"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. Cannot express how happy I am for you that you were able to take part in such a surreal experience. And to do so with a fabulous group of people who "get it"... No words. I am constantly saying to the non-believers, you just don't get it. But we do... And how lucky for us. :goodvibes

OMG on the pilfered snacks... I was literally laughing out loud at those pictures! I would've done the same thing!!! :rotfl2:

I'm so glad you were given this opportunity. What a great experience and wonderful photos!

I probably would have taken the snacks, also! They were already paid for, so why not?

Rob-Just wanted to hop in and tell you how much I am enjoying your report, I tend to be a lurker! I can understand finding a group that loves Disney as much as you do. We are going to WDW for 2 weeks in June and I think I am making my hubby crazy talking about the plans!

Wow wow wow the Illumination Cruise sounds amazing! I'm glad you had such a good time. It sounds so fun to be able to cruise the Boardwalk area by boat, especially because you know I'm obsessed!

I might have to book one of these on my next trip, my Dad would LOVE it.

I would have totally cleaned out the snacks too :rotfl:

What an amazing experience. The IllumiNations cruise alone sounds like it would spectacular, but being able to enjoy it with fellow Disney lovers makes it even better. I've done a group event with DISers before, so I completely get what you mean when you say that it can be an overwhelming emotional experience.

I had to laugh at the snack swiping part of your update. While they might have only been chips, they were still snacks that you were guranteed. :rotfl2:

Look at all those poor saps up there “standing” shoulder to shoulder. LOSERS!!!

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

That looks like a truly spectacular point of view to see IllumiNations! Seriously, I just adore Brenda and I haven't met her yet! How sweet of her to include you on the cruise. It sounds like a lovely time with a bunch of other DISers to share it with!

Good on ya for taking those snacks back. :thumbsup2 It would just be rude to waste it! :rotfl:

Okay, officially adding Illuminations Cruise to my Disney bucket list! :thumbsup2
We got to do the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage in 2012, and I can totally relate to your feelings of just....WOW! Wishes has always been our family favorite Disney experience. Add to it the intimacy of the small group on the cruise...the quiet on the lagoon when it is over (while the crowds are pushing and shoving their way down Main St. at the end), the closeness of the piped in music...it is just a beyond magical experience. pixiedust: Very surreal indeed. :goodvibes

Sounds, er, reads like an amazing experience and one that you obviously fully appreciated

And so glad you got away from those poor huddled masses who have to stand ... on their own legs no less ... and try to enjoy the show despite the enormous amount of constitution weakening pain they must be in!

Very cool that they were able to dock the boats together so that even though you had to "split" up for the ride you did all get to experiences the main event together

:thumbsup2

I had a few chapters to catch up on. Whoa, that picture of Chip & Dale and the cast member. :rotfl2:

AKL is pretty awesome, huh?! ::yes::

I laughed out loud at your sentence "Look at all those poor saps up there “standing” shoulder to shoulder. LOSERS!!!" The Illuminations Cruise hasn't been on my short list, but I may have to rethink that after review, it sounded great!

Rob, I am SO glad you had such a wonderful & unforgettable experience! The Illuminations cruise really looks awesome, but what's better is that you got to spend the time surrounded by great friends! And I agree, you couldn't have let those snacks go to waste! :goodvibes

The Illuminations Cruise looks amazing!!!! :thumbsup2 I will also be adding that to my bucket list as well!

So glad you got to share that amazing experience with so many great people. It's great being with people who "get" it.

Can't wait for the next installment! :wave2:

Wow! Just wow! Maybe I need to do an Illuminations Cruise so that I can enjoy Illuminations!

Thanks for sharing your experience, and thanks to Brenda for inviting you so we can read about your experience! I'll read about it on her TR when she shares it later!

It is an other worldly experience that's for sure.

It's my pleasure, thank YOU for reading. And YES, I owe it all to Brenda. "IF" she ever gets the December TR started, I'm sure her photos will be exquisite.

I never realized exactly what the Illuminations cruise included! I love that the boats are docked in World Showcase lagoon! Thanks for sharing!

That is quite the haul of snacks!! I was wondering what could have possibly filled that big Christmas bag.

We'll all be on the edge of our seats waiting to hear more about this "Disney Mistress". Don't keep us waiting too long!

To be honest Brenda, I wasn't completely sure myself. But to have a nice leisurely private cruise around the whole of the lake, and then to actually be IN the Lagoon... Mind boggling.

OMG it was CRAZY!! I guess after the Yachtsman, nobody was hungry, lol. As soon as I found out nobody was taking them, that was my queue.

Hahahaha... It's not what you think.

Oh man... I feel speechless just reading about it! The whole experience sounds just absolutely incredible, and to share it with so many DISers is just the icing on the cake. Wonderful photos, I especially love the group pics! It sounds like an unforgettable time, Rob.
Too funny that you cleaned out the snacks! That's a lot of chips!
Now I'm trying to remember who the mistress was!! :rotfl:

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm so glad to hear that Wendy. There's really nothing I could write to do this whole experience justice. Being around such a large (and awesome) group was really surreal. I wish I had taken more photos, but I was so in the moment that I just... didn't. Thank goodness I was able to get hold of some of the group shots. It was unforgettable.
Haha, oh yeah, and try to guess how much of that stuff remained behind when I left. (Hint... Zero... but that's your only hint).
Hehe, you have to go ALLLLLLLLLL the way back to my first TR for that (or just wait until the next update) :p

Going on an IllumiNations cruise is on my bucket list.

What a fantastic Dismeet! :grouphug: Looks like a really fun group!

You got some great shots for just snapping randomly :thumbsup2 I TRY to get good fireworks pictures, and they are always blurry :confused3

I don't blame you for "pirating" the snacks. I would've done the same thing. :rolleyes1

It really should be a bucket list item. It is that unforgettable Jennifer.

They were and it was!!!! To meet so many at one time... hard to beat that.

Aww thanks. I did the best I could, but I was so in awe of everything, it was much tougher than it looked.

No way was I leaving all that behind!!! No WAY!!!

That looks just like the car Denny and I rented for our Tampa trip. It didn't have a big gas tank but it got really good mileage.

SO WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!! for the Illuminations Cruise. It is definitely on my bucket list and you really were blessed to be able to hook up with Brenda and go on that cruise. That really is such a special experience.

Cynthia did that cruise with her whole family and she said it was fantastic. I can't imagine what it would be like to almost be sitting in the center of the fireworks. Very, very cool!

These cars (Ford Focus) are phenomenal, they really are. I used t be so anti-Ford, but I've changed my tune. I've had one for that last few trips and they are Wonderful.

Don't I know it Mary Ellen. The cruise obviously is extraordinary, but the circumstances of how it came to be and the wonderful people I was blessed to be in the company of, will be a Disney memory I will never forget.

She'll get no argument from me, that's for sure. This is something that absolutely lived up to, and really exceeded, my expectations.

Wow!!! Awesome update on cruise. There is no better place to find people who "get it" when it comes to disney and you got to enjoy that experience with them. Truly amazing Rob!! Can't wait to see the pics from airport checking your bags with all those chips. :rotfl2:

Thank you Jeremy!! Exactly!! Having a group of DISers to experience it all with just took the amazing experience to another level. Bahahaha, I can assure you the pirated booty never made it to departure day.

Wow! How awesome was that cruise?! So COOL! :thumbsup2 I've been able to see Wishes from a boat, but I bet seeing Illuminations was breathtaking!

Hahahaha, I love how you took all of the leftover snacks. I'm glad you didn't let them go to waste!

SO AWESOME Lauren. SO VERY AWESOME!!! It really was breathtaking. I love Illuminations anyway, but to have it all RIGHT THERE was unreal.

HA, I just had to. Seriously, since nobody else seemed interested, this was a must do. They definitely did not go to waste.

Ahhh So excited to finally get to hear all about the Illuminations Cruise. How wonderful you got to spend it with such a great group and have such an amazing experience. Also, I love that you cleaned out all the snacks. Quite the haul you had. :)

Your poor lonely car, all by itself in that huge parking lot.

I can't believe that you got to meet Thumper, er Thumpa!!! That is awesome I would love to meet him.

I love the Jammin Jungle Parade, something about the music and maybe cause I just love AK so much but I really enjoy seeing that parade and I am very sad that it has ended but hope they will replace it with something even more jammin!!!

LOL the un-family-friendly happenings with Chip and Dale hopelessly trying to distract everyone. :rotfl:

Totally awesome that the bus driver announced your birthday. :)

Love all the dis-meets happening in this report and looking forward to the next update.

It was easily one of my top favourite experiences in my Disney history. The cruise itself would rank VERY high, but add in all the extras like the amazing group, and it's just another level altogether. And you cannot leave all that food behind.

Haha, this would not be the last time... I'm sure that car had abandonment issues when I returned it.

It was such a surprise. Just a total fluke that I happily was able to take advantage of.

I can see that, but it's just not for me. I am certainly glad I got to see it before it closed though. I haven't heard anything about a replacement though. Not sure what the plan is there.

This is just one of those photos where everyone can make their own judgement, lol.

AHHHh it was such a nice gesture. So kind!

... And many more DISmeets to come!!!

Sounds like a great night! I have always wanted to do an Illuminations cruise!

Great pics of Illuminations! I bet the view was fantastic!

Good job taking the leftovers :rotfl2: Someone had to! You can't just leave all of that food behind :thumbsup2

It was!!! Put that on your DCP bucket list Caitlin!!

Aww thanks. The view is astounding. It's not even so much that you're closer, but you're right at water level which is just such a unique perspective.

Oh I had to. On the one hand, it would be wasteful not to. And on the other, free snacks for the rest of the trip!!! They did not make it to departure day.

There are a lot of nice people in this forum. I'm glad that you had such a great time. :goodvibes

Thank you Sue. There sure are. It was a night I'll never forget.

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. Cannot express how happy I am for you that you were able to take part in such a surreal experience. And to do so with a fabulous group of people who "get it"... No words. I am constantly saying to the non-believers, you just don't get it. But we do... And how lucky for us. :goodvibes

OMG on the pilfered snacks... I was literally laughing out loud at those pictures! I would've done the same thing!!! :rotfl2:

THANK YOU!!! Surreal is the perfect word too Tracy. To be a part of this epic DISer group and share in the beauty of the cruise and Illuminations... yup, no words.

Haha, I swear, I saw them all just laid out and virtually untouched. Um, can I take these???? Yes???? DONE!

I'm so glad you were given this opportunity. What a great experience and wonderful photos!

I probably would have taken the snacks, also! They were already paid for, so why not?

Thank you Annie. It really was an amazing experience and one I am eternally grateful for.

Exactly. No need to waste them!!

Rob-Just wanted to hop in and tell you how much I am enjoying your report, I tend to be a lurker! I can understand finding a group that loves Disney as much as you do. We are going to WDW for 2 weeks in June and I think I am making my hubby crazy talking about the plans!

WELCOME!!!!! I am so glad that you came out of "lurkerdom", if only for a moment. Oh yes, meeting up with a group like that really added to the whole experience, for sure. I so wish I was going back so soon. ENJOY and THANK YOU for reading!!!

Did someone say SNACKS!!!! Great update! So glad you enjoyed it.

I may have mentioned something about snacks, lol. Thanks SO MUCH!!

Wow wow wow the Illumination Cruise sounds amazing! I'm glad you had such a good time. It sounds so fun to be able to cruise the Boardwalk area by boat, especially because you know I'm obsessed!

I might have to book one of these on my next trip, my Dad would LOVE it.

I would have totally cleaned out the snacks too :rotfl:

Oh Jess, it was so amazing and I had such a wonderful time!! Even though the Friendship boats do more or less the same thing, the cruise boats are so much better to look at the gorgeous Boardwalk area.

He absolutely would. So would your mom. So would YOU!!!

It had to be done, and since no one else was "offering", I took care care of it.

What an amazing experience. The IllumiNations cruise alone sounds like it would spectacular, but being able to enjoy it with fellow Disney lovers makes it even better. I've done a group event with DISers before, so I completely get what you mean when you say that it can be an overwhelming emotional experience.

I had to laugh at the snack swiping part of your update. While they might have only been chips, they were still snacks that you were guranteed. :rotfl2:

Absolutely Alicia. All of the above is what truly made this night special. Loads of Magic and Memories.

No way was I leaving all that behind. There was some good stuff. Don't forget the cookies!!

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

That looks like a truly spectacular point of view to see IllumiNations! Seriously, I just adore Brenda and I haven't met her yet! How sweet of her to include you on the cruise. It sounds like a lovely time with a bunch of other DISers to share it with!

Good on ya for taking those snacks back. :thumbsup2 It would just be rude to waste it! :rotfl:

Haha, Of course I say "Losers" with nothing but love.

It really is such a unique POV. On first glance it might not even look that good with the island and such in the way. But it is perfection. Haha, yup, she is indeed easy to adore and I will never be able to pay this back.

Haha, I like that!! It would just be rude to leave all that behind.

Okay, officially adding Illuminations Cruise to my Disney bucket list! :thumbsup2
We got to do the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage in 2012, and I can totally relate to your feelings of just....WOW! Wishes has always been our family favorite Disney experience. Add to it the intimacy of the small group on the cruise...the quiet on the lagoon when it is over (while the crowds are pushing and shoving their way down Main St. at the end), the closeness of the piped in music...it is just a beyond magical experience. pixiedust: Very surreal indeed. :goodvibes

And I HIGHLY recommend you do. The only downside is it will spoil watching Illuminations the peasant way.

Now THAT is one I'd like to do. WISHES is my everything, so to watch it in that manner would probably kill me (but in a good way).

Sounds, er, reads like an amazing experience and one that you obviously fully appreciated

And so glad you got away from those poor huddled masses who have to stand ... on their own legs no less ... and try to enjoy the show despite the enormous amount of constitution weakening pain they must be in!

Very cool that they were able to dock the boats together so that even though you had to "split" up for the ride you did all get to experiences the main event together

:thumbsup2

Oh Yeah Phil. I'll never be able to say thank you enough. It was unreal.

Honestly I don't know how I ever managed to watch Illuminations any other way. Yeah, I'd say I'm spoiled for future viewings.

Yeah, so true. It worked out so well in that respect. We basically just ended up with a bigger boat... and bonus... no Jaws!

I had a few chapters to catch up on. Whoa, that picture of Chip & Dale and the cast member. :rotfl2:

AKL is pretty awesome, huh?! ::yes::

I laughed out loud at your sentence "Look at all those poor saps up there “standing” shoulder to shoulder. LOSERS!!!" The Illuminations Cruise hasn't been on my short list, but I may have to rethink that after review, it sounded great!

Haha, you never know what you'll see in WDW Glenn. But still tame compared to when ya'll got lei'd at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show. Disney is getting so risqué.

Oh my is it ever. I can't believe it took me this long.

Glenn, it is fantastic!!! It's such a stress free and comfortable way to watch, plus the lovely cruise around the lake beforehand. Totally worth it in my opinion. I don't know how I'll ever go back and be in amongst the common folk again.

Rob, I am SO glad you had such a wonderful & unforgettable experience! The Illuminations cruise really looks awesome, but what's better is that you got to spend the time surrounded by great friends! And I agree, you couldn't have let those snacks go to waste! :goodvibes

THANK YOU Alexis, it really was unforgettable. To spend the evening with such great Disney folk really made the night extra special.
Haha, believe me, they definitely did not go to waste.

The Illuminations Cruise looks amazing!!!! :thumbsup2 I will also be adding that to my bucket list as well!

So glad you got to share that amazing experience with so many great people. It's great being with people who "get" it.

Can't wait for the next installment! :wave2:

It truly was amazing. Definitely a bucket list-able item, no doubt. The downside is it will ruin you for "regular viewing, lol.

You know it makes all the difference in the world. I was certainly honoured to be included.

THANK YOU!! The next day is a little different.

The cruise sounds incredible! Such a great place to take in the show without fighting for a spot.
:lmao: All those snacks! I definitely would have taken them but then again I feel like I would be too interested in other Disney food to eat anything else! But still that's A LOT of chips :rotfl2:

I'm soooo far behind, I apologize! I actually read the AKL/Boardwalk update the other day and forgot to comment, I think I read it on my phone and I hate trying to comment on there and then got distracted...:crazy2:

Anyway! AKL is ridiculously perfect...I LOVE my Wilderness Lodge, it will always be my favorite place in the world, but if AKL is almost as perfect. It's so pretty and relaxing, and it smells so good, like a roaring fire...AND it has giraffes. :thumbsup2

Wandering around the Epcot resorts is one of my favorite things to do! I can't believe you got recognized, that's so cool and yet, kind of weird haha! I mean, if it's someone you talk to on the DIS, it's awesome, but if it's a lurker, I feel like that's just a bit strange! :rotfl2:

OMG the Illuminations Cruise! How awesome that those DIS'ers invited you, I've always wanted to do a cruise! Your pics of Illuminations were beautiful, I'm obsessed with Illuminations so I think doing a cruise would be a dream come true for me! Glad you took the snacks at the end, that's a lot of food that would have gone to waste!

Oh...did I happen to notice something about you maybe possibly going back in September? :confused3:thumbsup2

You know I love the Mickey shirt, but you look a tad underdressed next to Em and Brenda...they're looking quite sharp!

What an awesome point of view! I love how the fireworks reflect on the water. I'm so glad you got to experience this, Rob :goodvibes

HA I do not blame you one bit for taking all the snacks. Definitely would have done the same. Good food can't go to waste!

I KNOW WHO THE DISNEY MISTRESS IS! And I am excited to hear about your reunion with a certain coaster...

Oh Rob! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the experience. It was a highlight of our trip and I'm delighted that we were able to share it with you. :goodvibes I think doing this with other DISers makes is so much better - especially when there was such a fun group of people. :)

I loved the snack heist! That was awesome! Glad I had a bag with me. I think I grabbed more drinks that snacks. We should have brought our own cooler to load up the drinks! I figured it enhanced the value of the cruise to have the snacks and drinks so don't leave them behind! ;)

It was great to hang out after and spend time chatting.

I think I know who your "mistress" is considering I knew your plans for the next day.....:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter