Embroidery Designs

artie_h

Earning My Ears
Has anyone here digitized the DVC logo for a Brother Embroidery machine? My wife and I would like to make a hat, but the ones we receive from the DVC reps on the ships are getting old - my wife would really like a bucket hat, which she is willing to make, but needs to add the logo. Any help would be appreciated. These, of course, are personal use, not to sell. Maybe give a few away!)

Will the machine only take the "brother" brand cartridges? It looks like an SD card. Could you find the perfect size card and add the logo yourself? Or will the machine only take actual brother cards??

Designs have to be either in .pes or .pen format. We can download from a cd or download off the "net" to a card.

I know you are just digitizing for yourself, but isn't that still copywright infringement.

Disney is very agresive in pursing people, even crafters that use their emblems/logos without a proper copywright.:confused:

I know you are just digitizing for yourself, but isn't that still copywright infringement.

Disney is very agresive in pursing people, even crafters that use their emblems/logos without a proper copywright.:confused:

Absolutely it's a copyright infringement!!! You can NOT just make the logo...even for yourself. You need to pony up and buy a hat at one of the stores. They had them at OKW this month.

Absolutely it's a copyright infringement!!! You can NOT just make the logo...even for yourself. You need to pony up and buy a hat at one of the stores. They had them at OKW this month.

I don't think that becomes an issue, unless they were selling the items for profit. I believe I've read somewhere that you can use the images for YOUR personal enjoyment, but not for resale. Otherwise, why would there be SO many Disney images on the internet?

I own a Brother machine but I have not had time to digitize the DVC logo. It takes a lot of hours and I just have not gotten around to do it. I have digitized my own Mickey mouse logo - simple solid Mickey with fill and a tiny satin outline stitch. That took over a month to do! with many test sew outs. I use it as a simple logo on my WDW shirts and jackets that I embroidery myself. I even use the Walt O Graph font and used my software to convert it so I can digitize sayings such as: Walt Disney World Where Dreams Come True

No this is not copyright violation, I do not sell the design nor do I sell items with the my digitized design sewn. This is only for my own use. Yes I wear my embroidered tops and jackets on property with no problems.

I have several Disney shirts, as in sleeveless polos to T shirts to jackets all with my embroidery. I decide placement and I can change colors if I so choose to do that. I wear these shirts into WDW and get many compliments from Cast Members. I also get asked, where did you get that? My answer, I made it.

So far my only digitized design that I have done is the tiny Mickey logo. I often use the Disney designs I purchase from iBroidery from Brother's website. There are designs galore on their website. If you want to embroider Disney designs you have to own a Brother Disney machine. I often combine designs.

I wish I could help a fellow DVC member but I can't because I don't have the design. I wish Disney would offer the DVC logo to buy because I would buy it in a heartbeat.

To digitize it a person needs to scan line art, and go from there but again, it takes time. Disney doesn't care as long as you don't make money off of their designs. With all of the embroidery designs available to buy, they know people won't take the time to digitize their own. Check out iBroidery and you will be surprised how many designs are out there for purchase to be used on the Brother Disney machines. It isn't cheap but it is fun! and the items are higher quality than what you can buy in the parks.

My favorite item I embroidered: my Wall-E Polo. The only place a Wall-E embroidery design is available is on the Brother Quattro 2. It comes with 2 built in along with a bunch of others. I also love my 11 1/4" Mickey that I put on a back of a LLBean fleece. I could do a 11 11/4" Pooh Bear too.

So if the Disney behind the scenes people are reading this, please do a DVC logo! Members would buy it.

If they were selling hats, that would be one thing, but to make it for your own use, it is not copyright infringement.

If they were selling hats, that would be one thing, but to make it for your own use, it is not copyright infringement.

While that's true, it still could be a copyright infringement if they then shared that pattern with others.

While that's true, it still could be a copyright infringement if they then shared that pattern with others.

Giving an item made with Disney artwork is not copyright infringement either. If it was a problem, I think Disney would stop selling all their Mickey Mouse rubber stamps and sewing machine software and cartridges for the die cut machines that have Disney artwork on them.

The OP does not need to cough up the cash to make themselves a hat with Disney stuff on it, they can make their own. and they can make me one too, if they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts