Elemis Pro-Collagen Grooming Treatment with Shave

Fatima1922

DIS Veteran
Has anyone experienced this treatment? I am debating whether I should book this for my DH. I don't want to ask him because he will tell me no! It sounds like something he would enjoy once he gets there but with him, I never know.

Also has anyone done the couple Swedish massage with their DH or BF. The last time I booked a massage for my DH it was a deep tissue massage. I thought that would be good for him. He is pretty athletic, he plays golf and is a fire fighter. Well he told me it hurt and I should have saved my money. Well that was 8 years ago and since then I never booked another spa treatment for him! Swedish massages are not as intense and I thought this would be pretty romantic. On the flip side, I don't want to hear him complain about how much I spent on this treatment.

I booked the Elemis treatment for my DH for a Christmas gift. He will not have it until February 21 though. I think he will like it. I mentioned the other day that if he doesn't want it, I will cancel (since it's so much money!!) but he said no, he would like the massage part of it most of all. I think it would be a treat for any man to have someone do the shave part. Isn't that a drag for them? I suspect he will really love it!

I booked the Elemis treatment for my DH for a Christmas gift. He will not have it until February 21 though. I think he will like it. I mentioned the other day that if he doesn't want it, I will cancel (since it's so much money!!) but he said no, he would like the massage part of it most of all. I think it would be a treat for any man to have someone do the shave part. Isn't that a drag for them? I suspect he will really love it!

It a treat for me not to have to clean the sink:rotfl2:

A friend of mine went on the Baltic last summer and her DH had the treatment (shave) twice. She said he absolutely loved it.

I have it booked for myself. Will give me something to do while my wife prepares for our date at Remy. I will report on it in march :)

My wife and I usually do this on most cruises. It makes for a great date. At the end of the treatment, they will place your hands together. Since your eyes are covered I pretended I thought it was the therapist holding my hand which was even funnier considering my therapist was male!

I wanted to get this for my DH also , but the only time left was at our Dinner time. So I ended up getting him the express shave. He's never had any spa treatment so he'll probably like it :)

The treatment was one of the most relaxing experiences I have ever had. It is a collagen facial treatment, scalp, neck, hand massage as well as a double close shave, once with foam and oil, then just oil. My face never felt smoother. The only problem is now I have a lot of bumps and ingrown hairs that they said I wouldn't have. My skin has felt irritated. I would not do it again, the shave part.

This feels like a really silly question, but my husband has a mustache and goatee - would he still enjoy this or is it more for someone who wants a clean shave?

My DW and I have not been on a Disney Cruise without having a couples massage...It's a wonderful time spent together, away from traveling companions (ie: children)...It is one of the most relaxing parts of our trip. Haven't missed one yet and have one booked for our January Anniversary cruise to the Western Carribbean.

As far as the treatment for your DH, GO FOR IT...I used to have a barber (when I had hair :scared1:) that would use a straight edge razor on my face and neck...It was the best part of the haircut...I'm sure he'll enjoy the experience and your thoughfulness!!!

Enjoy your cruise...

This feels like a really silly question, but my husband has a mustache and goatee - would he still enjoy this or is it more for someone who wants a clean shave?

Not silly at all. My DH did this in August and loved it (although I think initially he only agreed to do it to make me happy!) They trimmed his mustache and goatee as part of the treatment.

For that matter, my DD did the family "spa taster" at the same time - it was how they recommended her to be able to enjoy something in the spa area since she's only 12. She was the only "family member" to participate so she took all 5 sample treatments for herself. They had her seated next to DH in the salon so they had a father/daughter "spa" experience. Who would have guessed! They had a great hour or so together then went for ice cream. No way they'd ever bond over shared smooth skin any other way (or, I suspect, ever again!)

No, they do not use straight razors due to safety. It was explained to me that due to the uncontrollable nature of the ship's motion, they cannot use a straight razor blade.

I know this thread was quite old, but I do agree with an earlier poster. I've done this experience twice and both times was left with many bumps and ingrown hairs. I do not have that issue at my local barber after similar treatments.

I did the shave last year. It was not with a straight razor. They said it was due to safety reasons since, you know, it's on a ship... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter