Egg-stravaganza Returns to Disneyland Resort March 16, 2018

The Parks Blog just posted their piece on the egg-extravaganza!
Egg-stravaganza Returns to Disneyland Resort March 16

No picture of the prize eggs in the article, but my guess is it'll be the same ones (Sulley, Mike, Mickey, Minnie, Cinderella, and Belle) that will be offered at Epcot. Three hunts again this year (Disneyland, DCA, and DTD) and they end on April 1st (Easter Sunday).

We have not done this before, but it would be fun this year now that my son is 3. Do you recall if the prize eggs are unique to each park or if all the options are available whether you redeem the map at DCA or DL?

The same prize eggs were available at all of the redemption locations, so it didn't matter if you had a DL, DCA, or DTD map. I haven't tried redeeming a DL map in DCA (or vice-a-versa) because the general advice is to redeem your map as soon as you buy it (e.g., if you buy it in Elias & Co, head over to the Elias & Co redemption location), so that's what I've always done. That way, you don't have to go back later in the day (when the lines tend to be longer) to redeem your map. You get the prize whether you find all of the eggs or not.

Does any one remember if they took the eggs down right after Easter last year (when the hunt technically ended)? I have some friends that are going the week starting with Easter and they were wondering if they'd at least be able to see the eggs or not.

We will be there on the first I hope they will be up for a few days after. It will be fun to hunt them even without a prize.

Maybe we can hope that they'll stay up longer this year because Easter is earlier in the season. Last year Easter, the last day of the SoCal AP blockouts, and the egg hunt were all on the same day; this year, the blockout extends to the Sunday after Easter. Still I suppose, they've tended to sell out of the maps prior to Easter, so maybe that's why the eggs come down (no maps = less interest).

Maybe we can hope that they'll stay up longer this year because Easter is earlier in the season. Last year Easter, the last day of the SoCal AP blockouts, and the egg hunt were all on the same day; this year, the blockout extends to the Sunday after Easter. Still I suppose, they've tended to sell out of the maps prior to Easter, so maybe that's why the eggs come down (no maps = less interest).
Since they actually specify that the hunts end April 1, I'm guessing they won't extend it longer... even though I wish they would!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter