Emerald Island or Windsor Hills?

alibeau

DIS Veteran
Hi guys :goodvibes

Long time no speak!!! Hope you are all keeping well :goodvibes

We have started thinking about another trip to WDW in Feb 2010. We have previously stayed on the Formosa Gardens community but feel it is time for a change perhaps..... and we like the idea of having a few 'facilites' onsite that we can have a stroll to if the fancy takes us!!!!

I have had a quick look today and quite like the look of Windsor Hills and Emerald Island and so wondered if anyone had any views/opinions on these communities? Does anyone know how they compare? We do intend to spend a bit more time at the villa this time so it isn't just a case of somewhere to rest our heads! Or is there another community that you would heartily recommend?

Also, I don't suppose anyone has any inside info on whether Virgin may have an UC sale on Man to Mco - or am I just dreaming ;)

As I say, hope everyone is well and look forward to reading any feedback you might have...

Thanks,

Ali :goodvibes

Hi Ali,

Either of Emerald Island or Windsor Hills are excellent choices, and also well located.
You can't go wrong with either so you could perhaps base your decision on a particular villa.
WH overall is probably the nicest villa development in Kissimmee.
I would say it's a notch above most if not all of the others.

Terre Verde( where we stayed this year), Windsor Palms and Cumbrian Lakes (where we are staying next year) are also gated and nice too, but Windsor Hills I think is the number 1 and the communal facilities there good too - just be wary of the prices as they can be slightly more expensive here and also we had trouble finding one that was secluded and private at the back, one of the reasons we are staying at Cumbrian Lakes.

Hi there

We have stayed at WH - so can only comment on that.

We booked off VRBO - a 3br TH - I liked that it was gated and the TH suited us as there is one bedroom downstairs - that MIL stayed in as she now has difficulty with stairs.

We have been back twice and still like it :) The community pool was fine (there is also a jacuzzi) but it did get busy over Christmas.

I have read that EI is very similar but perhaps has more vegetation around the estate, do a few more things at the pool area - and I think has a small pool bar? (You would have to check).

Both are close to WDW :thumbsup2

Stayed at EI this year and loved it. Idealy placed for the parks and a range of restaurants at Formosa Gdns (our faves The Outback and Red Lobster). Enjoyed the tiki bar (except for plastic glasses!) and the tennis courts were great. Also the manned security a big bonus!

Thanks for your replies :goodvibes

I'm glad to hear that both EI and WH are nice as I think we will probably leave it til after xmas to book which will be quite short notice so knowing that we would be happy with either place takes the pressure off a bit!

Thanks again,

We've stayed at Emerald Island and Windsor Palms (not Hills) and thought both were fine.

We've found a townhouse (owned by an English family) on EI and it suits us perfectly, so we're off there aagoin next year.

Johnny's advice is spot on (as usual ;) ) to look at the villas available and see which one ticks all your boxes.

Hi Julie and thanks for your reply.

We are currently (well not at this precise moment :rolleyes1 :lmao:) trying for baby number three, so we are leaving it til the very last minute to book, so December is our last month of 'trying' and if no luck I'll get Florida booked for February.

I just feel so much more laid back about our choice of villa community this time, just wanted to run EI and WH past you all to get your thoughts as I am presuming that we won't have the pick of the bunch with booking so late....

Thanks again :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter