engine noise/noise on the AMA river cruises

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
Well, I was on the 3rd (Violin) deck, but I was towards the back. I didn't have any issues with engine noise that I can recall.

Sayhello

lpm23

Mouseketeer
I would avoid the last couple of cabins at the back. We were on the Seine and our friends were in the last cabin and it was very noisy and a fair bit of vibration.

• tink1970

DCL Platinum
    We've always been the front cabins (which is really the middle of the ship) and I have never heard anything-super quiet.

Eastridge

Earning My Ears
    We were on the Rhine River cruise, on the middle level and toward the middle-front of the boat. I don't recall any problems with noise or vibration. It was much quieter than the Disney Cruise ships I have been on (e.g. Wonder, Fantasy)

• OhanaCuz

I can finally say that I've been on an ABD.
    I had a french balcony room about 2/3 of the way down the hallway. Couldn't hear anything engine-wise. I could feel the ship vibrating when we were moving but it wasn't a big deal.

Theta

DIS Veteran
    We were all the way back, it was TERRIBLE!

Could not sleep the first two nights. We were going upstream from Budapest and they said the engines really have to work hard those first few days.

OhanaCuz

I can finally say that I've been on an ABD.
    We were all the way back, it was TERRIBLE!

Could not sleep the first two nights. We were going upstream from Budapest and they said the engines really have to work hard those first few days.
    I am so thankful for this thread. I am absolutely going to keep this in mind if (when?) I take my third river cruise.

laceltris3

Mouseketeer
    Our room was on the middle deck, whatever that is called and maybe the 4th or 5th room from the front so towards the middle of the boat. It was silent. I note that the people on the top deck, below the walking track complained about noise from that, and they limited the hours for it, but I can see how it's like being under the pool deck on DCL.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates