So, in July we booked a trip to WDW for January 25-30. It is during semester break for our DDs (8th graders) and our DS (will be 16 on the 31st) is home schooled right now. Our last trip to the World was a big family (inlaws) trip for Christmas 2011. While it was a fun time, it was pretty crowded and having been in January before we really wanted to get back to the World at a low crowd time like January. We saw on the school schedule where our DDs had a half day this Friday and are off on Monday and Tuesday and thought, 'perfect...let's do it'. What I didn't consider is A- semester break days are used to make up inclement weather closings during exam week (which is this week)...B- this Friday (a half day) is HS exam day that we were going to have our MS DDs miss and fly out around 11am (flights booked in July)...well MS teachers give benchmarks on exam days and my DDs are also in 2 HS classes that will have exams this week (Spanish did exam last week...so just Geometry has exam this week)...and C- SNOW. So, I e-mail the teachers 2 weeks ago and to make a long story short a couple teachers were not very pleased my DDs were going to miss this Friday. One teacher threatened to give a zero on my DDs benchmark if she didn't complete it before we left for vacation and this had my DD a bit anxious. My DDs are principal/honor roll students...never in trouble...are Jr National honor society and in 2 HS classes (Span and Geom) and will be in honors classes next year and I'd hate for them to be punished because I booked a trip when they work so hard for their grades....so I changed to a later flight on Friday so they could go to school that day...for an extra $450 . Then the teacher who threatened to give a zero (which I went through the process to get the absences declared excused from the principal, so she actually could NOT give my DD a zero) e-mails me and says that my DD's benchmark for her class was Wed and Thur anyway...... Now, I am watching the weather and I see snow on the forecast for Friday. Not sure when and how bad. But if school gets cancelled that day, they will make it up Monday and we will be in Disney. If we get through the school day and get to the airport for our 2:40 flight, I worry about delays or flying in bad weather. I will be watching the weather over the next few days. I also hope that the sunny FL weather that's been going on the past week continues for our trip (my SIL was just there and had the best weather). I also got my kids and I the flu shot this year. Did NOT want to be sick at the World. But, my DDs' friends, who they sit with at lunch, have all been passing around some illness (sore throat, fever, cough) and the little darlings have been still attending school with said illness. From what my girls tell me, these friends all got the flu shot too but still are sick with this illness and they had to get an antibiotic (but DDs don't know what for). The last friend to get it started with her symptoms on Friday and last night I heard one DD coughing at bedtime. She was fine this morning, so fingers are crossed...no fever please. That's the Pre-pre trip report. And for the trip details: we will be in a 2BR at BCV. This will be our very first time at BCV. We are super excited about this! It will be DH and I (both turn the big 40 this year) and DS who will turn 16 the day after we get back from our trip and my twin DDs who will be 14 in a month. We booked the 2BR with 2 queen beds in the studio part and I requested 3rd floor with pool view or courtyard view...I think there are about 6 2BR villas with 2 queens that would be in the area we requested. When the MS lady reiterated my request, though, she only mentioned pool view. So, I am not sure if courtyard is an option (it may be bunched in with pool view?). We shall see where we end up. I'd like to be on the side near the courtyard view rooms but really...as long as we are at Disney, I will be very happy. We land around 5:10 and have dinner ADRs at Cape May that night for 7:10. Then we plan to head to Epcot for EMH until 11pm. We also purchased the PAPs and will need to pick those up. Another little factoid about our trip...the DH decided to go on Atkins a couple weeks ago. We had to change from San Angel Inn the first night to Cape May so that he can find some low carb options to eat (San Angel isn't the best for low carb). This should be challenging as he has already looked at CS menus to see what he'll be able to eat in the parks for lunch and he's not too happy. I told him my solution and that is to do TS for lunch too . He also wouldn't mind doing some breakfast buffets (eggs and bacon are his go-to low carb meals) in the late morning and then doing our TS ADRs for dinner, thus eliminating the need for CS lunch. We have the TIW card as well, so we get 20% off most places. That's my PTR for now. Will be keeping an eye on the weather and will update on here as we go. By the way, we are flying out of BWI via SW and will use the DME to get over to BCV. We will not rent a car. We ordered a few grocery items from the resort via the order form. This will be a first for us. We have driven to WDW most trips (flew for the 1st time on our last trip at Xmas 2011) and would hit the grocery store ourselves. Our last trip that we did fly in for, we ordered groceries from WeGoShop and LOVED them. They got everything we wanted and delivered them at the perfect time. They even put the things away for us. We needed more things for that trip as we were sharing a 2BR with MIL and FIL and it was 6 nights. This trip is just us 5 and only 5 nights, so I figured I'd just order a few things from the resort and it will be in our villa that first night. So, all set...just need to clean, pack, take the dogs to the kennel and watch the weather.