Elliot Dyson - Port Orleans French Quarter Scat Cat Club - fans

Disney is telling people that he will be back after renovations, but it isn't true. His contract was terminated.

I've just heard from one of my contacts at Port Orleans that this is indeed related to the lobby refurb at POFQ, during which time they will not have any live music - but that entertainment will be returning to the area sometime afterwards. He says this means Elliot could easily return after then, but equally the entertainment division might also be looking at other options matching with the theme of the resort. In short, Elliot might get offered a new contact after the hiatus, but it looks like no decision has been made. I have no idea whether they've put it to him in those sort of terms though. I'd guess the reduction in bar takings would be what the suits would notice most though.

Andre

So, is anyone planning on going to Elliot's last night at Scat Cat's tonight? I really do hope this is only "au revoir" rather than goodbye, and that Disney do the right thing and bring him back after the lobby refurb.

Andre

Good point about "loud" pool activities. I would much rather they cut those daily pool parties than Elliot. We'll miss him.

I really do hope this is only "au revoir" rather than goodbye, and that Disney do the right thing and bring him back after the lobby refurb.

Ditto, and I hope a lot of people show tonight to let him know he'll be missed.

It appears that Elliott has been permantely replaced.

Portorleans.org is reporting that Tom Casey will be performing at Scat Cat's Club beginning on 7/19.

Now that the lobby refurbishment at Port Orleans French Quarter is complete, entertainment offerings at Scat Cat’s Lounge will resume on Friday, July 19.

Musician Tom Casey will join Scat Cat’s Lounge, performing a dynamic blend of piano and jazz vocals. Tom has previously performed at a variety of venues across the Walt Disney World Resort, including providing vacation cover for French Quarter's previous resident musician, Elliot Dyson.

Performances will take place Friday through Monday at 8:30pm, 9:30pm and 10:30pm. There are no performances scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.

Last year (Mar 2012) when we arrived at POFQ at 11 PM, and the renovations were underway, Elliott was going strong in his show. With no appreciation for Elliott at the time, we were quite annoyed when we had to shout too be heard while checking in.

The problem, however wasn't Elliott, but the layout. He is trying to entertain people while playing 40-50 feet away from the check-in counters.

We sat in on his shows a couple of nights and our teen son said Elliott's shows were his favorite part of the trip. He's a fantastic entertainer and will be hard to replace.

Disney is telling people that he will be back after renovations, but it isn't true. His contract was terminated.

Was it terminated due to Disney's choice or his choice? DS is also a musician, who met him when he (DS) was starting his career. At that time, Elliot also played at Universal Studios. We'll never forget his kindness-at that time Elliot was also playing at the Jazz Club in the (former) Pleasure Island. Since he knew DS needed experience performing in front of groups, he invited DS to join him in performing. A great performer, and also a class act. If his termination was his choice, OK, but if Disney's, very poor move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter