Eat and drink till we drop! An Adults Only Trip! - Updated 12/30 & Completed

Yay for getting to ride TOT! Glad you liked it; I'm really looking forward to riding Guardians out in DL in April to see the differences since TOT is my favorite ride.
And yay for meeting Renee @ArielSRL! Looking forward to meeting her in May!

Sounds like such a great morning! I'm glad you guys could finally ride ToT! TSL looks so cool, the girls will definitely love it when they see it!

Glad you could try out Baseline! It's such a nice little spot!

Andy was def looking forward to checking out the area. Toy Story was one of our favorite movies to watch with the girls. And Morgan had this set of figures that her and Andy used to play with all the time. When we put the box in the basement, Andy totally had a Toy story moment, with putting the toys on the shelf...
Oh, my gosh, that made me tear up!! I keep thinking the day is coming soon when we will be packing up Jimmy's toys, but suddenly he will dump out a box of trains and play for hours and I think, "Oh good, not yet!!!" :)

I'm still here, quietly following along! How cool that you got to enjoy some things that the girls wouldn't necessarily want to do, like ToT - that's the best part of an adults' only trip for sure! I hope you can get Gwen on it next time though and that she likes it. Glad you enjoyed your taste of TSL! Though I agree that it can be hard to enjoy the full extent of it with how crowded it is during the day. I hadn't really thought much about how you'll be able to see Guardians Edge from TSL! But I lol'd about it being Andy's SW toys. :)

Thats so interesting that you found out about the cobwebs in TOT! My Mom and I thought they looked like they were made from hot glue so I guess we were pretty spot on! I considered doing something similar in my basement for my Halloween party but I didn't feel like burning my hands like crazy to do so! haha

I'm glad you got to Baseline taphouse! I agree, once Star Wars land opens I can only imagine the madhouse it will be. Has to make you wonder though, a tiny little area is so popular because of the food and beer options yet they couldnt make PizzaRizzos work? :confused3

I have enjoyed reading this report. My hubby and I are taking our first adults only trip in January. Festival of the Arts will be happening at Epcot, so I hope to try some of the yummy drinks and use our snack credits for some of the food items. Hope they are as good as the ones you have posted. You have me so excited! :-)

Glad you enjoyed it! How is Guardians of the Galaxy different? I really want to ride that one, but who knows when I'll ever get out to Anaheim. Also, I admire your restraint in that dump shop--that one always get us!! We buy SO much Tower of Terror stuff.
I think it is mostly the music that just makes it so fun! It creates a whole different atmosphere. It also doesn't have the long drive forward part. It is more of just the up and down.

Aw, bummer! If it helps, the sandwich is good but nothing mind blowing. But yes, they should definitely have that all day! It's basically dessert, not a breakfast thing.
I can see how it isn't mind blowing, I mean, you COULD make that yourself at home. Kind of like the nutella waffles in liberty square. It just tastes better in Disney!

I have heard so many good reviews on the pretzel and Baseline itself, in January we will try it since my sister will be with and she can have a drink with me!
I mean it is JUST a pretzel! I don't want to over sell it. But I guess I had low expectations, so it was surprisingly good. Right now the whole area is nice and relaxing. Mind you we were also there, basicially at 11:00 - 11:30, so kind of early for beer...

It is a long boat ride but a nice time to relax while someone else does the driving!
It was def nice and relaxing. Andy REALLY enjoyed it and it was like showing him this whole other world that he didn't even knew existed!

I totally agree! Doesn't make sense to me either. :confused3
Glad someone agrees with me! And really, it is just something to look forward to next time.

I’m here! I’m here!
Glad you are here!

What???? No girls trip? I’m bummed!
I know. I so wanted to make it work. But birthdays are a big thing in our house. I always say it is a celebration for the person and the family to celebrate another year of health and happiness! It truely is a blessing! And I would love to bring Morgan to Disney ON her birthday but I just can't take them out of school with standarized testing. But I told @pepperandchips when I saw her, I have faith that you ladies are going to have a great time and there will be a second annual trip and I WILL make it to that one!

We loved our drinks from Jock Lindsay’s but we only had time to take them to go. Maybe in May we can stop in for awhile. Reggie’s Revenge sounds good. I think I had a Cool Headed Monkey! Whatever it was, it was delish.
Did you get the slush drink from Wine Bar George when you were there? I thought about it but then decided against getting it. But now I am kicking myself! I should have gotten it on the way out!

Grapefruit Marg? Yum!
Def worth getting! I need to try the Jalapeno one!

Yay for getting to ride TOT! Glad you liked it; I'm really looking forward to riding Guardians out in DL in April to see the differences since TOT is my favorite ride.
And yay for meeting Renee @ArielSRL! Looking forward to meeting her in May!
YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!! Make sure you ride it a couple times. I am sure your boys will love it too. They like the movies, right?

Glad you could try out Baseline! It's such a nice little spot!
It really is. I wonder why they made it so small?!?!

Oh, my gosh, that made me tear up!! I keep thinking the day is coming soon when we will be packing up Jimmy's toys, but suddenly he will dump out a box of trains and play for hours and I think, "Oh good, not yet!!!" :)
Maybe because my girls are older, or maybe because we have so much crap, or I don't know what, but I have lost the sadness fo getting rid of toys.

I'm still here, quietly following along! How cool that you got to enjoy some things that the girls wouldn't necessarily want to do, like ToT - that's the best part of an adults' only trip for sure! I hope you can get Gwen on it next time though and that she likes it.
I am hoping she will ride too! There is so few rides in HS it feels like a waste to not ride them all!

I'm glad you got to Baseline taphouse! I agree, once Star Wars land opens I can only imagine the madhouse it will be. Has to make you wonder though, a tiny little area is so popular because of the food and beer options yet they couldnt make PizzaRizzos work? :confused3
Right? Goes to show you, good food and good beer go a long way! Maybe they will revamp PizzaRizzo when it closes. maybe.....

I have enjoyed reading this report. My hubby and I are taking our first adults only trip in January. Festival of the Arts will be happening at Epcot, so I hope to try some of the yummy drinks and use our snack credits for some of the food items. Hope they are as good as the ones you have posted. You have me so excited! :-)
We have been in Disney for the 1st 2 Festival of the Arts. The food is different. They are much more on presentation for FoA. But still good. And using snack credits is a great way to try new things for sure!

Did you get the slush drink from Wine Bar George when you were there? I thought about it but then decided against getting it. But now I am kicking myself! I should have gotten it on the way out!
I got one from Pop that was very bland so I never tried another. Maybe the one from Wine Bar George would’ve been better, though.

What I wasn't prepared for, was how SLOW the bus was driving through the area AND the fact that it went ALLLLLLL the way around the area to drop us off at the FARTHEST parking bay in the area. ALL of the spots were open but for some reason we needed to go all the way around. No joke, we probably took 10 minutes to drive around the area. Everyone on the bus just kind of looked at each other, like what is happening?
That is ridiculous!!!! We thankfully one had to encountered the war torn bus stop once but we had a similar experience. Clearly the guest experience is paramount over construction :P

ToT Ride Photo
So, what did we think? It was fun for sure! But we have ridden Guardian of the Galaxy ride out in Disneyland, and that one is SOOOOOOOO fun! It kind of took away from this ride, just a little bit. But we still loved it. And I def want to try and drag Gwen on. Morgan says she doesn't like the dropping feeling and I can accept that. It's a valid reason. (you know opposed to the I just don't like it answer)
I'm looking forward to riding this in May. Jason is petrified of falling so he won't do it and Casey has been in the Gwen camp so far. I think she'd like it if she tried it but getting her in there is gonna take a few more years.

The rest of HS was fine crowd wise.... but in TSL it was craziness! I know it's expected but it makes it hard to enjoy the land!
I know its been busy because its new, but I am disappointed in how small Disney made this land. Just making it a bit wider (and you know they have the land) would have made all the difference.

43994906660_d9b648e525_z.jpg
Awesome!!! Looking forward to meeting you both in 2019!

I would def come here again with the girls. It was a nice way to rest for a bit. But I can only imagine how crazy this place will be once SWL opens! So, I think I want to def hit it in Feb before that happens!
Glad to hear you all had a good experience. I'm hopeful we can finally try it in February on one of our MGM days

While checking out, the lady asked if we had an AP and she told us all about getting merch discounts. Andy said, someone (ahem... me) was telling him ALL about the benefits of getting an AP! HA! Thanks CM lady!
Did you pay her to say that :-)

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I will be back at some point for another update but I am basically in full on Thanksgiving/Christmas Planning Mode! We are headed to friends today for a friendsgiving. Actually we are headed basically to where @ariane37 lives but lucky for her she is probably already on her way to the airport to go to Disney!

Maybe the one from Wine Bar George would’ve been better, though.
I would hope so!!! I had one at French Quarter and it was HORRIBLE!!! But I have to assume a place with Wine in the name would make a good one? right?

I'm looking forward to riding this in May. Jason is petrified of falling so he won't do it and Casey has been in the Gwen camp so far. I think she'd like it if she tried it but getting her in there is gonna take a few more years.
I do have to say the drop is very smooth. I didn't push the girls to ride for the longest time because I didn't really want to do it myself. I kept thinking of one of those free fall drop rides and 6 flags.... This is nothing like it.

I know its been busy because its new, but I am disappointed in how small Disney made this land. Just making it a bit wider (and you know they have the land) would have made all the difference.
Right? And there is no real gift shop which seems soooooo strange that they would give up that revenue. I kind of feel the same way about Pandora, they are both lands that would be so nice if it wasn't usually wall to wall people.

Just realized you had another report going. I'm here now and all caught up. Love the idea of a Disney trips sans kids!
Glad you made it over. It is hard to keep up with all the trip reports! I know you know how different a trip with kids and without kids can be!

I will leave you with a teaser for my next post... So the day before, I had thought about getting the escargot from France. We mentioned it to the girls via text and Morgan thought that was the grossest thing ever. I had never had it before and thought that this was a good place to try it. And then it because a thing with Andy's family and the girls, that we had to try it. So, it became a "thing" we HAD to try. Would we try escargot today?

How did I just now see this??? I'm sorry! I have loved reading every second of it! Glad you got to try so many tastings at Food and Wine!

Andy and I used to live in Boston, and we were there for the Big Dig... But I just had to laugh at how they are kind of protraying Boston. it seems kind of gross and seedy. And I know it used to be more like that. But not so much any more.

We took our spin through Boston in no time. And headed out.
Wait-Boston?!? I thought it was in LA or Hollywood! I guess I’ll have to pay more attention when I ride it next!

The Alien Saucers looks fun, too. I think this is about when I told Andy that we def need to get here for EMH's and get all of the goodness done in that first hour! He agreed!
It’s pretty much Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree so the girls will probably like it!

While checking out, the lady asked if we had an AP and she told us all about getting merch discounts. Andy said, someone (ahem... me) was telling him ALL about the benefits of getting an AP! HA! Thanks CM lady!
Nice! Good work CM!

So, I just watched a video of the ride and you do go through the Hollywood sign. So maybe it is to be Hollywood. Bit there is also a sign after for the civic center. Is there a civic center on La/hollywood? There is a civic center inn boston. Or it was the civic center once upon a time. But that is pretty much what the big dig was like and I want to say they are from Boston? So maybe that is why I thought that.

What I wasn't prepared for, was how SLOW the bus was driving through the area AND the fact that it went ALLLLLLL the way around the area to drop us off at the FARTHEST parking bay in the area. ALL of the spots were open but for some reason we needed to go all the way around. No joke, we probably took 10 minutes to drive around the area. Everyone on the bus just kind of looked at each other, like what is happening?

:faint: That had to be absolute torture, being that close to the park!

I love all of the theming in this area! I have seen so many peoples pictures of the area, but it def something to see in person.

Tower of Terror has an amazing theme and effects. I just wish I liked big drops more.

And I def want to try and drag Gwen on. Morgan says she doesn't like the dropping feeling and I can accept that. It's a valid reason. (you know opposed to the I just don't like it answer)

That's where I am. I hate feeling like I'm going to fall out of the car.

Andy and I used to live in Boston, and we were there for the Big Dig... But I just had to laugh at how they are kind of protraying Boston. it seems kind of gross and seedy. And I know it used to be more like that. But not so much any more.

I thought RnRC was supposed to be in LA.

We decided we would just try and soak in the land, but save all the fun for when we were back with the girls. And man the girls are going to love the area!

::yes::

From Left to Right:
  • North Coast Cherry Berliner Weisse
  • Golden Road Hefeweizen
  • Sierra Nevada Tropical Torpedo IPA
  • Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider
These were all really good. Andy really liked the Hard Cider and I really liked the Cherry Berliner. I almost went back in to get us a regular beer to go. But I refrained as it was early.

Baseline looks like a good place. Add another one to the list!

So, I just watched a video of the ride and you do go through the Hollywood sign. So maybe it is to be Hollywood. Bit there is also a sign after for the civic center. Is there a civic center on La/hollywood? There is a civic center inn boston. Or it was the civic center once upon a time. But that is pretty much what the big dig was like and I want to say they are from Boston? So maybe that is why I thought that.
Yeah we do have a Civic Center-it’s one of the main building areas downtown.

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! We did. I am recouperating now. I always have this illness sneak in once it is all over and I can relax again. I am currently trying to fight it off, so I don't get full on sick. As December starts soon and I have to start ALL over again with planning and what not.

We put up our tree on Friday and hopefully we are getting our outdoor decorations up today. We have tickets to see Wreck-It Ralph 2 this afternoon. Gwen is SUPER excited about that!

I hope to get an update in at some point today. As I was just looking at my pictures and I am sadly almost to the end of this trip.

Day Two: More Food & Wine Please....

I left us off on the Boat over to EPCOT. It was very packed boat, but we managed to get a seat. There was an asian family that got on the boat, and the younger woman had on a full on Black Velvet Evening Gown..... WITH Sleeves! I am not sure how she was going to survive the heat in that outfit. Everyone else in her group was very casual, shorts and t-shirts. Maybe she had a big date with someone, who knows, but it was WAY too HOT for that dress.

As most of you know, the boat is very slow to get to EPCOT, So, I suggested getting off at Beach Club and walk the rest of the way. I wanted to check out the pool as well, and kind of show Andy how cool the pool was and how close it was to EPCOT.

So, we got off at Beach Club and kind of peaked in at the pool area. He agreed that it was def cool and the girl would def enjoy it! And we walked over to the International Gateway, THIS may have been what swayed him to my summer trip plans. He LOVED coming into EPCOT this way. (so did I) It was a first for us.

And we beat the boat to the entrance! So, that was a win, as well.

Once we were in, and since we were basically in France, we headed that way. We needed to try the escargot to prove our daughter we are right.
Martini & Escargots

Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley
La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice

We got the croissant and of course a martini to split.

Eating Escargot
Proof that we were in fact eating it. This pic we sent to the girls.

It was good. I mean, it was surrounded with butter croissant and garlic sauce. Actually the garlic sauce on the outside was really tasty! Really the escargot could have been just about anything in there.

They really are in there
I did hear the lady next to me ask what Escargot was...If you didn't know what it was, that would be quet the shook!

We decided to head towards England next. I wanted to try the Piggy Wings. It was hot again, so we stopped for a drink in England. I mean, that IS what you do when in England. Right?

Pear Cider in England
Andy was just going to get a Bass from the Fish and Chips cart, but I told him to walk down with me to the next little stand. And there they had the Pear Cider that I have been meaning to try.

Soooo, good! Not too sweet, but light and so refreshing on the hot day that it was. Andy was very pleased with this selection!

It was getting busy already, so, as we walked we talked about our plan for the day. We decided to just stay in EPCOT and eat what we wanted, go back and rest and then head to Magic Kingdom for the evening instead of coming back to EPCOT. My guess was, since it was the weekend, it was going to get even busier.

We stopped at the New Zealand booth again.
Kumara?
I text'd my sister this picture. And asked her if she had, had Kumara before. It is apparently just sweet potatoe grown in New Zealand. But the puree last night was delish!

Lamb Meatball Again
We got 2 orders of the meatballs, since we loved it so much last night. And they were still really good today, it the heat of the day did make them slightly less enjoyable.

It was crowded at this point, but we still didn't have to wait too long in line, only a few minutes and we did find a table to eat at.

After out meatballs, we headed over to the Fire Stand. This had a semi-decent line. But not horrendous. But while we waited we def knew we were going to finish up Food & Wine and not come back later.

Smoking the meat
You could see them cooking the meat while you waited. Those poor guys must have been really hot!

Corned Beef

Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses

We shared the Corned Beef. Which I REALLY liked. It was really flavorful. I probably could have drank the cheese sauce that was on top of it. And I am a sucker for crunchy chips.

Piggy Wings

Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds

And we got the Piggy Wings. These we good but we had so much Korean BBQ flavors at this point, that it was super special at all. We were able to get a table again to eat our food. And the table next to us had 2 couples who clearly didn't know each other. And the one couple was giving the other couple advise on what to try. Basically everything the couple suggested, I had read was terrible! Ha! Goes to show, everyone's tastes are different.

After our snacks, I knew I wanted to go inside the pavillion and try the RGB beer flight. And some air conditioning wouldn't hurt either. It was PACKED in here!!!! I am sure the heat had something to do with that. The line was non-existant, it was literally just people trying to rest there feet and cool off.

We ordered out flight and went to take the pictures below. And as I went to fisxs the placement of the card, I knocked over one of the glasses, and spilled half of one. :(
RGB Flight

Playalinda Brewing Co. Red Cherry Tart, Titusville, FL
GrassLands Brewing Company Green Kiwi Blonde, Tallahassee, FL
M.I.A. Beer Company Blue-berry Golden Ale, Doral, FL

RGB Flight_02
This was a super fun flight to try. But the Blue-berry Golden Ale, tasted like well, an ale.... it was fine but nothing amazing. Thankfully that was the one I spliled.

The Kiwi one was my second favorite. It had some very very very slight hints of kiwi. But the winner was def the Red Cherry Tart beer! It was REALLY good! I wanted to get a full glass later.

There was nowhere to sit inside, we headed outside, and found an open bench right outside. We sat and enjoyed our drinks and just relaxed. We talked a bit about coming back next year, and getting some of our friends to come with us. And also about what other booths we wanted to hit before we left.

I am going to stop here, as there are a few more booths to be enjoyed! So, up next more food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter