Eastern Carribean cruise excursions

My very favorite excursion was the private tour we did with Bernard himself of Bernard's tours on St Maarten. Love love love!

We did Magen's Bay beach break in St Thomas, and other than some crabby beach attendants who had very definite rules for the placement of beach chairs, it was great.

We have been to St. Thomas three times, twice on a cruise and for a 7-night trip to the VIs. We LOVE the VIs both U.S. and British.
Suggestions:
1 - Taxi to Coki Beach and/or Coral World. We did these two places together twice. We went to CW first and got a locker and used their restrooms and showers. We bought burgers and fries there too. It is easy to get a taxi over and back. Look CW up on their website.
Coki Beach
Island.jpg

apsBurt-R5-E107.jpg

DD#4 on Coki

2 – Taxi to Secret Harbour Beach Resort – (Check out their website). It is a quiet, private beach, with a dive shop where you can rent snorkel gear.
Great snorkeling, right from the beach.
We swam with a sea turtle every afternoon.
Turtle.jpg

Swimming with our buddy
Burton1-R1-026-11A.jpg

Sitting in the shade - see our toes?
3 – OR THE BEST FOR LAST - Hundreds of cruisers do this EVERYDAY – Take a taxi to Red Hook, a ferry to St. John and (a) – explore Cruz Bay, (b) taxi to Trunk Bay (c) rent a jeep and explore on your own. There are many wonderful beaches and a lot of people poo poo Trunk Bay for tourist crowds. We went on our own both times and not with a group. It was fine both times – tour groups rush in and out and you have a lot of time to yourself. I love Trunk Bay. If I were staying longer I would go somewhere else but is a wonderful place. (A reason to return). I consider St. John Heaven on Earth.
APSBurt-R1-007-2.jpg

Trunk Bay
LookingatTrunk.jpg

Took this one while snorkeling at Trunk

Mom24Princesses said:
THE BEST FOR LAST - Hundreds of cruisers do this EVERYDAY – Take a taxi to Red Hook, a ferry to St. John and (a) – explore Cruz Bay, (b) taxi to Trunk Bay (c) rent a jeep and explore on your own. There are many wonderful beaches and a lot of people poo poo Trunk Bay for tourist crowds. We went on our own both times and not with a group. It was fine both times – tour groups rush in and out and you have a lot of time to yourself. I love Trunk Bay. If I were staying longer I would go somewhere else but is a wonderful place. (A reason to return). I consider St. John Heaven on Earth.

I adore St John. If I was rich, I'd move there in one hot minute.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I second for Bernard's on St. Maarten! We did a private tour with another family from the DIS, had our own van, and stopped at a different beach (not the naked one) since we both had kids.

We also got to stop at a french pastry shop - yummo eclairs! And then had a great pizza at the little bar next to Maho beach to watch the planes!

ST. Thomas - Turtle Bay snorkel & beach day on the Bones or Painted Lady! Great snorkeling and swimming, fantastic boat and crew too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter