"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

Great update! I love Illuminations but have never done the cruise - one more thing to add to my list for my next trip. It looks amazing!! And I laughed too when you pointed out the LOSERS!!

I did the Wishes cruise once but it was a freezing cold day and we were mostly focused on not getting frostbite, I think. Still, it was fun as we huddled together under the blankets...

TP

Rob,
I just love your trip reports. When you express your gratitude for all things Disney, I can feel the emotion. I feel the same about all those little details so many take for granted!
I'm so glad you had the opportunity to go on the Illuminations Cruise with Brenda and the gang. It is a spectacular show to begin with, but that experience just puts it over the top. I was lucky enough to book one for my DHs 40th this past Feb. it was truly magical! And I, too, raided our leftover snacks. They lasted for the remainder of our trip.

Nicole

The cruise looks simply wonderful! I've always wondered what an experience like that would be like, and I'm super happy that you got to experience it with such wonderful people and have an amazing time!!
YAY!

Dear Rob,

You must think I am a horrible dis friend. You have made 3 more entries in your TR since I have last read and I am ashamed to admit that I have not been keeping up....oh the shame:sad1: I seriously am sorry though. Life....just...got...busy. sigh. But, I am here now and happy to report that I am all caught up:thumbsup2
I think that you are right about the small park exit signs at AK lol. I never noticed that before....makes sense to me though! Camp Minnie Mickey:sad:I miss you already! Glad to see that you and Thumper are buddies cause otherwise we could never be friends....I LOVE THUMPER!!!! "That's why they call me Thumper" GAH....favorites. I agree about FOLK being amazing! I actually had the chance to see The Lion King on Broadway in New York as a theatre workshop/trip that my parents gave to me for a graduation present my senior year and they are both equally beautiful!
That is so cool that you got another dismeet in for the parade! and with Em and Brenda too!!!
Yay you went to AKL! Let's see Dec 7th was a Saturday...that was our HS/Epcot park hop upgrade drama day lol. Yes the bus schedules are super cool but they only had them at Kindani so we did not really get spoiled by them at Jambo....and oh my gosh the baby Zebra was sooooo cute! I was obsessed with her/him. I cannot remember lol.
Isn't the lobby at Jambo house breathtaking? You walk in and its like JINGLE BAM!! Never ever got old the whole time we were there. That is so awesome that you got recognized by someone from the disboards. You're like a celebrity Rob!!!
Oooh a dismeet Illuminations cruise sounds like fun! That is awesome that Brenda got you DISsers together! See now that is the kind of dismeet that my shy self could maybe stomach. I do better with groups lol. Anyways it sounds like you guys had a blast and it does seem very VIP lol.
Glad to be all caught up and cannot wait to hear about how awesome the show must have been....I bet it was AMAZING!!!!

I think I must have fallen off the grid!!! :confused3
Guess I have been a bit busy this past week. And so have you, my friend. But it was great having so many updates to go back to and read.

Enjoyed your tour of AKL/Jambo and Kidani. It was the first resort we stayed at with our kids and still has a very special place in my heart. We have returned there twice since then and I would not hesitate to go back again. The CMs are always more than wonderful! LOVE the Mara for CS food! The pools are nice and relaxing and plenty roomy! And what's not to love when you wake up to animals off your balcony!!!

Lovely evening walk about the Boardwalk area. The entertainment there makes for a fun, free place to spend some time.

Your Illuminations cruise looks like so much fun! I would love to go to a meet in Disney where a bunch of folks I've "met" on the Boards would be. :thumbsup2 What a neat way to meet everyone. And cruising while viewing Illuminations has to be one of the most awesome things I can think of.

Great updates!!'

I promise I will try to be better at keeping up. Life here with these 2 kids and the job that gives me Disney funds keeps me hopping.

Great update with the cruise, it looks like you guys had a blast! :thumbsup2 I can't believe how many snack bags that provide for the cruise!!! I bet you set on snacks through the rest of the trip & then some. :lmao:

Are you planning your next trip?

I got chills reading your summary of your feelings after Illuminations... I mean, seriously, where else can you feel that way? No place other than Disney...

The snacks!! Wow! I'd have some the same thing... Don't tell anyone but when we stay somewhere that has continental breakfast, I sometimes take extra cereal and/or bananas for the kids.. Tee- hee- hee!

Since IllumiNations is clearly the best Disney firework show, I am very envious of your cruise involvement ;)

Goodness I need to save up extra money to cruise someday, I think I would die. And probably have a light dinner because holy snacks.

You're a man after my own heart not to let them go to waste lol Clearly more people need to take advantage of snacking opportunities.

What a fantastic evening with some fantastic people! I found myself grinning from ear to ear as I was reading. Shanleigh asked me whose trip report I was reading and I said Rob's and she said that's what I thought :rotfl: She reads as well, just a silent lurker tho;)

The cruise sounds incredible! Such a great place to take in the show without fighting for a spot.
:lmao: All those snacks! I definitely would have taken them but then again I feel like I would be too interested in other Disney food to eat anything else! But still that's A LOT of chips :rotfl2:

Oh my goodness it was amazing!! Not waiting around for an hour holding a spot, not standing forever, great company, just a great night.
It's hard to see in the photos, but the Potato Chips are Disney branded, so at least it's something, lol. Believe me, it was nice to have when arriving back after Everything Pop was closed at night.

I'm soooo far behind, I apologize! I actually read the AKL/Boardwalk update the other day and forgot to comment, I think I read it on my phone and I hate trying to comment on there and then got distracted...:crazy2:

Anyway! AKL is ridiculously perfect...I LOVE my Wilderness Lodge, it will always be my favorite place in the world, but if AKL is almost as perfect. It's so pretty and relaxing, and it smells so good, like a roaring fire...AND it has giraffes. :thumbsup2

Wandering around the Epcot resorts is one of my favorite things to do! I can't believe you got recognized, that's so cool and yet, kind of weird haha! I mean, if it's someone you talk to on the DIS, it's awesome, but if it's a lurker, I feel like that's just a bit strange! :rotfl2:

OMG the Illuminations Cruise! How awesome that those DIS'ers invited you, I've always wanted to do a cruise! Your pics of Illuminations were beautiful, I'm obsessed with Illuminations so I think doing a cruise would be a dream come true for me! Glad you took the snacks at the end, that's a lot of food that would have gone to waste!

Oh...did I happen to notice something about you maybe possibly going back in September? :confused3:thumbsup2

Oh my goodness Jen, you're too comical. Believe me, it's quite all right!! The fact that you're here at all is more than enough. :)

It is so lovely. Both are. I really did find the looks to be similar, but each has its own features and charms. But Giraffes!!! That may give it an edge for me, lol.

OMG I am in love with the Epcot resort area. Obviously it'S GORGEOUS, but all the resorts are so close to each other but also different. I still can't believe I only started visiting there in 2012. And that was pretty brief. I can't imagine a trip and not going there now.
Honestly, being recognized like that was really cool. Obviously I met a lot of people I've "talked" to on this trip (MUCH MORE TO COME), but this one wasn't at all. I don't think he'd even commented before. But he was so nice and complimentary, it was really nice. I loved it.

Jen, you have no idea. The cruise is mega super awesome obviously, but to be around all those DISers (pretty famous ones at that, especially on the Dining board), was just beyond. And thank you, I did my best on the photos within the limitations of my tiny camera. I HIGHLY recommend the cruise at least once, especially if you love Illuminations, and ESPECIALLY if you've seen it a lot. You will get a brand new perspective. Oh the snacks had to come. Had to. I couldn't believe nobody was taking them. But then, they were all DIS Dining, so they had other food priorities, lol.

September in for sure on my radar, yes. It seems this year, May and Sept are the BIG Diser months (at least that's what I've noticed). I can't make it to May (but have likely plans for May 2015), so September has become quite appealing. So while I haven't booked anything, September is looking very likely for this year. I need some MNSSHP!!! Currently looking towards mid to late Sept (somewhere in the 15/17 until 25/27 time-frame). Somewhere in there.

You know I love the Mickey shirt, but you look a tad underdressed next to Em and Brenda...they're looking quite sharp!

What an awesome point of view! I love how the fireworks reflect on the water. I'm so glad you got to experience this, Rob :goodvibes

HA I do not blame you one bit for taking all the snacks. Definitely would have done the same. Good food can't go to waste!

I KNOW WHO THE DISNEY MISTRESS IS! And I am excited to hear about your reunion with a certain coaster...

Haha, yeah, I kinda stick out like a sore thumb amongst those high class ladies. But at least the shirt does tie into them, so there's that.

IT WAS AWESOME COURTNEY!!! That's probably what I liked the most... being at water level. Now I know why the ducks always camp out in those spots. It's the VIEW!! And thank you. I was really blessed to be included.

Can you believe nobody wanted all that? But that's ok, I have no shame... or money. I'll take the free snacks, lol.

;) I know you do!!!!! I love putting in that title because I'm SURE some people are thinking... WHAT THE??? It's a nice little shout out to those who've been with me from the beginning. :)

Oh Rob! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the experience. It was a highlight of our trip and I'm delighted that we were able to share it with you. :goodvibes I think doing this with other DISers makes is so much better - especially when there was such a fun group of people. :)

I loved the snack heist! That was awesome! Glad I had a bag with me. I think I grabbed more drinks that snacks. We should have brought our own cooler to load up the drinks! I figured it enhanced the value of the cruise to have the snacks and drinks so don't leave them behind! ;)

It was great to hang out after and spend time chatting.

I think I know who your "mistress" is considering I knew your plans for the next day.....:upsidedow

Brenda, there was nothing I could write that would truly express my gratitude to you for this. There just isn't. To say I enjoyed it just seems like it's not enough, but sometimes that's all the words that are available. It was not a only a highlight of the trip; it was a highlight of ALL my trips, and a large reason why this trip is my favourite ever. And you are so right, such a wonderful group of people, I am so honoured to have met.

OMG that was fun!!! I can still picture our captain belly laughing over all that. He was so great. I'm glad you had the bag too!! The funny thing is while I had the intention to give the remainder away at the end of the trip, there ended up being nothing left. That stuff sure did come in handy late at night.

You're gonna make me cry... Best trip ever.

Hehe, I know you do!! But it is kinda fun to think about what's running through the minds of some new readers, lol.

Great update! I love Illuminations but have never done the cruise - one more thing to add to my list for my next trip. It looks amazing!! And I laughed too when you pointed out the LOSERS!!

I did the Wishes cruise once but it was a freezing cold day and we were mostly focused on not getting frostbite, I think. Still, it was fun as we huddled together under the blankets...

TP

Thanks so much Teresa! This was my first time too and I highly recommend it. But, I expect I will be back amongst the "losers" from now on.

Considering WISHES is my everything, this cruise has to be done by me someday. Hopefully it will be at a not frostbite time though.

Rob,
I just love your trip reports. When you express your gratitude for all things Disney, I can feel the emotion. I feel the same about all those little details so many take for granted!
I'm so glad you had the opportunity to go on the Illuminations Cruise with Brenda and the gang. It is a spectacular show to begin with, but that experience just puts it over the top. I was lucky enough to book one for my DHs 40th this past Feb. it was truly magical! And I, too, raided our leftover snacks. They lasted for the remainder of our trip.

Nicole

Oh WOW, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this Nicole. I really appreciate that.
That cruise is for sure a memory I will always remember fondly. It is magical isn't it? I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it. It definitely made an impression on me. AND, so happy that I'm not the only who raided the snacks!! They lasted me exactly the rest of the trip too.

The cruise looks simply wonderful! I've always wondered what an experience like that would be like, and I'm super happy that you got to experience it with such wonderful people and have an amazing time!!
YAY!

Oh Katt it was such a fun night. You can't beat hanging with DIS people. You just can't.

Dear Rob,

You must think I am a horrible dis friend. You have made 3 more entries in your TR since I have last read and I am ashamed to admit that I have not been keeping up....oh the shame:sad1: I seriously am sorry though. Life....just...got...busy. sigh. But, I am here now and happy to report that I am all caught up:thumbsup2
I think that you are right about the small park exit signs at AK lol. I never noticed that before....makes sense to me though! Camp Minnie Mickey:sad:I miss you already! Glad to see that you and Thumper are buddies cause otherwise we could never be friends....I LOVE THUMPER!!!! "That's why they call me Thumper" GAH....favorites. I agree about FOLK being amazing! I actually had the chance to see The Lion King on Broadway in New York as a theatre workshop/trip that my parents gave to me for a graduation present my senior year and they are both equally beautiful!
That is so cool that you got another dismeet in for the parade! and with Em and Brenda too!!!
Yay you went to AKL! Let's see Dec 7th was a Saturday...that was our HS/Epcot park hop upgrade drama day lol. Yes the bus schedules are super cool but they only had them at Kindani so we did not really get spoiled by them at Jambo....and oh my gosh the baby Zebra was sooooo cute! I was obsessed with her/him. I cannot remember lol.
Isn't the lobby at Jambo house breathtaking? You walk in and its like JINGLE BAM!! Never ever got old the whole time we were there. That is so awesome that you got recognized by someone from the disboards. You're like a celebrity Rob!!!
Oooh a dismeet Illuminations cruise sounds like fun! That is awesome that Brenda got you DISsers together! See now that is the kind of dismeet that my shy self could maybe stomach. I do better with groups lol. Anyways it sounds like you guys had a blast and it does seem very VIP lol.
Glad to be all caught up and cannot wait to hear about how awesome the show must have been....I bet it was AMAZING!!!!

Jenn, you make me laugh!! You never ever need to apologize for falling behind on a Trip Report. And look at it this way... you didn't have to wait for the Cruise update like everyone else. Yes, I'd say life got busy judging by your Real Life update. So sorry about the flooding. :(
Yup those signs are designed to keep us in! It is sad to see a familiar area go bye bye. I still miss Toon Town. And I am REALLY looking for the rebirth of FotLK. I think it will return better than ever.
Ha, truthfully meeting up with them was the only real appeal for seeing the parade.
I did FINALLY see AKL. Hmmm, interesting that the signs were only at Kidani. I never paid attention when I was leaving Jambo. I never got close enough to determine boy/girl for the zebra, but he was cute either way.
OMG, the Jambo lobby is unreal. I wish I'd had more time. But YAY, I was pretty excited being recognized. Definitely not a celebrity, but I'll take what I can get, lol.
The cruise was so amazing anyway, but to share it with super fans just made it so special. It just wasn't awkward at all. And yup, VERY VIP!!!

I think I must have fallen off the grid!!! :confused3
Guess I have been a bit busy this past week. And so have you, my friend. But it was great having so many updates to go back to and read.

Enjoyed your tour of AKL/Jambo and Kidani. It was the first resort we stayed at with our kids and still has a very special place in my heart. We have returned there twice since then and I would not hesitate to go back again. The CMs are always more than wonderful! LOVE the Mara for CS food! The pools are nice and relaxing and plenty roomy! And what's not to love when you wake up to animals off your balcony!!!

Lovely evening walk about the Boardwalk area. The entertainment there makes for a fun, free place to spend some time.

Your Illuminations cruise looks like so much fun! I would love to go to a meet in Disney where a bunch of folks I've "met" on the Boards would be. :thumbsup2 What a neat way to meet everyone. And cruising while viewing Illuminations has to be one of the most awesome things I can think of.

Great updates!!'

I promise I will try to be better at keeping up. Life here with these 2 kids and the job that gives me Disney funds keeps me hopping.

See sometimes a break can be a good thing. You don't have to wait between updates :)

I so enjoyed my brief tour as well. It's funny too because a lot of people would think it's a very "adult" location, but so many books and well, people in general, HIGHLY recommend this for kids. I can for sure see why, and I was only there a very short time.

I cannot recommend more to spend an evening at the Boardwalk. I love the walk around the lake and the entertainment. It's just so alive and beautiful.

It was awesome. Just awesome. I so enjoyed meeting everybody and the best thing is it would not be for the last time. But really, what better way to meet. And yeah, the only real downside is trying to watch Illuminations again AFTER being on the cruise.

Oh my goodness, you will NEVER need to apologize. I'm just glad you're here at al!

Great update with the cruise, it looks like you guys had a blast! :thumbsup2 I can't believe how many snack bags that provide for the cruise!!! I bet you set on snacks through the rest of the trip & then some. :lmao:

Are you planning your next trip?

Thank you SO MUCH!!! It was an unforgetable night. Haha, the snacks. Lets just say they lasted exactly long enough. :)

In my head, yes. I'm looking towards the last part of September if all goes well. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. We'll see.

I got chills reading your summary of your feelings after Illuminations... I mean, seriously, where else can you feel that way? No place other than Disney...

The snacks!! Wow! I'd have some the same thing... Don't tell anyone but when we stay somewhere that has continental breakfast, I sometimes take extra cereal and/or bananas for the kids.. Tee- hee- hee!

Aww Marcie, Thank you! It's tough to explain the really feels, so I'm glad it came through.

SO funny that so many would have done the same thing with the snacks. Not that I felt guilty at all, but at least I don't feel like a hog, lol. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me... and anyone else who reads this comment. :)

Since IllumiNations is clearly the best Disney firework show, I am very envious of your cruise involvement ;)

Goodness I need to save up extra money to cruise someday, I think I would die. And probably have a light dinner because holy snacks.

You're a man after my own heart not to let them go to waste lol Clearly more people need to take advantage of snacking opportunities.

Haha, you're so comical Amber!!

I know you love Illuminations so you better get yourself on this ASAP. It's the only proper thing to do! Mmmm the snacks were goooooooood! Nothing like when arriving "home" late at night with nothing open.

Oh you can't. You absolutely can't! Waste not want not, all the starving children, etc. Snacking is what makes us human.

What a fantastic evening with some fantastic people! I found myself grinning from ear to ear as I was reading. Shanleigh asked me whose trip report I was reading and I said Rob's and she said that's what I thought :rotfl: She reads as well, just a silent lurker tho;)

Oh Jacquie it really was!!! I will never ever forget it! That is such a sweet thing to say, grinning ear to ear. :flower3: Haha, well please tell Shan I said WELCOME!!!!! Lurker or not, I'm glad that she's following along. :goodvibes

That is so awesome and trust me when I say never put it past a Disfriend to do something amazing,whether you've met them or not right OOpsi??? anyways i just want you to know Rob that eventhough pour illuminations night was not a cruise and we didn't send you home with a bag of goodies and i'm totally jealous!!! it still meant the world to me n my Riley Roo!

Loved the update! I've always been a Wishes person than an Illuminations one. Still am. But two years ago I splurged on a Illuminations Cruise as a surprise for my family + father in law but mostly for DW as b-day gift. It was the highlight of our trip. I even had a birthday cake ordered from Disney bakery waiting on the boat. You're absolutely right - watching the show from the water level gives it a whole new look. And the cruise around Crescent Lake before the show is definitely an added bonus!

So fun to hear how you melded a massive DISmeet with an Illuminations Cruise especially one with Brenda!

And yes, like you, I cleaned out the snack supply of the boat before we got off! And all of the soft drinks too! Heck, our captain actually encouraged us saying we paid for it. :lmao:

That is so awesome and trust me when I say never put it past a Disfriend to do something amazing,whether you've met them or not right OOpsi??? anyways i just want you to know Rob that eventhough pour illuminations night was not a cruise and we didn't send you home with a bag of goodies and i'm totally jealous!!! it still meant the world to me n my Riley Roo!

Yup, I could not agree with that more Carrie. DIS people are just better. Oh trust me, our Illuminations (and evening) was so special to me, as you'll see when I get there. Just you wait. But then, there's a LOT more before that. ;)

Loved the update! I've always been a Wishes person than an Illuminations one. Still am. But two years ago I splurged on a Illuminations Cruise as a surprise for my family + father in law but mostly for DW as b-day gift. It was the highlight of our trip. I even had a birthday cake ordered from Disney bakery waiting on the boat. You're absolutely right - watching the show from the water level gives it a whole new look. And the cruise around Crescent Lake before the show is definitely an added bonus!

So fun to hear how you melded a massive DISmeet with an Illuminations Cruise especially one with Brenda!

And yes, like you, I cleaned out the snack supply of the boat before we got off! And all of the soft drinks too! Heck, our captain actually encouraged us saying we paid for it. :lmao:

Thanks Dave. I think I've shown myself to be a WISHES guy myself, but obviously, Illuminations is no slouch either. To see it from the water in that environment though, even if I didn't like Illuminations, it would still be memorable. The whole experience was an all time Disney highlight.

OMG this was for sure the best part. And it would not be the last time I saw them.

That's awesome and makes me feel much less like a mooch. I would have taken the drinks too if I'd had the capacity. I had to borrow the bag from Brenda as it was was, lol. It did get returned though.

A SPECTACULAR CHRISTMAS WITH MY DISNEY MISTRESS
Day 6 – December 8, 2013 Part 1

Initially when planning this trip, the thought of leaving Disney property never entered my mind.
Don’t get me wrong; I’ve gone offsite before, but this trip was focused on being a good old-fashioned Disney Christmas.
Then I came across some information about a SeaWorld Christmas Celebration, and I was intrigued.
After a little more research, I was sold.

So, I decided to schedule a day at SeaWorld to my itinerary, and this was to be the day.
But there was more than just a Christmas celebration drawing me here.

I posted on Facebook:
"Off to a SeaWorld Christmas Celebration! ... Oh, and also MMMMMMMMManta!!!"

I had never been to SeaWorld solo before, and I was actually quite excited.
I arrived at the gates of SeaWorld bright and early on yet another beautiful day.

01.jpg

02.jpg

SeaWorld isn’t known for its character Meet and Greets, so when the opportunity is there to pose with a “dolphin”, you take it.

04.jpg

And yes, I was indeed sporting a Christmas shirt for the occasion. "Believe" That!

To give a little bit of info on SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration,
It takes place on weekends only in November and December (though it may be all week during holiday weeks),
It is basically made up of special Christmas themed shows that take place in the evening,
And most importantly, it is included as part of the regular admission ticket.

I knew that the times between shows were tight, and since I wanted to experience them all, I purchased reserved seating before I even left home.
I stopped by Guest Relations first to redeem my voucher, and was given the following “ticket” and lanyard.

04a.jpg

The cost was $29, but I found it to be a very valuable commodity as these shows fill up early.
And also, after the Illuminations Cruise the night prior, I wasn't quite ready to give up my VIP status just yet.

OK, let’s get this out of the way; Disney is far away my favorite place in the entire world.
Period!
BUT, anyone who knows me knows that my favorite ride in Florida isn’t in WDW.

It is located right here at SeaWorld.

05.jpg

Its name is MANTA, and I commonly refer to it as my “Disney Mistress”, because it is THE ride I will cheat on Disney for.

Here's an ariel view of this beautiful creature I got off the internet.

manta.jpg

And SUPER AWESOME… The wait was a mere 5 minutes, which is really ride speak for walk on.

06.jpg

I could write endlessly about the awesomeness of this ride, but I won’t… You need to experience it yourself
Suffice it to say, it is a “flying coaster” that you ride horizontally (like Superman), and it really does feel like you’re flying.
It runs smooth as silk and is just flat out invigorating.

So of course, I rode it a second time immediately.

After riding Manta twice, I moved on to ride the Kraken twice (with no wait),

kraken.jpg

And followed that up with a ride on Journey to Atlantis (with no wait).

jta.jpg

And yes, I got pretty darn wet on Atlantis.

After conquering the ride tri-fecta, I felt satiated enough to move on to other things.
I could ride them all day, but I wanted to cover as much ground as I could before the Christmas events of the evening.

I hadn’t been in SeaWorld in over a year, so there was actually a new area that had opened since my visit… Antarctica.

07.jpg

BUT MY GOD THE CROWDS!!!!

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

The area was fairly nicely themed, and contained one brand new attraction.

12.jpg

13.jpg

I had heard stories online about massive wait times for this, so I was pretty delighted that, after being in the park for an hour at this point,
The wait was a mere 5 minutes.

The ride itself comes in two versions, Wild or Mild, and of course I chose Wild.
The vehicles run on a motion based, trackless system and I’ve included a photo from “Inside The Magic” to give an idea of the look.

14.jpg

The ride vehicle basically travels around an indoor Antarctic environment, spinning to view a variety of scenery and projection screens.

Basically, it's life sized air hockey, and you're the puck.

The best I can say about it is it was fine for what it was, but nothing I would wait extended amounts of time to ride.
Unfortunately, and this is the REAL problem with this setup, the only way to view the actual live penguins is by riding this first.

Prior to this opening, SeaWorld had a separate penguin exhibit that you could enter and walk through any time.
Now, you are forced to ride this before you get to see the real deal.

That said, the ride dumps you right into the exhibit, and I do have to admit that it is impressive.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

The area is open air, so you get quite close the penguins, but as a result of this,

IT IS FREAKING COLD!!!!

Remember that Orlando was running solid 80+ temps, so the average state of dress can only be described as less is more.
Put that attire in sub-zero temps, and you don’t last there very long.
Not to mention that I was really nervous about my camera in this environment, but it's authentic, I'll give it that.

Once you leave this initial area, the next room is more warm temp attire friendly, but you are separated from the birds by glass.

When I left back into the outdoors, I made a note of the new wait time since I had entered less than a half hour prior

22.jpg

So glad I did this when I did.

23.jpg

24.jpg

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Day 6 – December 8, 2013 Part 1 Continued

Apart from the perfection that is Manta, there is one other absolute must do for me at SeaWorld.
But, since I had a little bit of time to kill beforehand, I went to the nearby Pacific Point Preserve to see some of these guys.

27.jpg

28.jpg

My ultimate destination though was the Whale and Dolphin Theater, but this did catch my eye on the way.

29.jpg

Is there anything she can’t do?

The subject of my journey was the amazing and breathtaking Blue Horizons,
Which has grown to become one of, if not my favorite, non-firework show in all of Orlando.

I am somewhat obsessed with this show, partly due to its beauty, partly due to its soundtrack, but mostly due to my fav animal, the dolphin.
I have no understanding of the plot despite the fact that l’ve seen it a lot, so I’ll merely share some photos of this amazing show.

33.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

50.jpg

53.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

My God I love this show.
I know how much people love FotLK, and while I will not try to compare the two, I do feel safe in saying the following…

If you love FotLK, you will love Blue Horizons.

Being a vet of this show, I knew that sometimes a few of the cast comes out front to say hello, so I waited around until they did,

61.jpg

Before moving on to more SeaWorld fun.

TO BE CONTINUED…

:lmao: Cheating on Disney!

I love Manta and Kraken, but I only rode them once. I saw a few shows too. Only having been to SW once, there are more things that I haven't done though.

I'll be cheating a lot on Disney this next trip, two days at Universal, one at SW and one at Busch! Two weeks and I'll probably feel like I didn't spend enough time at WDW! Thank goodness we are staying on property.

I really am enjoying the pictures you're sharing though, they are great shots!

That's so awesome that you were able to do the Illuminations cruise. :thumbsup2 These boards are awesome though! You meet people, and you really feel like you know them. It's a great feeling.

Haha! It is the Chunnel! :lmao: I've been through the Chunnel! Very unique experience.

I'm so glad that the experience was so awesome for you! Makes me want to do it someday.

Um, of course you take the snacks. :rotfl2:

Of course you pose with a dolphin! That's a cute dolphin too.

We have a flying coaster at our Six Flags here that is aptly named.....Superman. :rotfl2:

Penguins!!! Oh man, they are my absolute favorite. Next to ducks of course.

No, there is nothing Barbie can't do! Oh, except get married. Apparently she can't do that. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter