Eat At Disney's Hilton Head Resort?

TNKBELL

DIS Veteran
Our family of 8 is planning a trip to Hilton Head Island, but we are NOT staying at Disney's Hilton Head resort, but we would like to eat at Signals and shop at the gift shop. Can we do that? Or are those only for guests?
I asked about just visiting the resort in a previous thread, but I got mixed responses. Thanks in advance for any input!!:thumbsup2

I wouldn't think there would be a problem eating there. After all, they would like your money no matter how you hand it over to them.;)

Love Hilton Head! We'll be there for two weeks this summer. Staying in Palmetto Dunes.

Have a wonderful time!

The gift shop is extremely small and the only place I know of to eat is a take out window. Wasn't sure if that is what you are thinking or maybe I missed something when we were there. It is gated off so not sure if you can enter if you aren't a guest or not.

I don't know about eating there, but when we were in Hilton Head, we just wandered right around the resort checking it out.

If you're DVC members I know they will allow you to 'visit' the resort if you aren't staying there, and that would only mean walking around the property including visiting the gift shop or buying from the counter serve at the resort; Signals is at the Beach House(it's counter serve too & similar to menu offered at resort cs location) and I do not think this is something they'd likely include in a 'visit' because that would mean the desk would have to issue you a key card to have access to the Beach House. We're members but my latest understanding is that unless staying at the resort we can't stop in for more than this so no use of the Beach House,pool,workout room,organized activities, etc. but of course there are likely visitors who may have had different experiences on the day they stopped by. Non-DVC members I'd expect would be permitted as well to stop in and take a look around ( it would make sense for them to allow it, after all, the resort is also bookable on cash not just with DVC points ).

Call the desk on day you'd like to visit and see what CM advises.

Best wishes :)

Thanks for the responses!:lovestruc I think we will call the resort when we get there and ask if it would be alright. I have a Disney Rewards card I would like to use. :thumbsup2

I don't know that you'd want to eat at Signals. They have yukky hamburgers and hot dogs and sodas. That's about it. The gift shop is nice. Small but nice.

It isn't really a great place to eat...but you can get Mickey Bars in the gift shop...one day we drove in - but we are DVC members - the next time we went - we walked over from the Harbour shops - it was a nice walk and the Mickey bars were a nice treat - the gift shop is really small!!

When are you going? Summer? Don't try on a Tuesday in summer; with the fireworks going on at Shelter Cove parking is at a premium and they won't let you in to park. Other than that, you should be good to stop by the gift shop and get a Mickey Head....I've done it a few times when I need a fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter