EMM?

DisneyCAL

DIS Veteran
We are interested in Early Morning Magic for our vacation in August. Although dates aren't posted yet, what are the latest reviews and rating on this event? I know easy wdw had good things to say but that was at the beginning when EMM was very new. I may be willing to spend more money for this rather than a PPO BOG breakfast.

I went the week after Thanksgiving and loved it. I think if you have small children (ours were 6 & 2) it is totally worth it. We were able to ride mine train, Peter Pan on Winnie the Pooh multiple times and the breakfast was decent. I plan to book for this November if it's offered.

I did EMM 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The breakfast was very good! The only issue was that the 7DMT was done for most of it. They allowed us to use the FP for it until noon so we rearranged things so that we cold take advantage of it! We really enjoyed EMM and would recommend it.

Bumping for recent EMM reviews...did anyone attend on 2/7 or 2/14? We have EMM scheduled for 2/28, and would love to hear if 7DMT has been running normally during recent EMMs...and how entry is working with the new MK opening procedure.

Thanks in advance!

Loved the one at DHS, gladly book again if returns
Disappointed with one at MK, won't book again

We were disappointed too. Mine Train was down for almost the entirety of the exclusive time. (this was January 31) Like someone else said, we were able to use our bands as fast passes until noon, but that meant we had to skip our other plans for the morning. It also turned out that my daughter was terrified of the Pooh ride - seeing the heffalumps that large was too scary. (go figure) They did have the carousel running, so she rode that 2 or 3 times and we did Peter Pan 3 times. Mine Train was still down, so we ate breakfast. By the time we finished breakfast, Mine Train was running, so we got one ride before the rest of the crowd was let in. Really a bummer. Disney needs a better system for the event - it seems like lots of people are having the same experience. I don't think I would do it again unless Mine Train was always up and running.

@HopperFan,
Funny, we had a much much better time at MK hands down, and rode 7DMT 11 times, Peter Pan once (that's all we wanted).
We were actually shocked at how wonderful the breakfast that was set up in Pinocchio's village haus (we heard not so good early reports) and we're able to get in 2 rides of BTMRR before the RD crowd got there. (BTMRR is NOT one of the attraction open during that period) but because we were there just before RD, they let us ride.
We liked HS, but the food was nowhere near as tasty.
With that opinion, we would absolutely do either of them again in a heartbeat!

Last edited:
Really hope they bring back the EMM for DHS too! I did it last summer and it was awesome! Best spend of my $$ on a special event!

Really hope they bring back the EMM for DHS too! I did it last summer and it was awesome! Best spend of my $$ on a special event!
We did it last year too and loved it, I really hope it's coming back but it's not looking very promising. It's not even listed as an event on the website anymore :(

Bumping for recent EMM reviews...did anyone attend on 2/7 or 2/14? We have EMM scheduled for 2/28, and would love to hear if 7DMT has been running normally during recent EMMs...and how entry is working with the new MK opening procedure.

Thanks in advance!

I thought I'd follow-up re: our experience on 2/28. We got EMM wristbands prior to park entry, and were let into the park at 7:45 am (along with guests heading to PPO breakfasts). Based on recent reviews, I was worried about getting stuck behind breakfast-goers at the Liberty Square Bridge, so we walked quickly down Main Street - but at the Bridge, we were "waved right in", and were first to arrive at 7DMT. We rode 7DMT 8 times (DH and I rode 4 times, then watched DDs ride another 4 times), Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan once, then went back for 2 more rides on 7DMT before breakfast (at 8:45 am).

Breakfast was very good, and not crowded at all. After breakfast (around 9:15 am), we headed to BTMR for a couple of rides before starting our clockwise journey through the park. We all enjoyed it, and would definitely consider doing EMM at Magic Kingdom again. We'd also do EMM at DHS in a heartbeat, if it was offered again!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter