End of the Disneyland Show??

Was watching the replay, but video keeps skipping, so had to stop watching. did they say why the Disneyland show was coming to an end? I wasn’t a huge fan of latest format, but still wanted something Disneyland related

Was watching the replay, but video keeps skipping, so had to stop watching. did they say why the Disneyland show was coming to an end? I wasn’t a huge fan of latest format, but still wanted something Disneyland related
I assume they will do into more details on the last Disneyland Show. (tomorrow)

Yeah I wasn’t sure either as the replay is messed up but it sounded like it.

But is anyone surprised? I saw the writing on the wall. There seemed to be little effort to connect or understand the DL fan base to try to build it up.

The content was also somewhat redundant, and they have the same people having the same conversations both days. I found I couldn’t watch on Wed if I had watched on Tuesday. And frankly, since they had been weeks or months (or years in Fiasco case) since their last visit to DL, they end up talking about movies or more general Disney news trying to stretch it out, since besides Morgan they couldn’t discuss the latest in the parks.

And targeting WDW fans with the show I think really hurt the DL boards here, it used to more high level conversation, now we get daily threads of new people with vague open-ended questions, “Tell me everything!” How do you even do that? I have wanted to recommend some mandatory sticky thread reading for awhile to clean that up.

Having it in Orlando was never going to work. DL fans just couldn’t ever really take it seriously.

But is anyone surprised? I saw the writing on the wall. There seemed to be little effort to connect or understand the DL fan base to try to build it up.

The content was also somewhat redundant, and they have the same people having the same conversations both days. I found I couldn’t watch on Wed if I had watched on Tuesday. And frankly, since they had been weeks or months (or years in Fiasco case) since their last visit to DL, they end up talking about movies or more general Disney news trying to stretch it out, since besides Morgan they couldn’t discuss the latest in the parks.

And targeting WDW fans with the show I think really hurt the DL boards here, it used to more high level conversation, now we get daily threads of new people with vague open-ended questions, “Tell me everything!” How do you even do that? I have wanted to recommend some mandatory sticky thread reading for awhile to clean that up.

Having it in Orlando was never going to work. DL fans just couldn’t ever really take it seriously.
Agree that the focus on trying to get WDW people to visit Disneyland hurt the show. Hope they can figure something out to give us Disneyland content on a consistent basis and not just random vlogs.

luckily I haven’t perused the DL boards in a long time, as that would drive me nuts as well :)

I'm bummed to see this. I really enjoyed doing the show, and thankful that Pete gave me that opportunity at the time. The DIS Unplugged team is really great, so wish them the best with whatever they do.

... now we get daily threads of new people with vague open-ended questions, “Tell me everything!” How do you even do that? I have wanted to recommend some mandatory sticky thread reading for awhile to clean that up.
There is a group planning to clean up our sticky threads. Waiting for the end of the holiday season before getting with them again for further discussion and redoing them.

Edited to add that this thread was not the first notification I got. I don't want to misrepresent. -- Mary Jo

Last edited:
I'm bummed to see this. I really enjoyed doing the show, and thankful that Pete gave me that opportunity at the time. The DIS Unplugged team is really great, so wish them the best with whatever they do.

!! Pete didn't tell you?! I am sorry, that is not okay.

Mary Jo, I am sure you will do a great with the new sticky threads and balancing the needs of both the old timers and newcomers. And I am stunned yet again at your class and grace. I have nothing but gratitude to you, Nancy, Tony, Micheal and Tom for many great years and wonderful Sunday nights. For all intents and purposes, the DL show has been dead a long time so I apologize if my comment seemed flippant.

I feel like I already went through all the sadness of losing it, and the community that went with it, a couple of years ago.

I hate that the show skipped right when this was announced. Big time cliffhanger. I hope that Disneyland coverage will continue in a different format

It was a odd way to do it. People in chat were asking over and over for clarification.

But it oddly seems to sum it up about right...

Last edited:
!! Pete didn't tell you?! I am sorry, that is not okay.

I haven't been part of the team for a long time, so no one owed me advance notification; however, someone did reach out and let us know, so all's good.

Side note. Pete is a very good friend of mine 459196 , so just want to ensure no one thinks that I wasn't treated right. Pete has always been good to me, and I'm friends with everyone on the team, and very good friends with some. So, again, just want to make sure that no one thinks I wasn't treated right (I apologize if I gave the wrong impression). And, having said that, Disneyland is my home park, so, of course, I enjoyed talking about it with the team and also our chaterrati group was a part of that enjoyment (one of the reasons I miss it). :)

I'm disappointed it is ending, but I recognize it could do better if it was retooled. I hope they figure out a way to regularly highlight things at Disneyland in some fashion, even if it's not a long live show.

judging by a comment she made on today's show, seems like Morgan has moved/is moving to Orlando.

she has been a good addition to the team in my opinion, but it's a shame to see the show go. it's never been the same since they ended the OG podcast though. the original disneyland show is how i found DisUnplugged in the first place, a great show with a great team that offered hundreds of hours of really good and informative content.

You forgetting Tom Bell isn’t far from DL too?

Tom joined the show yesterday almost right after the announcement glitch. People in chat started asking him about what was announced. I ended up not paying attention to chat to see if there was ever a response from him or anyone else.

The OG podcast crew made me fall in love with Disneyland before I ever stepped foot in the place.

Three of them responded to me personally on Facebook with tips before my first trip. Those tips made all the difference.

I still haven't met any of them, and probably never will, but I consider them friends, even from a distance.

I feel as though there's also an opportunity for re-branding/restructuring of the DL show as well, as opposed to entirely scrapping it?

So while there isn't any confirmation that there will be considerably less content for DL, dropping an announcement the way they did was definitely confusing and potentially misleading (like an official Disney announcement, lol). Hopefully there will be some sort of clarification in January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!