Emergency Swim Trunks? Lol

Christin82

Mouseketeer
Hi, Everyone!

We just checked into the Tropicana for 7 nights and realized we left our son’s swim trunks at home, which we were hoping to use for the hot tub.

Is there anywhere in DTD or elsewhere that we could get him some shorts?

The hotel gift shops at the DLH or the GCH might have kids swim trunks. There is a surf shop in DTD (Curl Surf, https://disneyland.disney.go.com/shops/downtown-disney-district/curl-surf/) next to the main Starbucks -- they have kids clothing. There is a Target about a mile south of the parks on Harbor. (You could order online for pickup in store for a quick run.) Same with the Walmart about 5 minutes north of the parks in Fullerton. (You can see it from the 5 fwy.) And there is always Amazon for delivery to your hotel. Try the A Mart (on Harbor, between the Candy Cane Inn and the 7-11) -- I know they carry some clothing -- don't know about swim stuff, but you could call. CVS (24/7, on the corner of Katella and Harbor) might have something, too -- try calling.

Last edited:
Sorry I can't help with the swim trunks but we are staying at the Tropicana next month and wondering if the pool is open. I read on another site that it has been closed.

Have a wonderful time!

Yep, you can find lots of swim trunks in different shops there! Honestly, the gift shop at the Tropicana may have some too!

Sorry I can't help with the swim trunks but we are staying at the Tropicana next month and wondering if the pool is open. I read on another site that it has been closed.

Have a wonderful time!

We were at the Tropicana last week (flew home this past Sunday), and both the pool & hot tub were open (although we didn't use them, due to the unusually cold weather).

I would definitely go to Target and try CVS. All the other places seem like they would be ridiculously expensive for something he probably already has a pair of at home.
We went on a cruise once and my DH forgot his swim trunks. Those were the most expensive mickey swim trunks ever, but what are you gonna do? ;)

Across the street, down by the Candy Cane is the ABC Liquor store, and they have had swim suits in the past!
This is now the A Mart -- same store, same owner, same staff, different sign -- according to the staff, the owner thinks "A Mart" sounds better!

Thanks, guys! We found a pair at Target for a mere $5! Score! We are so excited to be here we can hardly stand it!
Glad everything worked out for you! Now have a great time in the parks (and in the pool)!

CVS and also Walgreens are helpful when items such as these are forgotten. Glad to hear you resolved the issue though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter