Edit to add TR- PTR and snow watch-1st time at BCV

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
So, in July we booked a trip to WDW for January 25-30. It is during semester break for our DDs (8th graders) and our DS (will be 16 on the 31st) is home schooled right now. Our last trip to the World was a big family (inlaws) trip for Christmas 2011. While it was a fun time, it was pretty crowded and having been in January before we really wanted to get back to the World at a low crowd time like January. We saw on the school schedule where our DDs had a half day this Friday and are off on Monday and Tuesday and thought, 'perfect...let's do it'. What I didn't consider is A- semester break days are used to make up inclement weather closings during exam week (which is this week)...B- this Friday (a half day) is HS exam day that we were going to have our MS DDs miss and fly out around 11am (flights booked in July)...well MS teachers give benchmarks on exam days and my DDs are also in 2 HS classes that will have exams this week (Spanish did exam last week...so just Geometry has exam this week)...and C- SNOW.

So, I e-mail the teachers 2 weeks ago and to make a long story short a couple teachers were not very pleased my DDs were going to miss this Friday. One teacher threatened to give a zero on my DDs benchmark if she didn't complete it before we left for vacation and this had my DD a bit anxious. My DDs are principal/honor roll students...never in trouble...are Jr National honor society and in 2 HS classes (Span and Geom) and will be in honors classes next year and I'd hate for them to be punished because I booked a trip when they work so hard for their grades....so I changed to a later flight on Friday so they could go to school that day...for an extra $450 :crazy2:. Then the teacher who threatened to give a zero (which I went through the process to get the absences declared excused from the principal, so she actually could NOT give my DD a zero) e-mails me and says that my DD's benchmark for her class was Wed and Thur anyway.....:furious:.

Now, I am watching the weather and I see snow on the forecast for Friday. Not sure when and how bad. But if school gets cancelled that day, they will make it up Monday and we will be in Disney. If we get through the school day and get to the airport for our 2:40 flight, I worry about delays or flying in bad weather. I will be watching the weather over the next few days. I also hope that the sunny FL weather that's been going on the past week continues for our trip (my SIL was just there and had the best weather).

I also got my kids and I the flu shot this year. Did NOT want to be sick at the World. But, my DDs' friends, who they sit with at lunch, have all been passing around some illness (sore throat, fever, cough) and the little darlings have been still attending school with said illness. From what my girls tell me, these friends all got the flu shot too but still are sick with this illness and they had to get an antibiotic (but DDs don't know what for). The last friend to get it started with her symptoms on Friday and last night I heard one DD coughing at bedtime. She was fine this morning, so fingers are crossed...no fever please.

That's the Pre-pre trip report. And for the trip details: we will be in a 2BR at BCV. This will be our very first time at BCV. We are super excited about this! It will be DH and I (both turn the big 40 this year) and DS who will turn 16 the day after we get back from our trip and my twin DDs who will be 14 in a month. We booked the 2BR with 2 queen beds in the studio part and I requested 3rd floor with pool view or courtyard view...I think there are about 6 2BR villas with 2 queens that would be in the area we requested. When the MS lady reiterated my request, though, she only mentioned pool view. So, I am not sure if courtyard is an option (it may be bunched in with pool view?). We shall see where we end up. I'd like to be on the side near the courtyard view rooms but really...as long as we are at Disney, I will be very happy. We land around 5:10 and have dinner ADRs at Cape May that night for 7:10. Then we plan to head to Epcot for EMH until 11pm. We also purchased the PAPs and will need to pick those up. Another little factoid about our trip...the DH decided to go on Atkins a couple weeks ago. We had to change from San Angel Inn the first night to Cape May so that he can find some low carb options to eat (San Angel isn't the best for low carb). This should be challenging as he has already looked at CS menus to see what he'll be able to eat in the parks for lunch and he's not too happy. I told him my solution and that is to do TS for lunch too :thumbsup2. He also wouldn't mind doing some breakfast buffets (eggs and bacon are his go-to low carb meals) in the late morning and then doing our TS ADRs for dinner, thus eliminating the need for CS lunch. We have the TIW card as well, so we get 20% off most places.

That's my PTR for now. Will be keeping an eye on the weather and will update on here as we go. By the way, we are flying out of BWI via SW and will use the DME to get over to BCV. We will not rent a car. We ordered a few grocery items from the resort via the order form. This will be a first for us. We have driven to WDW most trips (flew for the 1st time on our last trip at Xmas 2011) and would hit the grocery store ourselves. Our last trip that we did fly in for, we ordered groceries from WeGoShop and LOVED them. They got everything we wanted and delivered them at the perfect time. They even put the things away for us. We needed more things for that trip as we were sharing a 2BR with MIL and FIL and it was 6 nights. This trip is just us 5 and only 5 nights, so I figured I'd just order a few things from the resort and it will be in our villa that first night. So, all set...just need to clean, pack, take the dogs to the kennel and watch the weather.

Wow...so sounds like we are in a similar boat in a few ways. When I read your report about the days off I realized we just might live in the same county in MD. We are doing a whirlwind weekend trip this weekend too. Differences are we are driving Thursday and driving back Monday. I have a middle schooler and two elementary school kids. I am surprising my kids so I had not even considered the impact to school. I am now wondering if my middle schooler who is far from an honors of A student will miss anything. I was not planning on telling the teachers ahead of time of him missing school. We will just see how that goes. Personally I am hoping they do have a snow day and miss Friday as that means he doesn't miss school at all and I won't need to take leave for work.

NOTE: I just checked the policy again and realized that if school closes on Friday then it will be open Monday...and closed Tues and Wed instead. Oops! It still means my kids miss one day of school though...but it means they can sleep in Wed after we travel all day Tuesday. That might be better for them.

You will love BCV...one of our faves. As members since 2006 we have stayed in all of the WDW DVC resorts. This trip we are at our 'home' of SSR. I cannot wait to leave this cold weather behind!

Wow...so sounds like we are in a similar boat in a few ways. When I read your report about the days off I realized we just might live in the same county in MD. We are doing a whirlwind weekend trip this weekend too. Differences are we are driving Thursday and driving back Monday. I have a middle schooler and two elementary school kids. I am surprising my kids so I had not even considered the impact to school. I am now wondering if my middle schooler who is far from an honors of A student will miss anything. I was not planning on telling the teachers ahead of time of him missing school. We will just see how that goes. Personally I am hoping they do have a snow day and miss Friday as that means he doesn't miss school at all and I won't need to take leave for work.

You will love BCV...one of our faves. As members since 2006 we have stayed in all of the WDW DVC resorts. This trip we are at our 'home' of SSR. I cannot wait to leave this cold weather behind!
I can't wait to get out of the cold too. We usually drive but flew for the 1st time for our last trip and now love the ease of it. We booked our flights early and shopped for the best deal and got it for just under $200 pp and then had to change and pay $90 more pp...uggghhhh. That's a crazy drive for a long weekend. We once did that drive to get on a 3 day cruise out of Port Canaveral and then drove right back home (just DH and I). It was exhausting, but it can be done. Getting there isn't as bad as that painful trip home (who wants to go home, right?). But at least you can control when you leave and can hopefully beat the snow...or get out of here before the snow starts.

If school gets cancelled on Friday they will make that day up on Monday since it's an exam day (that's why we have that Mon and Tue off as built in make-up days...we are in AACPS). I hope we get through at least 1st period on Friday (that's the only class my DDs will still be taking a test for...all others will be done on Thur). I wish I didn't notify the school but my kids know about the trip and talk too much, so I was afraid their teachers would hear and then they could make the absence unexcused and anything they miss would be zeros (I don't think there will be much going on Friday though...it's the last day of the semester and I think everything will be pretty much done).

Have fun on your trip. I know we can't wait. It's dang freezing out there right now. Safe travels!

LOL I corrected my post before I read yours and added what you said about exams. Yes we are AA county too. So I'm just not going to stress about it. Sorry but it is middle school and NOT HS so grades are really not that crucial at this stage. Family time is more important and we need it. We are going with our 3 kids AND my MIL and FIL (who is 70 and LOVES Disney!) so looking forward to it. I have a TR from our last trip (NOV) in progress as well as a PTR for this trip all here is you want to read more about our plans.

I am with you on this bitter cold though. Wrapped up in my slanket as I type this!

Weather update: My DM called today and I told her my concerns for Friday and she told me that she thought the snow was coming later in the day...so as long as our school superintendent doesn't jump the gun and cancel school the night before or morning of...well hopefully it should work out ok. I just want them to get to school for part of the day...if they close early (it's already a 2 hour early dismissal day) that will be fine. I also hope we don't have too many issues with flying in bad weather...I am not good with flying in the best conditions. Also, looked at weather.com and wundergroud and wunderground looks more promising in that it has 20% chance of precip and has it mixed with rain and in the afternoon more. Weather.com has it as 70% chance of snow and seems to be during the day. I like wunderground's forecast...I'll go with that :thumbsup2

I will say that I don't think we'll vacation this time of year again, though. It's just been too much worry. As much as DH loves the low crowds, we'll just have to find another time. I'd like to go for F&W one year. Since we are doing 2 trips this year, we plan to do HH next year and then will be back to WDW in 2015 sometime, but it won't be January.

LOL I corrected my post before I read yours and added what you said about exams. Yes we are AA county too. So I'm just not going to stress about it. Sorry but it is middle school and NOT HS so grades are really not that crucial at this stage. Family time is more important and we need it. We are going with our 3 kids AND my MIL and FIL (who is 70 and LOVES Disney!) so looking forward to it. I have a TR from our last trip (NOV) in progress as well as a PTR for this trip all here is you want to read more about our plans.

I am with you on this bitter cold though. Wrapped up in my slanket as I type this!

I am trying not to stress about it either. I agree...I mean what I did in middle school never mattered in the grand scheme of things, so it will be fine. And family time is the most important...we had a heck of a year last year and just got final resolution on a big situation today (a situation that has been going on since April...well really longer than that)...this trip is our much needed celebration. You are going with the inlaws huh? We have done that and are probably doing it again for this coming Christmas (we bought the special priced PAPs and need to use them again and MIL really wants to go for Xmas). It can be challenging (vacationing with the inlaws), but the kids enjoy it (and I truly do too) and it's good to make memories with the family while you can...you just never know....

I thought I'd post our current ADR plans.
Fri- dinner at Cape May
Sat- lunch at Yak and Yeti and late dinner at Chefs De France (1st time)
Sun- dinner at Kouzzina (1st time)
Mon- dinner at Garden Grill (1st time)
Tue- DS's birthday dinner...late dinner for grand finale at Ohana

We likely will do a breakfast at Captains Grill. They have a great reasonably priced breakfast buffet...we have not been before but it was recommended and we are at the Beach Club so it's convenient. I'd also like to try a breakfast at Boma...if we can get over there one morning. We had planned to do a lunch at Via Napoli, but with DH on Atkins that is now OUT. I also heard Kouzzina has a great breakfast we could try. I also will most definitely get a No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream and I am sure my 2 DDs will be right there with me (too bad for DH and his Atkins :wave2:). Luckily it's January and walk-ins are not bad to do this time of year.

lovin'fl said:
I thought I'd post our current ADR plans.
Fri- dinner at Cape May
Sat- lunch at Yak and Yeti and late dinner at Chefs De France (1st time)
Sun- dinner at Kouzzina (1st time)
Mon- dinner at Garden Grill (1st time)
Tue- DS's birthday dinner...late dinner for grand finale at Ohana

We likely will do a breakfast at Captains Grill. They have a great reasonably priced breakfast buffet...we have not been before but it was recommended and we are at the Beach Club so it's convenient. I'd also like to try a breakfast at Boma...if we can get over there one morning. We had planned to do a lunch at Via Napoli, but with DH on Atkins that is now OUT. I also heard Kouzzina has a great breakfast we could try. I also will most definitely get a No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream and I am sure my 2 DDs will be right there with me (too bad for DH and his Atkins :wave2:). Luckily it's January and walk-ins are not bad to do this time of year.

Love your ADRs so far. Cape May is great! Have never some Y&Y but we have lunched at Chef de France and I enjoyed it. Would like to go back eventually. Have had ADRs there on other trips and never made it. Never done Kouzzina for dinner but did have breakfast there last March. It was good. I am just too cheap to pay so much for breakfast! ;)

We haven't done GG in years. Was never overly impressed with food and that was pre-dining plan downslide. Character interactions there were awesome though. I think this will be our first trip with kids with NO character meals. I am being very cheap this time!

I've never heard about the Capt Grill breakfast buffet. Let me know how that is as CG is one of our favorite dinner spots. I would love to get back to Beaches and Cream someday too. Was so hoping my waitlist at Boardwalk or Beach Club would come thru this trip but no such luck. That is what I get for booking a trip on December for January!

Oh and we enjoyed Via Napoli last June so you must try to eat there someday. My inlaws are VERY Italian and if they liked it that says something. I LOVED my pizza there.

OK, not liking wunderground either...here's the latest:

Overcast with a chance of snow, then ice pellets and snow in the afternoon. High of 32F with a windchill as low as 21F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 90% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.

ICE PELLETS as we will be trying to fly out....AHHHHHH!

I am going to get moving and clean, pack, paint my toenails and make a Khols run...going to get all this done today and tomorrow (and dropping the fur babies off at the kennel tomorrow afternoon). We decided to be completely ready to go by Thursday dinner time and if school gets cancelled for Friday (on Thur evening) we will hop in the car and drive. Then DH will drive the car back home and the rest of us will fly home. But our superintendent likes to wait until the last minute to cancel school and will likely send out automated calls at 6am on Friday, when it will be too late to drive.

Love your ADRs so far. Cape May is great! Have never some Y&Y but we have lunched at Chef de France and I enjoyed it. Would like to go back eventually. Have had ADRs there on other trips and never made it. Never done Kouzzina for dinner but did have breakfast there last March. It was good. I am just too cheap to pay so much for breakfast! ;)

We haven't done GG in years. Was never overly impressed with food and that was pre-dining plan downslide. Character interactions there were awesome though. I think this will be our first trip with kids with NO character meals. I am being very cheap this time!

I've never heard about the Capt Grill breakfast buffet. Let me know how that is as CG is one of our favorite dinner spots. I would love to get back to Beaches and Cream someday too. Was so hoping my waitlist at Boardwalk or Beach Club would come thru this trip but no such luck. That is what I get for booking a trip on December for January!

Oh and we enjoyed Via Napoli last June so you must try to eat there someday. My inlaws are VERY Italian and if they liked it that says something. I LOVED my pizza there.
My kids are past the character interactions...or so I thought. DD looked through a book and picked Garden Grill...not sure if it's for the characters or the rotating restaurant. DS requested Ohana (that's a must do every trip anyway) and our other DD didn't really care where we eat (she also wanted Ohana). DH is wanting to try Kouzzina (I am not so excited about that one) and I must do Y&Y for lunch every trip now too. Chefs De France, we have had ADRs there before too and never made it, so hopefully this time we will. We will be there after the park closes too and look forward to walking back to BCV through a nearly deserted Epcot.

I just hope we make it there Friday....stupid snow!

So...we are all getting somewhere. My girls came home from school today and said they will be done with all their tests tomorrow except for Lang Arts and they have that 1st period on Friday. The bad weather seems to be coming in the afternoon, so I am really praying that they go to school that morning and complete their LA test and we can grab them at noon (or sooner if they close earlier) and head to the airport. Fingers (and toes) are crossed that it works out this way.

I got the upstairs cleaned, laundry almost done, my toenails painted, bills paid, plants watered, dishes done and things all picked up downstairs (ready for me to clean). I can get up tomorrow and finish cleaning and run the dogs to the kennel. I will finish the laundry and pack for myself tonight and everyone else will pack tomorrow (my girls want to do a last load of laundry when they get home tomorrow...to wash what they are going to wear tomorrow and pack that....really???? Whatever, they just better be ready by dinner time tomorrow night in case school gets cancelled for Friday and we decide to drive). Should run to Kohls tonight but probably will do that tomorrow too. And my DM is supposed to drop by tonight...MIL and FIL just left.....:-)rolleyes1).

Anyway, back to getting ready I suppose....c'mon Friday!!!!!!

So...we are all getting somewhere. My girls came home from school today and said they will be done with all their tests tomorrow except for Lang Arts and they have that 1st period on Friday. The bad weather seems to be coming in the afternoon, so I am really praying that they go to school that morning and complete their LA test and we can grab them at noon (or sooner if they close earlier) and head to the airport. Fingers (and toes) are crossed that it works out this way.

I got the upstairs cleaned, laundry almost done, my toenails painted, bills paid, plants watered, dishes done and things all picked up downstairs (ready for me to clean). I can get up tomorrow and finish cleaning and run the dogs to the kennel. I will finish the laundry and pack for myself tonight and everyone else will pack tomorrow (my girls want to do a last load of laundry when they get home tomorrow...to wash what they are going to wear tomorrow and pack that....really???? Whatever, they just better be ready by dinner time tomorrow night in case school gets cancelled for Friday and we decide to drive). Should run to Kohls tonight but probably will do that tomorrow too. And my DM is supposed to drop by tonight...MIL and FIL just left.....:-)rolleyes1).

Anyway, back to getting ready I suppose....c'mon Friday!!!!!!

Ok I am exhausted just reading that...and your other updates! :rotfl: I just found out my son may have an exam on Friday...Science of all things where he has a low C right now. GREAT! So not sure what we'll do about it but he will be missing it.

The latest my DH is telling me is that we are expecting an inch or so of snow TONIGHT! So now my concern is...will they go in late tomorrow? If so you know that means they are not home until late...and we can't have that happen. My son has PE and Drama tomorrow...and he doesn't KNOW if he has an exam in Drama. If so it would be an acting thing, not something he would study for, but the fact that he doesn't KNOW...UGH!!! :worried:

Well our plan is that if school is delayed, I'll still go to work as planned, but come home around 9:30am and we may not even send the kids. I mean, they'd go for about two hours as we'd want them home by noon or 1pm. Why bother?

So what have I done to prepare? Not much. I'm packed and one kid is packed but the rest will all be done tomorrow. If the kids are home in the morning...well then they learn the "surprise" earlier I guess!

So funny about the girls and their clothes. I'm not even sure my older kids have enough clean clothes to pack but since we have a washer and dryer I'll make due with what they have and we'll just do laundry there.

Have you made it to Kohl's yet??? :rotfl:

I did wake to a 5:46 am automated call from the superintendent saying that school would open 2 hours late today due to inclement weather (and low and behold there's an inch of snow on the ground...though at 8:23am our road still hasn't been salted or plowed or anything, so I'm not sure what good a 2 hour delay is). Kittylady72- what you didn't want to happen did happen. Sorry. I am hoping for no closing or delay tomorrow. It looks like the snow will begin around noon tomorrow. I really hope they let them get the half day done, so my girls can finish their LA test. And from what my girls told me, Kittylady72, there are no tests in the elective classes (so I wouldn't think your DS will have a test in drama). What did you decide to do...keep your kids home and/or head out at 4am? I'll pop over to your PTR and see if you posted.

I have to finish cleaning, pack and take the dogs to the kennel and my DM didn't stop in last night but plans to stop in tonight instead. I have started to gather the things to pack, so that should be easy enough. I also have to stop at CVS for 2 pair of earplanes for my DDs...DDs are like me and their ears hurt with landing. I got these earplug things called earplanes for our last flight and they actually worked. Oh, and I didn't make it to Kohls and I don't think I will (until after the trip). It's not located in my town but the next town over (in another county actually), so I'd be going out of the way to make a trip to Kohls. It's 12 minutes away but in a direction that I don't need to go to get to CVS or the Kennel...so I can wait on that.

I also have to do the 24 hour check in for our flight at 2:40 today. I wanted to pay for early bird check in last night to get our seats all together, but cheapo DH said no. So, I will go online right at 24 hours and check in to, hopefully, get boarding zone A. My kids have only flown once and they are a bit nervous, so it would be best if they could sit with each other or DH or I.

I should also mention that when I woke up to the am automated phone call from the school, I noticed my DD coughing a lot. I will have to check her out when she gets up...which I need to go get them up NOW...oops!

Thanks for the info!! Have not had a chance to update yet but I will tell you we are on the road! In NC now and we left around 6:30am. I will go update my PTR soon. Have a safe flight!

Thanks Kittylady1972! Safe travels to you and maybe we'll cross paths this weekend.

So, I am all done with cleaning. I am about to run the dogs to the kennel and stop at CVS. I just checked the weather and it seems like flurries will begin around noon tomorrow and progress throughout the afternoon. I hope the girls get to school and finish their tests and I hope our flight isn't delayed. I looked at the delays at BWI today and the same flight is not delayed toady while there are several other flights that are. So, I hope that is an indicator of our flight for tomorrow. It's been like walking a tightrope to get this trip off without a hitch...we won't book a family trip in January ever again. I do want to comment on one of my DDs' teachers...since I mentioned the uncooperative ones previously. If I can complain, I should also give shout outs as well. One of my DDs' Geometry teacher offered to stay after today to make sure both my DDs complete their Geometry midterms just in case school is cancelled tomorrow. DD tells me that this teacher had been home with her sick toddler this week (who had pneumonia) while her DH was out of town, yet this teacher has still offered to stay after today (her 1st day back since being home with her sick DD). How nice of her to do that...above and beyond. We will have to find some cute souvies for her bambinos while at WDW.

Heading off to bed. All ready for our trip. Will send the girls off to school to finish their LA test (thank goodness they have LA 1st period), unless I wake to another 6 am automated call and discover a new blanket of snow outside. I don't really have anything to do from 8 am until 11:30 am...just shower and load up the car. Will pick the girls up at 11:30 and head to the airport shortly after. We will just get there early (unless I discover a flight delay) to beat the snow if possible and to have lunch there...plus we have to park and all that, so we don't know how time consuming that will be. Last I heard we'd be getting the beginnings of snow around noon. The longer it can hold off the better.

If anyone reads this between now and 11 am tomorrow...does the BCV have hair dryers in the bathrooms? I think all the DVC villas do, but I can't remember for certain. TIA!!!

Ok...here we go! Girls are at school. Luggage is by the door. Just looked at weather.com and it seems the snow may hold off until 3 pm...and we will hopefully be in the air then (or just taking off). Next time I come back my PTR will be a TR. I doubt I will post during the trip. So, see you real soon...on the 30th.

Arrival Day- So we got to the airport on Friday without issue...left the house around 12:15. We parked in the daily lot for $12/day...they had cheaper lots but they were farther away from the terminal and for just a couple bucks/day savings it wasn't a big deal to us. We got inside and checked our luggage and then headed through security which took us quite some time. The big board said that our flight was delayed by 15 minutes. We went to grab a bite to eat. I got a beer to calm my nerves (I hate to fly). We ate and then slowly meandered towards our gate when my DD noticed that the big board said we were boarding now...we rushed over just in time to get in line and get on but we were some of the last folks to board so we had the last rows on the plane...but we got to sit together. It was about 2:15 and our flight was supposed to take off at 2:55. We took off just as it began to snow. It was a bit turbulent and so cloudy we could not see anything. But that was only for a short bit and then it cleared up and we landed in sunny Orlando at 4:50ish. It took us a while to get off the plane since we were in the back and then we made our way to the DME. We got on the DME to BCV (and other resorts) and sat there for a good 20 minutes or so. We were anxious to get to the BCV and check in so we could make our ADR at Cape May at 7:10...we wanted to actually try to get in early so that we could get over to Epcot by 9:00 to pick up our PAPs and go in for EMH until 11pm. It was slow going and we didn't check in until 6:20. That took some time as well...we had a linked resie (used 2 DVC member #s to book) and the girl at the desk didn't know we were linked and thought we would be checking out the next day (we had to get new keys to the world the next day plus the cleaning lady also didn't seem to understand that we weren't leaving that next morning). And they gave my DH a key card with the name Christine instead of Kevin :confused3. By the time we checked into Cape May it was about 6:55 and we sat and waited for 20 minutes until we were seated...there were tons of folks waiting to be seated and it seemed like many folks were doing walk ins. We had dinner...it wasn't as good as I remembered it but my DS and one DD LOVED it. DH and I thought it was meh and other DD didn't really like it at all. We all did LOVE the tiny desserts though. We then scooted on over to Epcot for the night and got there just before 9pm. It was more crowded than we expected...more than the last time we were here in January. It was a Friday night though and it did thin out with EMH and we got to do Soarin' and Test Track and DH and the DDs did Mission Space (I have never done it...I get motion sick). We called it a night around 10-10:30 and loved the short walk back to BCV.

I have pics to add...mostly on my phone. I will do that when I get home. I will say that DH and I are really feeling our age with this trip (we turn 40 this summer). We are commando style Disney people...even though we've been many times. But this trip is the 1st time we are having a hard time keeping that pace...we actually have to nap/rest mid day...we used to make fun of BIL and SIL for that...it's a big ah ha moment for us. We are hurtin'. This morning we had to hit the hot tub for a good soak and we are doing our mid day rest right now...also took some advil. We have ADR for Garden Grill at 5:30 so will head over to Epcot sometime shortly before then. Then HS has EMH tonight...we hope to hop on over after dinner...we only need a few hours there as it's not our fave park. We did AK the second day and Epcot that night (for dinner and whatnot)...we did Epcot for lunch yesterday and then MK last night for EMH (that will be a long post coming up as it was a LONG day...hence hitting the hot tub this morning to ease our achy muscles).

Day 2- We got up early...much to the dismay of our teens. We wanted to head to AK early and do the Yeti roller coaster before it got too crowded. We also had a lunch ADR at Yak and Yeti (this will be the 3rd trip in a row that we've done this...Y&Y has become a MUST DO for me). We walked down to the bus stop at BCV and it came shortly after we got there. We are in villa 302 (right in the spot I requested...it is a VERY quiet location at end of hallway and convenient to get to bus stop and quiet pool- just go out villa door and take stairs, next to villa, down and to the outside). We also figured out how to best get to Epcot w/out going through the BC main lobby. So, we got to AK about 9:15 am or so and headed right to the roller coaster and rode it twice by practically just walking on. Then we did the safari (tons of animals were out and about), dinosaur and primevil whirl (which I sat out). We went to Y&Y and asked if we could eat an hour early and this time we were accommodated. I will say this time I wasn't as impressed with our meal and so it's now off the MUST DO list...I have a new one to replace it with though (from today's lunch...see day 4 below). We rode the roller coaster a couple more times and headed back to BCV for nap/rest/gym/pool time.

TBC.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter