Easy-to-pack toys/activities for resort room

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
We will have 4 kids under the age of 6 and staying at the Poly in 3 resort rooms. While a good part of our time will be in parks, in the pool and at the resort, and they will be tired...but there will be some down time in the hotel room where it would be nice to have some things on hand to do. A little bit of coloring goes a long way with this crew but I'll pack some simple crafts and a couple Nerf balls. I'm taking a checked bag primary for "grandkid stuff" so I have space within reason. What other activities work well in the room? We will resort to TV but that's a last resort. Thanks for ideas.

Playdoh - good idea! and I never feel guilty about throwing it away at the end haha.

The best trip ever, we did our start at DS. We bought the Mr Potato Head box filled with parts and a couple of the fill your own containers of logos. Best thing ever. Kid played with the two things every time we were in the room. If DS is not in the plans, we have taken Legos from home. A few matchbox cars, a Barbie or two, paper dolls, or any small building toy. I also down load a few new age appropriate apps on the iPad too. I also took a few bath toys along when my boys were little. Great for down/ relaxing time before bed. Just a small bottle of bubble bath can be great!

We like the puzzles in the tins, you can get them at the dollar store, I also bring them to restaurants and we do them while We wait for our food.

We found some Finding Dory memory game in the Dollarspot at Target, in a self-contained tin. Also Uno, or another easy card game.
I second bubble bath and we get the "magic towel" washclothes from the Dollar Tree (they magically unfold in the water). We only get these on vacation, so they make bathtime last longer.
We also got ours special art kits from Disney store beforehand, and they were so excited that they could have them once we were at Disneyworld
They also each quickly chose some kind of playset as a souvenir once we were there, so they played with those.

We also let them just relax and cuddle and watch Disney Channel because we don't have cable at home.

You guys all have such great ideas! I didn't know anything about Disney Potato Head! How fun. I don't think we can get the kids there since we are relying on Disney transportation and I've heard it can take an hour. No car seats = no taxis. But DH and I will be there a few months in advance for a quick trip so we'll go fill a box and surprise them with it at the resort.

Ask the CMs there for help filling the boxes. They pride themselves on getting the most parts in the box. If you have old heads at home, use the whole box for parts and just bring your own heads. We have had great luck with DS buses and not so good luck, pretty much like any park bus.

Crayola Colour Wonder! The markers only work on the special paper! No mess or worry about the walls or furnishings. Lego (small sets in Ziplock bags). Uno or crazy 8's ins another easy game.

Plastic tea set.
My children always loved this toy on vacation. Great for playing in a group or with their favourite toy.

Post it's. Seriously, give each kid a pad and let them go to town, all over the room. Yes, it's a little annoying to pick them up, but it takes about 60 seconds. And sometimes the kiddos like to help with that part, too. It also works great for long car trips - they get to decorate themselves and their window. My kids' favorites are when I can find them in shapes, like snowflakes or whatnot (dollar bins at Target). This is not something we ever do at home, so it's "special".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!