EMM to do or not in August? suggestions please!

thaggie1

Mouseketeer
Me, my niece(29), my twin girls (16) going August 6-13 staying at GF. Tuesday is a planned MK day. I am considering doing EMM. Wondering in if in the FL heat it would be worthwhile. We are staying CL at GF so breakfast at EMM isn't a draw although we would grab a quick bite after the park opens.

My thought is that we would get these rides out of the way before the park opens and try to ride 7DMT more than once. This would free up FP+ for other rides and them try to make more FP reservations if available for that night. Since we are so close to our hotel we can head back for a swim break and return late in the day.

We are also going to hit EMH on Friday and the Dessert party and EMH on Wednesday night.

Does this sound like a good plan? Does EMM sell out or can I wait to buy the tickets? How crowded is it..is it possible to ride more than 1 time before the park opens? What attractions should I try to get after 9 and which should I save to try to get a SDFP or standby later in the day?

We did this last year. We rode 7DMT 7 times, did Pooh and Peter Pan probably about 4 times each. At 9 when the park opened we ran over to Space and rode that and then we headed over to Pinocchio house to have the breakfast, probably got there around 9:30/9:40. We thought it was worth it. It was nice to ride 7DMT several times and Peter Pan, something you just don't get to do.

We did Space at 10, Btmrr at 11 and then Splash at 12. After Splash we headed back to the room. We also went in August. Before we left we booked another FP for when we thought we would be back later in the day.

It's worth it in the summer months, especially staying at a deluxe where you can easily get back to your room during the hottest part of the day to recover. We could do everything we wanted before 11 then hit Kona and nap, then use FP after 7:00.

It's perfect for a half day...also depends on any evening EMH's. No evening EMH usually means greater crowds all day for the EMM park.

I would never plan on any of my teenagers being up early enough for EMH. Late EMH, sure, they were on Splash Mountain at 2am last trip, but early EMH, no way.

Thanks for all of the feedback! My girls are competitive swimmers and are up at 5:30 every morning all summer for a 3 hour practice so I'm sure they won't have a problem getting up for EMM! With us going in August I think like @pjweaver said it will be perfect to get a lot in before it gets too hot and we head back to GF to swim. I'm sold!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter