Electric Hot Water Kettle- TSA

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Can I take an electric hot water kettle through airport security in my carryon bag? Would there be any reason why I couldn't? There won't be any water in it yet :-)lmao:).

I would probably feel OK taking one through security. Take it out of the bag, put it in a bin, give yourself extra time in case they get worried...but I bet it would be fine. Maybe bring the broken down box or the instructions for their extra piece of mind?

Can I take an electric hot water kettle through airport security in my carryon bag? Would there be any reason why I couldn't? There won't be any water in it yet :-)lmao:).

There's no reason to expect any problem or delay with an empty electric hot water kettle in your carryon bag. It's not a weapon, and it does not have the dense electronics and battery of a laptop computer.

I would probably feel OK taking one through security. Take it out of the bag, put it in a bin, give yourself extra time in case they get worried...but I bet it would be fine. Maybe bring the broken down box or the instructions for their extra piece of mind?

There is no reason to take an electric hot water kettle out of the carryon. That would only delay things.

Also, I would not want to put something that's used for food and beverage preparation in a bin that had dirty shoes and all sorts of other things in it.

In the extremely unlikely case that a TSA agent wants to examine it more closely or check it for explosives after it goes through the scanner, you can remove it then.

There's no reason to expect any problem or delay with an empty electric hot water kettle in your carryon bag. It's not a weapon, and it does not have the dense electronics and battery of a laptop computer.

There is no reason to take an electric hot water kettle out of the carryon. That would only delay things.

Also, I would not want to put something that's used for food and beverage preparation in a bin that had dirty shoes and all sorts of other things in it.

In the extremely unlikely case that a TSA agent wants to examine it more closely or check it for explosives after it goes through the scanner, you can remove it then.

:thumbsup2

I'm gonna pack it.

Sure, there's no good reason for it to be worrisome, but I'm certain that there are people in this country who have never heard of, let alone seen, an electric water kettle. So...make it easy on them.

I've dealt with TSA people who want to put the bag through back and forth for a good 5 minutes before actually deciding to open the zipper, and that is frustrating. So I try to make things easy on them. Won't give up my funky-shaped MP3 player for them (they just want things to be ipod shaped, ya know? that's the one that took nearly 5 minutes) but if I were carrying something more unusual with me, I'd put it in a bin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter