Emily PJ for 11/19/07 SBP/Attic/UK DP-Update 8/27/07 Wedding shower pics

You guys make such a cute couple....congratulations and everything looks wonderful so far....

Just in case you are curious, Claudine was supposed to be my daughter's WP also - and we had the same issues with nobody getting back in touch with us to answer questions - Heidi P told me that Claudine left because her husband was transferred to Chicago. Jennifer is now Katie's (DD) planner also. We have talked to her once (before she was off) and she seems like she is going to be on top of things. I know she told us she was moving last week...so maybe everything will settle down now....

Love the attic look too...Good Luck on the rest of your planning...:flower3:

emily,

we are planning the same wedding! we're going to have a morning ceremony, lunch at the attic and a desert party later! how many people are you having?

Sorry I have a question about the attic, looking at the pics on mouseweddings theya re great but what happens to all the furniture thats in there already? Do you use that as your reception furniture?

yes you use the same furniture that's in there. the attic is supposed to be a casual reception site. because the furniture is already there, you don't have to pay to add anything, but it's also why you can have a max of 50 people.

You guys make such a cute couple....congratulations and everything looks wonderful so far....

Just in case you are curious, Claudine was supposed to be my daughter's WP also - and we had the same issues with nobody getting back in touch with us to answer questions - Heidi P told me that Claudine left because her husband was transferred to Chicago. Jennifer is now Katie's (DD) planner also. We have talked to her once (before she was off) and she seems like she is going to be on top of things. I know she told us she was moving last week...so maybe everything will settle down now....

Love the attic look too...Good Luck on the rest of your planning...:flower3:

Thank you! it is good to know someone else felt like the fell through the cracks too. I had no hard feelings towards claudine, but I did expect Disney to pick up the slack a little bit. Jennifer just e-mailed me today and we are talking on Friday...so it looks like I am back on track!

emily,

we are planning the same wedding! we're going to have a morning ceremony, lunch at the attic and a desert party later! how many people are you having?

That is so cool we are planning such simlar stuff! You must have good taste ;) . I am having about 35 people. When is you wedding?

Sorry I have a question about the attic, looking at the pics on mouseweddings theya re great but what happens to all the furniture thats in there already? Do you use that as your reception furniture?

caryndisneydiva is right, you use the furniture that is there so if you want a more formal ballroom look this isn't the place for you. However, the cool thing is it is so decorated so you save money on decor. We wanted a really casual feel so it was perfect for us.

we're going to be married in january, i need to set the final date! we met at the boardwalk when we both worked there about 5 years ago, so the hotel is very special to us! after work we would go to the world showcase or mgm for dinner! such happy memories! i think we are going to have close to 50 people, so it's going to be cramped in the attic, but i just love the look of that place! we don't want a big fancy affair at all, so it's just perfect!!!

Good news! We finally made our Disney room reservations! We are getting married on a Monday and we are coming down the Friday before. We were orignally going to stay in the value resort on Friday night to save money before moving to the Boardwalk on Saturday when the rest of the bridal party gets there. But we decided to splurge and go Boardwalk for all the nights before our wedding.:yay: So we will be in the BW three nights and then move to the Wilderness lodge for the our wedding night and two nights after. The WL is not a part of our room block but Kristi told me we could stay anywhere we wanted to and I have always LOVED the WL. I feel a little bad that none of our guests will be staying there, but it will be nice to have some alone time :rolleyes:

More good news, we bought my wedding ring and ordered the DF's. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but I really wanted one with diamonds on it and this one looked like it was made to fit my ring. It wasn't actually a set but it could have been so once again, decided to spluge. (I am typically really cheap so that is a big deal for me!) Here is the pics.

Ring alone (it is so hard to get a good pic of a ring)
100_1060.jpg

with my e-ring ( again, not the best pic)
100_1057.jpg

Both on my hand (I actually have a really hard time not wearing it around the house! My DF keeps yelling at me telling me I can't wear it!
100_1063.jpg

Alright, all for now. I better go tend to the DF...he is sick with a stomach bug :sick: but I have been a good wife to be and made him homeade chicken noodle soup :goodvibes

we're going to be married in january, i need to set the final date! we met at the boardwalk when we both worked there about 5 years ago, so the hotel is very special to us! after work we would go to the world showcase or mgm for dinner! such happy memories! i think we are going to have close to 50 people, so it's going to be cramped in the attic, but i just love the look of that place! we don't want a big fancy affair at all, so it's just perfect!!!

Awww, that is so sweet; I never worked in Disney but I know what you mean about all the happy memories. A lot of our friends/family dosen't understand why we are getting married there and I try to explain to them how special it is to us but they don't get it. Not everyone is a disney person I suppose...:confused:

I know exactly what you mean about attic being perfect for not a big fancy affair. I just want it to be like a really cool dinner party and i think the attic will help us to get than feel. :goodvibes

More good news, we bought my wedding ring and ordered the DF's. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but I really wanted one with diamonds on it and this one looked like it was made to fit my ring. It wasn't actually a set but it could have been so once again, decided to spluge.
Both on my hand (I actually have a really hard time not wearing it around the house! My DF keeps yelling at me telling me I can't wear it!

Alright, all for now. I better go tend to the DF...he is sick with a stomach bug :sick: but I have been a good wife to be and made him homeade chicken noodle soup :goodvibes
I love your wedding ring.

Haha! Your fiance is like mine. My fiance had to hide our wedding rings so that I wouldn't keep putting it on. I just love how it looks!

Hope your DF feels better.

I love your wedding ring.

Haha! Your fiance is like mine. My fiance had to hide our wedding rings so that I wouldn't keep putting it on. I just love how it looks!

Hope your DF feels better.

He is much better thanks! I nursed him back to health:goodvibes

Hey everyone...I wasn't going to post anything tonight but then I remembered I hadn't posted my mom's dress yet! So here is that little story...

Mom's Dress
I know the mother of the brides dress typically isn't a huge deal but I love the way this dress it fits into our wedding. I can honestly say that my mom is my best friend and I would have had he as a bridesmaid but I didn't really feel comfortable with that; I felt my mom deserved a role that set her apart from the BMs. Just before we went dress shopping for the BMs I had decided I wanted my mom to walk me down the aisle with my dad. I hadn't told her yet because I wanted to sit down and talk to my dad about it to make sure he was okay with sharing the job with my mom. Orignally I had picked pink/ brown as my wedding colors and the bridesmaids were going to wear pink dresses w/brown sashes. While we were shopping I had my mom try on the opposite colors because I wanted her to match somewhat. She was complaing because she didn't want to wear brown and that she didn't know why it mattered because she didn't have anything important to do in the wedding anyway. Finally I got frustrated and blurted out I wanted her to match because she was going to walk me down the aisle. She got a little teared up and hugged me then raced in the dressing room to try on whatever I told her too :rotfl: .

Unfortunately we dropped the pink/brown idea because of tuxes and groomswomen and the colors became pink/black. Then my mom was bummed because she didn't want to wear black but didn't want to look just like the BMs either. So I did a little searching on line and found the perfect dress...pink and black all in one! At 1st she said it was to revealing for someone her age but I conviced her it was fine because she REALLY didn't want to look frumpy and just wanted something really pretty and fun to wear (Plus I know she loved the dress when she tried it on). She is just not the type to wear your typical MOTB with the little jackets; she is much funkier than that. And weall know the selection on there is slim for MOTB dresses. So here is the dress, I think we are going to get her a black wrap too. It is from Nordstroms.com.

_5347469.jpg

Here is a pic me and my mom...we look just a TINY bit alike :rotfl2:

196446347203_0_ALB.jpg

If anyone just started reading this PJ I apologize I erased the pics of my wedding dress. My DF said he wanted to look at some stuff on the Dis boards and is supper paranoied he will stumble across pics of me in my dress. I think if is just scared of he will be too tempted to look. Not seeing me in my dress before the ceremony is really important to him so I agreed to remove them. Sorry!:guilty:

Good News-finally talked to my planner!
If anyone has been following this you know I have had some planner issues. Well, I finally talked to my real wedding planner (Jennifer) today. She seemed very nice and answered all of my questions. It looks like we are going to be a little below our event min so I think we are going to add my fav character Donald Duck at the reception!:cool1: The DF isn't thrilled about this but since we are having an Donald Duck cake it seems he should be there to help cut it...right? ;) Seriously though, has anyone out there had characters at the wedding and felt it was worth the insane amount of money they charge for it??

Just catching up on your journal... I love your mom's dress it's so cute and fits your colors perfectly.

I wouldn't worry about your photographer. Especially since your wedding and reception are at non theme park locations I don't think you have as much to worry about... our wedding is at Epcot and I know there are some restrictions on where we can take our photos afterwards with our outside photographer (Randy Chapman.)

I'm so jealous that you were able to add in Donald Duck... I really wish we had room in the budget for a character :cool1:

Your mom's dress is gorgeous! I love that it's not just "plain black". Congrats on finding something so perfect for her!

Your wedding ring is beautiful, and you are right, it looks like your e ring was made to go with it! I love the m-o-t-b dress! Can't wait to hear more, everything sounds great!

Wedding Shower!

Alright...well Sunday was our wedding shower and it was so great. My mom and SIL (Leah) did a prirate themed shower...not really sure why, but that was the theme. Anyway, everything was a secret for me so when I got there it was a big surprise. The shower was a "family" shower. Guys, girls, kids, and dogs were invited. We did this because a lot of people who were invited to the wedding are not coming so this was a chance to see them even if they ca't make the wedding (we haven't decided on at home reception yet). So it was a big crowd! We had it in a local state park at a pavillion there.

This is a pic of the presents
100_1170.jpg

My SIL made the AMAZING signs that we pirate/disney themed...she drew all these
100_1155.jpg

100_1157.jpg

100_1153.jpg

She also decorated our presents with Donald and Daisy...she drew these too we managed to save them and we will be matting and framing them hopefully
100_1156.jpg

My SIL and her mom made these cookies for favors...we also had these really cute gold coins in little bags that said our names on them. My mom found those, but I guys I didn't get a pic of them
100_1159.jpg

The cake...from my favorite bakery
100_1169.jpg

The wedding party in front of the sign that said ahoy matey!...my dad made it. My SIL/MOH is the one on the far left.
100_1160.jpg

My bridesmaid Janel and I being pirates
100_1168.jpg

Me concentrating really hard on opening a card.
100_1173.jpg

Ben and I opening presents
100_1176.jpg

100_1175.jpg

And of course...my dog..the dog of honor was the one that wandered off and got in the mud somewhere! But she was really happy!
100_1167.jpg

The best present by far was my cake topper. My mom bought the cake topper I have posted earlier in this PJ and gave it to me as the last present. I was so happy! It will really make my wedding cake perfect! Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of me getting it. I put a 13yr old friend of the famiy in charge of taking pics with my camera and apparently she got bored and just left it sitting on a picnic table somewhere. Kinda annoying! So one else must have some though.

It was great!

It sounds like everyone had a great time! Your SIL is really talented, she did a fantastic job on all the signs and decorations. pirate: I absolutely love the Donald and Daisy that were on your packages. I'll have to go back through your journal to look at the pics of the cake topper again.

Your shower looked so great!!! I love the signs that your SIL made. She is very talented!!! I didnt get a chance to see your dress. Maybe you'll be able to post it again later!

you sil is so talented, those decorations are fabulous! i liked the pirate theme! it's cute for the summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter