Emmysdaddy Joins the Damsels to Dine, Even with Princesses: Em started PDR see link

Prior to this job I used to work in HR for an airline and we flew standby. If there were seats available in first class we would get an automatic upgrade. I sure miss those days! :rotfl: I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals, drinks and real glassware!

That's funny, I used to work in HR (well, actually payroll) for Virgin!

I don't get it...how did you get to page 3 without me noticing you started?! I think I need to look up some blueberry cookie recipes now!

Awwww... thanks for joining Vicki! Are you still getting organized after being home? I'm so jealous that you have already booked a return trip!!! That's so awesome! :goodvibes

I am more than overwhelmed right this moment! Andrew and I both started new jobs today & school starts tomorrow. Jay is off to Raleigh. Busy, busy. Loved the new job today but looking forward to some down time this weekend! And yes, yes ... so excited about the upcoming trip!

Good Grief, I got off at the wrong exit and had to backtrack to get to the correct exit that is your dining report.:lmao: I finally made it after stopping for some more gas. Whew! Sorry I am late to this party, but now I am subscribed to both food and story lines. Can't wait for more.

Arriving via your trip report, which has gotten off to a fabulous start BTW. :thumbsup2 Looks like you had some very yummy airline food (isn't that an oxymoron? :rotfl2:) Looking forward to reading about your first Disney food!

Sorry folks... I'm not ignoring all of your lovely comments... just getting this posted and then will go back.... may be tomorrow before I get back to commenting.

DSC01825.jpg

For our first official dinner at WDW we wanted something simple that didn’t require an ADR. Em and I had spied the Boardwalk pizza window when we had breakfast at Kouzzina in February. It actually sounded like a great way to start our vacation dining. Also, I could mark #14 off of my list of 18 from Jabead!

14) Mess with the guy at the BW Pizza window in an attempt to get him to smile.

After watching some of the Boardwalk entertainers we made our way to the pizza window.
Eddie was the pizza dude who took our order and who was the unfortunate target of my devilish plan…. Mwahhh ha ha! [That was evil laughter if you couldn’t tell!] Michael and Em just wanted cheese pizza – hey, that doesn’t work for me! I asked is there was anything else that they wanted on their pizza?? Nope. Ok, I wasn’t getting an accomplice in this scheme.

Because there are only three types of pizza listed you would think that you can only order cheese, veggie (red peppers and onion) or pepperoni pizza. But nooooo … I am here to tell you that you can request SAUSAGE on your pizza and get it. However, after asking for pepperoni and sausage pizza (not on the menu mind you) Eddie informed me that they only have the three kinds listed on the board. I asked if they had green onion instead of red onion? Nope. I said you don’t have any sausage? Eddie then gave me the inside scoop. Just for me, he would make a pepperoni and sausage pizza. Nice! So I ordered that for me and the cheese for Michael and Em. That will be $31 please. Wait! I only want a slice. Sorry lady, you can only special order a whole pizza. Never mind then. After all that I ended up just ordering pepperoni pizza.

Here’s the video clip link as proof of #14 accomplished!

DSC01827.jpg

We found a little table by the bakery and we knew before we even took our fist bites that that was not going to be spectacular. You know how things that have sat under a heat lamp have a dull dried out look? Yep! The pizza had that lifeless sheen to it and at that point I didn’t expect anything great. Well, I got exactly what I expected – pizza that was dried out and pretty tasteless. Michael and Em barely finished their slices. If I wanted to impress Michael with wonderful Disneyworld food, I was off to a really bad start!!!

The lovely thing about the meal was sitting at the table enjoying the sunset and Crescent Lake. It was really a nice evening to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

Enjoying the beautiful evening on the Boardwalk:
DSC01820.jpg

DSC01830.jpg

Next Up: Cape May breakfast

Technically it is "tomorrow" and I'm still up so here we go. :thumbsup2

Joining in! Can't wait for your reviews (not that your AA flight meals weren't just reviewed, but you know what I mean, right?)!

Hi there! I totally know what you mean. Just think of the AA food as the amuse bouche.

Yay for airline food that isn't completely terrible! :laughing: I would be very happy with your lunch, and that cookie sounds fantastic. :goodvibes

Hi there Mr. DDW! At least my food was good! The cookie was interesting but awesome! I wasn't sure what a blueberry white chocolate chunk cookie would taste like but I need to try and come up with a recipe and whip some up!

I'm in. Looking forward to reading all your reviews, I loved your last report!

Thanks for joining!! And thank for reading my last dining review... you'll see some things the same but many different.

Definitely in! :goodvibes Looking forward to reading your reviews!

Hi! Thanks for reading! I look forward to sharing!

Prior to this job I used to work in HR for an airline and we flew standby. If there were seats available in first class we would get an automatic upgrade. I sure miss those days! :rotfl: I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals, drinks and real glassware!

Hi Tracy! That was a great job - at least as far as the perks! So funny that I noticed I made a guest appearance in a couple of your CRT photos in the background!!! :rotfl2:

I second that! :thumbsup2 Although it has been quite awhile since I've had airline food...terrible or otherwise. Well, unless you count a tiny bag of peanuts, that is. :rolleyes: And actually on my last flight returning from Orlando, we didn't even get that. :worried:

Oh, and I have to ask. Did you get any strange looks for taking pictures of your food and drinks on the plane? :lmao: Now to any of us, we would have found it perfectly normal, perhaps even mandatory. And in fact, some of us even have our family trained. During our meeting with Linda, my kids asked if they could start eating the cheesecakes or if I needed to take a picture first...which of course, I did. ;) :rotfl:

Hi Barb! Sheesh! I hope they at least offered you a drink of water when you flew back home from Orlando. Even prisoners get some water!

As for the photos on the plane.... I purposely booked the very last row (row 6) of the first class cabin so that I would bug as few people as possible with my photos. Since there was no one else in our row next to Michael it seemed to work out fine.

You have your family trained well!! ::yes::

Glad to find your report..:)

Hi Mom2my3kids! Glad you found me too!

I have never eaten a meal on an airplane, however, maybe that has something to do with the fact that whenever possible I refuse to fly. ;)

How long was your flight, that you got two yummy meals!! :cool1:

P.S., loved your photo story!! Awesome!!!

Hi there! We had breakfast on our first flight segment that was 3 hours and lunch on our second segment that was another 3 hours. So yeah, it worked out well for us and we didn't have to stop and buy airport sandwiches or snacks.

Thanks for reading that story.

A princess never reveals her secrets but I have been known to entertain a crowd and I do favor a certain mermaid. ;) We do have a trip coming up very soon. 51 days! Whoot!! Can't wait to drown, er, I mean, immerce my boyfriend in the wonderful world that is Disney. lol He's not a convert...yet. :stir:

Hi again!!! I see..... hmmmm... I (think) I know what you did as a CM! How cool and you MUST be so very talented to be able to be offered such a role!! Awesome! Congrats on your pending trip!!! Less than 2 months to go!

Wow! Way to go AA! Lovely start to your vaca!
Thanks!

Looks good for plane food :)

Hi Chocolateminnie. Thanks for reading. Yeah, good plane food, you would think that is an oxymoron but I liked it!

That looks like a great dining line up. I can't wait to read the reviews.

I like waffles too - ilikewaffles!!! How cool is your user name? Thanks for joining and I can't wait to share!

That's funny, I used to work in HR (well, actually payroll) for Virgin!

Ohh you and Tracy probably have similar stories to tell. :)

I don't get it...how did you get to page 3 without me noticing you started?! I think I need to look up some blueberry cookie recipes now!

It's ok, you are excused! Yes, and if you find a good recipe, please share it here!

I am more than overwhelmed right this moment! Andrew and I both started new jobs today & school starts tomorrow. Jay is off to Raleigh. Busy, busy. Loved the new job today but looking forward to some down time this weekend! And yes, yes ... so excited about the upcoming trip!

Hi Vicki! Congratulations on starting your new job. I'm glad you like it. Sorry about the stress for both of you but in no time you will be old pros. I don't recall if you said if you had made any ADRs yet. I know you were going to buy your tickets for the party. I want to hear all about that trip as well. In the meantime I will follow along with your current DR.

Good Grief, I got off at the wrong exit and had to backtrack to get to the correct exit that is your dining report.:lmao: I finally made it after stopping for some more gas. Whew! Sorry I am late to this party, but now I am subscribed to both food and story lines. Can't wait for more.

Hi Karla! No worries. It takes some time to find everyone sometimes! I'm reading along for yours as well. You have an amazing dining line up with some unique dining events like Spirit of Aloha! I'm also looking forward to reading your YSH review.

Arriving via your trip report, which has gotten off to a fabulous start BTW. :thumbsup2 Looks like you had some very yummy airline food (isn't that an oxymoron? :rotfl2:) Looking forward to reading about your first Disney food!

Hi MrsB! Thanks for joining and reading both. I know that at some point I'm going to mess up and post a TR on my DR and a DR on my TR - just sit back and watch it happen.

Ha ha! Great minds think alike, I used the same oxymoron term above. :laughing:

Ugh I hate dry, tasteless pizza! But your interaction with the guy at the window was great.

On my return flight from Europe we switched planes twice (blehh!!) and ended up eating FOUR meals. It was noon our time when we finally got home (after 15 hours) and I was all messed up in terms of when I was supposed to be eating. I just ended up going to sleep so I could start over.

Okay... I have been WATCHING for your reviews and when I finally see them you are on Page 4!! :scared1:

Sorry I'm late to the party! Can't wait to read about all your meals!!!

HAHA! Now I get the pizza guy thing. :laughing: If I'd heard a total like that after asking for three slices I would have fallen over! That's such a shame about the pizza quality though. And I know exactly what you mean about wanting to impress those who aren't as in love with Disney food as you...it seems like the first few dishes ALWAYS backfire. "No, really, trust me, MOST of it is GREAT!" :laughing:

Dry, tasteless pizza isn't the best but at least you can cross an item off your list! There's always a silver lining, right?

For our first official dinner at WDW we wanted something simple that didn’t require an ADR. Em and I had spied the Boardwalk pizza window when we had breakfast at Kouzzina in February. It actually sounded like a great way to start our vacation dining. Also, I could mark #14 off of my list of 18 from Jabead!

14) Mess with the guy at the BW Pizza window in an attempt to get him to smile.

After watching some of the Boardwalk entertainers we made our way to the pizza window.
Eddie was the pizza dude who took our order and who was the unfortunate target of my devilish plan…. Mwahhh ha ha! [That was evil laughter if you couldn’t tell!] Michael and Em just wanted cheese pizza – hey, that doesn’t work for me! I asked is there was anything else that they wanted on their pizza?? Nope. Ok, I wasn’t getting an accomplice in this scheme.

Because there are only three types of pizza listed you would think that you can only order cheese, veggie (red peppers and onion) or pepperoni pizza. But nooooo … I am here to tell you that you can request SAUSAGE on your pizza and get it. However, after asking for pepperoni and sausage pizza (not on the menu mind you) Eddie informed me that they only have the three kinds listed on the board. I asked if they had green onion instead of red onion? Nope. I said you don’t have any sausage? Eddie then gave me the inside scoop. Just for me, he would make a pepperoni and sausage pizza. Nice! So I ordered that for me and the cheese for Michael and Em. That will be $31 please. Wait! I only want a slice. Sorry lady, you can only special order a whole pizza. Never mind then. After all that I ended up just ordering pepperoni pizza.

OMG!!! It's the same pizza dude! :rotfl2: Thank you so much for the video evidence. I kept waiting for the guy to finally crack a smile when he saw that he was being videoed. But nope...nothing. :lmao: Perhaps after the camera stopped rolling???

And for anyone that didn't read about my experience with this same "pizza dude" and therefore doesn't quite understand why I sent Brenda to "mess" with him just a bit, here is a LINK. ;)

Excellent start, Brenda! Bonus points for the video! :thumbsup2

$31 for 3 slices!!!:eek: :lmao: We always order a whole pizza that way it's fresh. Never trust the single slice! lol

And for anyone that didn't read about my experience with this same "pizza dude" and therefore doesn't quite understand why I sent Brenda to "mess" with him just a bit, here is a LINK. ;)

OHHHH! Of course! I remember that post and the ridiculous "if you ask for it I HAVE to give it to you!" story! I don't know how I didn't make the connection. I blame all the excitement on the review board lately! :laughing: How funny that it was the same guy!

Yuck to dry, tasteless pizza! I know exactly what you mean when you say you can tell before you even taste it just how it's going to be. Pizza gets an almost petrified look when it's been sitting under the heat lamps for a while ... dry, dull cheese and dried pepperoni chips are not my idea of good eating, LOL! Hopefully Michael will be more impressed with your next Disney food experience. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!