Eating Around the World

Rivergirl2005

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of taking a day to snack and have meals around the world in Epcot rather than making an ADR. Any suggestions on what you eat and where? I do have a tender tummy and I am allergic to onions. I would love any suggestions :)

We love to go into the back of the Japanese pavilion, because there is a huge store with LOTS of different snacks. We have tried everything from candy, cookies, gum, and even soda. The best part was that we were able to get several snacks to take home and try. I have a family member also has a sensitive stomach and she found so many different snacks she loved! :)

Kringla Bakeri in Norway. School Bread and Troll Horn were delicious and covered patio with fans made it very comfortable to take a break and get out of the sun. Yorkshire Fish Shop in England is quick service fish and chips that are pretty darn tasty. Have a few tables right on the water you can overlook and enjoy.

We also love the French bakery - savory or sweet, so many fantastic options. I don't think we've had anything we didn't like there.
And the Nudel Gratin (mac & cheese) at the German quick service. Yum! And the caramel shop... Even if we're just walking by, we stop in for a smell.

Last edited:

I second Norway. They and the bakery in France have savory options as well. America has ice cream and funnel cakes which are safe. And England has fish & chips.

We love to go into the back of the Japanese pavilion, because there is a huge store with LOTS of different snacks. We have tried everything from candy, cookies, gum, and even soda. The best part was that we were able to get several snacks to take home and try. I have a family member also has a sensitive stomach and she found so many different snacks she loved! :)

Where in Japan do you find the soda and candy? I remember going into the gift shop with the anime and pearl station...is it in there? thanks that sounds like a lot of fun!

Kringla Bakeri in Norway. School Bread and Troll Horn were delicious and covered patio with fans made it very comfortable to take a break and get out of the sun. Yorkshire Fish Shop in England is quick service fish and chips that are pretty darn tasty. Have a few tables right on the water you can overlook and enjoy.

What is school bread? Is it a store?

We also love the French bakery - savory or sweet, so many fantastic options. I don't think we've had anything we didn't like there.
And the Noodle Kugel (mac & cheese) at the German quick service. Yum! And the caramel shop... Even if we're just walking by, we stop in for a smell.

I love the caramel shop!! It smells so good!!!!

Where in Japan do you find the soda and candy? I remember going into the gift shop with the anime and pearl station...is it in there? thanks that sounds like a lot of fun!

It is a huge gift shop, and the candy and stuff is all the way in the back room! We got lost at first, but the employees were happy to help us!

Craig and Steve from the DIS Unplugged Podcast did a vlog thingy where they toured Epcot's flower and Garden Festival. In addition to looking at topiaries and stuff, they did a great review of all the Outdoor Kitchens set up for the festival. You get to see the various dishes and hear their responses to each. I'm heading there in about 5 weeks and can't wait! The Outdoor Kitchens' offerings are on the small side, but that's perfect so you can have a little bit of everything as you make your way around.

There are some dishes that contain onions, but you might be able to request them to hold the onions.

We eat way to much at Karamell-Kuche!
Caramel popcorn- the big bag, caramel apples, caramel squares- we like it all!

In China, at Joy of Tea (the kiosk out on the walkway) you can get a meal called the Lucky Combo. It is a curry chicken pocket (like a little puff pastry), 2 egg rolls, a drink, and a little ice cream, all for about $11. Pretty good deal.

I love the bratwurst with sauerkraut at Sommerfest (Germany) but that might be too much for you.

The cannoli cupcake at the ice cream kiosk in Italy is delicious, as is their coffee.

I have always wanted to go to the bar at Rose and Crown and order a Scottish egg!

We are thinking of taking a day to snack and have meals around the world in Epcot rather than making an ADR. Any suggestions on what you eat and where? I do have a tender tummy and I am allergic to onions. I would love any suggestions :)

You don't mention when you're going but DH and I had an easy time doing this during F&G with the outdoor kitchens. We made sure to have a food and/or drink item at each country and switched off if we were too full! Just be aware - there are few options at Canada. Ended up with a candy bar at the gift shop because they don't have a QS or Outdoor Kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter