ABD have an inner circle tour? Or were you outside the fence?

I'm interested in the answer too!

dato63 said:

The tour is outside the fence, with a headphone taped tour. It was long bus ride from Fox Hills.
No one is permitted in the inner circle unless it is the day of the Summer Solstice. DH had a terrible sinus headache that morning, so I stayed with him at Fox Hills and DD18 went along to Stonehenge with the group. She was happy to say she has been there, but wasn't a major highlight of an otherwise fantastic trip. I think she had a better time on the long bus ride, joking with the guides. ;-)
(Later that day, we went to Windsor, which was one of our favorite stops. Would have loved to have spent even more time in the castle and in the little village. So wonderful!)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

There are tours offered for the inner circle during the year. They seem to be very early in the morning and late in the evening, like before/after general opening. But from what I have read they seem to be limited. I don't know enough about Stonehenge (just started researching) to know if the inner circle offered anything special making it worth doing over a regular tour, and if it was worth doing - if you could with ABD.

Thank you so much for the information!

Looks like the trip I'll be on (June 17, 2013) tours Stonehenge ONE day before the solstice. Bummer!

There are tours that go into the inner circle. We are doing the sunrise tour with Premiumtours next August. Most of the tour companies that I researched tend to do it as a full day tour with 1.5 hours or so at Stonehenge for sunrise or sunset. The one we are doing is Stonehenge at sunrise, Lacock, and Bath. You could also do Bath, Lacock, and Stonehenge at sunset. There are a few other companies that do an inner circle viewing, but it is part of an all day excursion. You could also look on Viator, but I believe they bring you to the Premium tours excursion. Hope this helps.

There are tours that go into the inner circle. We are doing the sunrise tour with Premiumtours next August. Most of the tour companies that I researched tend to do it as a full day tour with 1.5 hours or so at Stonehenge for sunrise or sunset. The one we are doing is Stonehenge at sunrise, Lacock, and Bath. You could also do Bath, Lacock, and Stonehenge at sunset. There are a few other companies that do an inner circle viewing, but it is part of an all day excursion. You could also look on Viator, but I believe they bring you to the Premium tours excursion. Hope this helps.

I hope you will do a report when you get back. I had seen where premium tours did offer this, which made me wonder if ABD did the inner circle or not. My dd is interested in the inner circle tour - and I was curious if it would be worth trying to add on, or if we should do London/Paris on our own instead of with ABD.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the change to the Landmark London hotel? :confused:It looks like a beautiful hotel on their website, also lots of good reviews. It's pretty far away from the tourist areas of London though. There is a tube station nearby.

That's interesting that there are tours available in the inner circle. My daughter remembers being told only on the summer solstice. Sorry for our incorrect info! ;)

I was sorry to see they aren't staying at Chancery Court now. We loved it! Our room was very large, with a lovely sitting area. The welcome inner was delicious, as well as afternoon tea. The staff was fantastic. But, I'm sure any hotel ABD chooses will be wonderful.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the change to the Landmark London hotel? :confused:It looks like a beautiful hotel on their website, also lots of good reviews. It's pretty far away from the tourist areas of London though. There is a tube station nearby.

That's interesting that there are tours available in the inner circle. My daughter remembers being told only on the summer solstice. Sorry for our incorrect info! ;)

I was sorry to see they aren't staying at Chancery Court now. We loved it! Our room was very large, with a lovely sitting area. The welcome inner was delicious, as well as afternoon tea. The staff was fantastic. But, I'm sure any hotel ABD chooses will be wonderful.

I believe I heard that the switch from the Chancery Court was due to refurbishing being done there. I don't know anything about the Landmark London Hotel.

Sayhello

Hi. My family is booked 6/7/13 - 6/14/13. Our little group is DH, DS(15), DD(13) and me. Excited and nervous.

Hi. My family is booked 6/7/13 - 6/14/13. Our little group is DH, DS(15), DD(13) and me. Excited and nervous.
Welcome to the Adventures by Disney forum! Don't be nervous! It's a fabulous trip, and the Adventure Guides make everything work wonderfully!

AJMlovesRLM and family are on that trip, too (check the first post!)

Sayhello

old_faithful said:

No need to be nervous! We had a fabulous time in May! EVERYTHING is taken care of for you!!! Loved it!!!!

Say Hello, please add me to the roll call for the Sept 20, 2013 tour. I, DH, (both 45) Dmom & Daunt (mid to late 60's) can't wait.

Cheryl
worknfires

You can add us to the roll call for May 20th! It's me, DH, DS1 (20), and DS2 (18). 3rd ABD trip and 1st time to London & Paris.

You can add us to the roll call for May 20th! It's me, DH, DS1 (20), and DS2 (18). 3rd ABD trip and 1st time to London & Paris.
Done! :) Looks like I don't have to do any convincing for you! :goodvibes It *is* a great trip! Let me know if you have any questions!

Sayhello

Thanks! Enjoyed your trip report - lots of good info! Kevin's been great about sharing tips, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter