Elliot Dyson - Port Orleans French Quarter Scat Cat Club - fans

cruisingkat

DIS Veteran
FYI - sad news for Elliot Dyson fans. This week 5/1 -5/4 will be Elliot's last week performing. :( . He has been laid off by Disney. We sure will miss his wonderful performances.

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

• crazy4wdw

Co-Moderator, Restaurant Board
    That certainly is very sad news! I always enjoying seeing him when staying at the French Quarter and was looking forward to seeing him again this year. More cutbacks by Disney! I wonder if Yee Haw Bob at Riverside is going to be cut?

etail

Episodic Veteran
    Sad. All too common of Disney and live musicians on the payroll. Easier to hire short term workers under the guise of "variety" perhaps. Makes me worry about the other musicians working Disney hotels and events.

Sue M

DIS Veteran
    That certainly is very sad news! I always enjoying seeing him when staying at the French Quarter and was looking forward to seeing him again this year. More cutbacks by Disney! I wonder if Yee Haw Bob at Riverside is going to be cut?
    Doubtful, Bob jackson draws a huge crowd.

• bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
    Darn! We haven't seen him was looking fwd to it in Sept! Does that mean no live entertainment anymore?

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

excited4disney2012

Mouseketeer
    What?! That's crazy! We really enjoyed him on our last trip in January. He was great! We hung out at Scat Cat's a couple nights just to watch him.

diskids2

<font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag
    Disappointing! I was going to spend an evening over at Scat Cat's to see him perform. Well not now. Less money for me to spend on alcohol.

• MickeyEars

DIS Veteran
    We got an email from him last week telling us about his dismissal. He said Disney told him the main reason they were letting him go was because he was too loud but Disney preferred to tell guests it was because of the lobby renovations.
    One night during our last trip we stayed for his entire show. He kept picking on me and would just laugh when my face turned bright red. :blush:
    We really enjoyed him. He will be missed.

Carla

cmhguy

Mouseketeer
    I just saw this news over on the Unofficial PO site...I was really bummed... We have never seen him before, and this time, I set aside a couple of evenings to enjoy some resort time....this was on the agenda... real bummer...

Sue M

DIS Veteran
    True, but although he's somewhat lower key than Bob on the Disney radar, Elliot's shows are always well-attended too. I for one will miss him. :(

Andre
    Yes, I will too. We stayed at FQ for the first time in January, and we enjoyed his show. Lovely man.

Sue M

DIS Veteran
    We got an email from him last week telling us about his dismissal. He said Disney told him the main reason they were letting him go was because he was too loud but Disney preferred to tell guests it was because of the lobby renovations.
    One night during our last trip we stayed for his entire show. He kept picking on me and would just laugh when my face turned bright red. :blush:

Carla
    Too loud :confused3 that has got to be the lamest excuse ever.

NewCrew42

One Day I'll be a Galactic Hero!
    Oh no, I was looking forward to relaxing at the resort one evening and listening to him. :( I guess that will be less money I spend at the resort.

cruisingkat

DIS Veteran

Carla
    Disney is telling people that he will be back after renovations, but it isn't true. His contract was terminated.

cruisingkat

DIS Veteran
    Disappointing! I was going to spend an evening over at Scat Cat's to see him perform. Well not now. Less money for me to spend on alcohol.
    We always plan our Disney trips so we are there Wednesday through Saturday so we can see him no matter where we stay - even if we are at Universal. We booked POFQ for his last night and most likely our last stay there. I too will be spending less on drinks and I guess we will be getting more rest on our trips as we won't have anywhere to go in the evening.

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS