End of night at AK with teens: RoL or FoP standby?

We will be doing FOP right before closing and skipping ROL if it comes to it. Right now AK is closing at 8 with ROL at 6:30 pm so we are good with seeing ROL and then going over to Pandora if we would like. We may decide just to explore Pandora some more at night and skip ROL altogether.

We were there a few weeks ago and were able to refresh for FoP enough times so we went to the late Rivers of Light show after the park had closed.

It was a nice show and the stadium was only about s third full.

I really like RoL - well at least I really like the soundtrack...the show itself is okay, but even I would say FoP with teenage boys. If they are old enough that you are comfortable doing this - maybe let them ride EE back to back to back during Rivers of Light one night while you check out RoL then meet back up with them when the show is over.

We watched a bit of RoL from the walkway, hit EE with no wait twice in a row. Walked from there to FoP around 8:30 on a 9pm close night. The posted wait at that time was 90 minutes, we waited standby. By 40ish minutes we were in the lab room, 50ish minutes we were in the loading room. All in all, we waited less than an hour.

Saw ROL for the first time in May and found it absolutely boring. I am a 55yr adult with my mother who is 78 -even she thought it was a waste of time. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter