Elderly adults...Where to rest

TravelToo

The Magic of Disney
Was wondering if anyone could give us some advice on where bench seating is on main street possibly near the rose garden for a group of elderly adults who will be visiting disneyworld and like to watch a parade or the fireworks.

there are several benches in the area - but be careful about the rose garden - you have to walk down that was not a problem - but getting back out for mother was - the climb is kinda steep in places.

now she gets a wheelchair.

there are benches all over WDW - so that shouldn't be a problem - now finding an empty one when the park is crowded might be - just go slow. drink lots and lots of water.

The hub in front of the castle has benches surrounding it. I'd get there early (esp. if there is a showing of the Cinderella show that will end about an hour before the parade, then they'll have a seat for the show, the parade and the fireworks. Of course--they may have to discourage people from standing in front of them....

I noticed when we were there in May and again last week that they have removed most of the benches in Town Square on street level and around the hub. Wonder why?

I know, I was wondering the same thing - my parents are 70 and Mom just had a knee replacement and Dad has cancer and they both can't walk far without taking rests....

Another nice place to watch the parade is next to the Liberty Tree Tavern. There are rocking chairs on the porch. Since it is on a porch and raised a bit, you have a good view of the parade.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter