Eating dilemma

seadd67

DIS Veteran
So I have always been a big eater and love It,love trying all of our Favorite places so we went with the DxDDP and I am really happy about It, food Is a very big part of the trip for me.
So now of course my apptite has gone way down,I do not eat know where waht I use to wich Is a good thing health wise but It reall puts a fear that I will not get to enjoy our normal palaces now:sad2:. Right now I am still going with our three meals a day plus snacks but I am personaly going with eatting small meals. Even at the Buffets,just eating what I can. I just do not want to miss the diffrent foods,chacter Interaction and the Atmosphere that the Disney restraunts are so wonderful for.
So my question Is has any one else have this problem?,and If so does my plan make sense?. I am open to any tricks and hints I just do not want to avoid my Dinning experice.

First, seriously, you need to determine why you're not eating as much as you used to. Is it a conscious decision, or are you just not hungry? If the latter, you might want to see a doctor to make sure everything's okay.

If there's no actual problem - you're healthy, and you just don't care to eat much - don't worry. Just don't eat all of everything. Order appetizers as your entree where the restaurants will let you. At buffets, just take a little of a couple of things. You can ALWAYS go back for more. Eat slowly.

I have decided to do the DXDP(THIS NOV). I have lost 52lbs. and still going.
I am a little worried but I really, really want the new dining experiences. We have been going every year since 2004, my kids are still young 10 and 8 but I do not need to see or be in every nook and cranny of the parks all day long.
I want the restaraunt and our vacation time as a family ( busy lifes) to be about sitting,( not standing in CS lines for once) talking and enjoy a couple of good meals, in a great atmosphere.

Now my plans are to do all lunches around 11:00 am, which we usually do on vacation just CS. Snack around the world ( food and wine) midday and late dinners @ signatures restaraunts. 1 breakfast @ Grand Fla. and 2 counters the night of MNSVCP.

I may half some of my entress, get appetiers as meals, take desserts if possible to go. I am not makingit as much about the food but about the experience and family time.

Thanks all,no health wise,at least eating wise I am In good shape,just do not eat big meals anymore old age maybe:rotfl2::rotfl2:. But really I love the flavors of foods but I just feel kind of bad wanting to eat three meals and actually leave food at the table(oh man my Mom would come out of the grave If she new I was leaveing food at the table!!:rotfl2:). We too have been going since 2004 and the need to see everything and do everyride everyday Is not a must for me and my DS. He Is now 17 and wants to spend more time soaking up the Disney exerince then rideing untill he drops. Food Is a great way for us to stop and enjoy our experices,go over what we did and what we will do. We exchange how we feel about whats going on and really gives us time to connect,for me Its someting I treassure. So on this trip I was really planning to really enhance that with the three TS meals,but not wanting to get bogged(Is that a word??) with the food.

Thanks all,no health wise,at least eating wise I am In good shape,just do not eat big meals anymore old age maybe:rotfl2::rotfl2:. But really I love the flavors of foods but I just feel kind of bad wanting to eat three meals and actually leave food at the table(oh man my Mom would come out of the grave If she new I was leaveing food at the table!!:rotfl2:). We too have been going since 2004 and the need to see everything and do everyride everyday Is not a must for me and my DS. He Is now 17 and wants to spend more time soaking up the Disney exerince then rideing untill he drops. Food Is a great way for us to stop and enjoy our experices,go over what we did and what we will do. We exchange how we feel about whats going on and really gives us time to connect,for me Its someting I treassure. So on this trip I was really planning to really enhance that with the three TS meals,but not wanting to get bogged(Is that a word??) with the food.

Definitely can relate! *Maturity* has its drawbacks! *LOL*

Have the same issues as you do about mother and clean plates--I still hear her saying: "There are children in ... who go to bed hungry every night." :rolleyes:

Added to that, my BFF and travel buddy always complains that I don't eat enough at a buffet to make it worthwhile! She's just accustomed to her DH's appetite! :)

I think your plan makes perfect sense. We love the DxDP. I like to eat light and enjoy each and every dining experience. I could feel bad about leaving food on my plate. However, I have decided that as long as I am not purposefully wasteful, it's okay.

I will say that there is a certain feeling of luxury in going with the attitude that you are going to sample things for the experience and not worry about "getting your money's worth." It is wonderful--so freeing!

Try a few days only doing 2 meals a day and one of the sig. rest. Most are really good.

I will diffently take It In as experince!!,we goto food festevels all the itme and do the sampling and really love it. Matter of fact we went to Disneys Food and wine fest last Oct,and I was just a little disspointed:confused3 I thought It was more on the wine then the food but the sampleing was perfect. I think I will have my ADR's ready to use but if I am just not able to go and eat I will just cancel them and go from there.

One way to have fewer meals and still have amazing food is to use your deluxe credits at signature restaurants that require two credits. We did this last time, using most of our credits that way and using snack credits for things to nibble on during the day. I also brought breakfast to eat in the room (protein bars and fruit). You'll certainly not have 3 big meals a day this way, but you will get to have some outstanding food!

Thats a good Idea!!:thumbsup2,we might look Into that. Really never thought of that:confused3 I guess where more like the ESPN/planet Hollywood dinning family typ I guess.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter