Educated guess for POTC closure?

disneymouse16

Mouseketeer
I know they said the auction scene was going to be reimagined in 2018 on Pirates. Any ideas when that might be? We are looking at an early spring break visit (March 13th-17th) I'm wondering if it seems likely it will be down at that time? Pirates is a favorite and one I would consider rearranging a trip for!

An uneducated guess is that PotC will be down sometime between mid-January and early to mid-March.

Gack! I know by going on President's Weekend I get crowds, the probable closure of water rides, and shorter hours, but the possibility of no Pirates? Say is isn't so!!

Ugh. That'll be two March visits in a row that it'll be down for. I don't mind for myself because we had APs and got to go several times after it re-opened, but I go with a friend on a girls' trip in March, and that'll be twice that she's had to miss it.

They announced when POTC will be closed at WDW... Feb 26-Mar 18. Hoping they announce when DL will be closed soon!!

We’ve seen the updated version at DLP and it’s awful. No atmosphere in that bit any more for me.

I liked it for you! :love2:
Now reveal your Buzz secrets dang it!!

Well -- I'd say it's more strategies rather than secrets. Here are a few of my main ones:

• Only go for high-value targets. Don’t waste time on circles or squares (just as in real life ;-)).
• Shoot high-value targets as many times as possible, not just once or twice.
• Don’t stop shooting when the ride stops. Shoot high-value targets as many times as possible.
• Do the ride at least five times. Early in the morning (shortly after opening) you can do four or five rides virtually in a row.

Hope these help :-).

Well -- I'd say it's more strategies rather than secrets. Here are a few of my main ones:

• Only go for high-value targets. Don’t waste time on circles or squares (just as in real life ;-)).
• Don’t stop shooting when the ride stops. Shoot high-value targets as many times as possible.
• Do the ride at least five times. Early in the morning (shortly after opening) you can do four or five rides virtually in a row.

I tried your tips on my last trip and my score still wasn't great. My conclusion is my aim stinks. Need to work on that. ;-)

I tried your tips on my last trip and my score still wasn't great. My conclusion is my aim stinks. Need to work on that. ;-)

Another thing I should have mentioned is that, while most of the guns have decent aim, some outright suck. That comes down to luck of the draw.

We finally took the time on our last trip to figure out what shapes were high value and it made a huge difference! We wondered why we sucked so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter