Enchanted Garden Embarkation Day Lunch

I just found out about the embarkation lunch at Enchanted Garden. I think we will definitely be trying that since we will be on the late dining rotation, and I want to see EG in the daytime. :)

This is what I was going to say. My not picky ds ate steamed shrimp and chocolate chip cookies at EG. Cabanas has many more choices for kids! We sailed on the Dream in January and did Cabanas for lunch and didn't find it crowded at all. We were a large party, though, so we got tables (outside) and took turns going to the buffet.

We too cruised the Dream in Jan. and will be on the Fantasy one month after after you. I like the times that you cruise. :rotfl2:

We didn't find Cabanas to be busy at all for lunch, however we had a boarding # of 5 so that may have helped.

Ditto. We love boarding early. This is what Cabanas looked like when we arrived.

f232320263735c4cc57d171049583a55.jpg

We boarded fantasy on may 18th. Went to cabanas at 1230. No prob finding great table by the windows. Nice to watch port instead of having no view in EG. Maybe waited 2 mins in line at buffet. In nemo's reef with ds by 1!!

We boarded around 12:30 and ate at EG. It was not crowded, they give you a table, and they bring your drinks. It's true there aren't a lot of kid friendly foods, but our server saw my sons nearly empty plate and asked what he would rather have. Few minutes later, he came back with an entire platter of chicken strips and fries. For us, I think we will always opt for EG over Cabanas.

Hitting Cabanas the moment we get on the ship and tying on the feedbag is my favorite part of the cruise!

Mike
:rotfl2: you have me excited to do this on our first cruise this fall! What are your favorite desserts at cabanas?

I've only eaten in the MD for this lunch - family tradition. Is the food the same in both places?

Do they have the same selections in both EG and Cabanas? I love the seafood with clams and crab...Yummy!

We usually cruise when the weather is cold at home so we head for a table outside near the pool. One person watches bags while everyone else hits cabanas, pluto's, or whatever. It really helps to feel like we're on a cruise to sit outside and soak up some sun. We did have one January cruise where it was rainy and we went to Parrot Cay. But barring that, we're all about getting some sun!

We were planning to eat at EG for the second time in May. However, we were on the ship by 11:30, and found out it does not open until noon. Instead of standing around for 30 minutes with nothing to do, we ate at Cabanas and were swimming by a few minutes after noon. Both were fine, but probably more selection in Cabanas if you have a picky eater.

Does anyone know what time EG closes? We are coming on the resort bus, will we make it before it closes? We are eating a big bfast but my daughter will surely be hungry by the time we get on! Lol

What is the quick service by the pool? What is available to order? We are thinking about heading there first. Have an 11:00 PAT and want to ride AD.

What is the quick service by the pool? What is available to order? We are thinking about heading there first. Have an 11:00 PAT and want to ride AD.

There are several fast food options by the pools on the opposite end from Cabanas. There is pizza, hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, chicken strips, fish sandwiches, cold sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit, pretzels, popsicles, etc.

We ate at EG on the Dream and it wasn't crowded at all. We like the fact that they bring your drinks and enjoy the overall ambience. We'll be having lunch there next cruise on the Fantasy.

Does anyone know what time EG closes? We are coming on the resort bus, will we make it before it closes? We are eating a big bfast but my daughter will surely be hungry by the time we get on! Lol

Anyone know? Anyone on the resort buses ever eaten in EG on debarkation day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter