Eastern Caribbean Port Excusion Suggestions

BasicScott

Earning My Ears
I’m going on my first Disney Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean with my parents and was wondering if you had any suggestions on which port excursion to do in St Thomas. I’m trying to decide between “Amazing Catamaran Snorkel and Beach Adventure (ST68)” and “St John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel Tour (ST01)” any suggestions?

Also in Tortola is there much to do walking distance by the pier to just explore, or do you suggest an excursion.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I’m going on my first Disney Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean with my parents and was wondering if you had any suggestions on which port excursion to do in St Thomas. I’m trying to decide between “Amazing Catamaran Snorkel and Beach Adventure (ST68)” and “St John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel Tour (ST01)” any suggestions?

Also in Tortola is there much to do walking distance by the pier to just explore, or do you suggest an excursion.

Thank you in advance for your help!

If you feel comfortable to can go to St. John's on your own for less than the Disney excursion.

Disembark and catch a taxi to Red Hook Ferry and then over to Cruz Bay. A taxi on St. John will take you to Trunk. Then just reverse to return.

Depends on the group size, but St. John on Your Own via Disney is about the same as getting the ferry on your own. Taxi to Red Hook is about $20pp RT, and RT ferry is $14. The excursion leaves from the cruise pier and is $37, cheaper for kids.

On Tortola, do an excursion. The port area.is not that great.

We just got back from Eastern. St. Thomas would be very easy to arrange on your own if you are comfortable. Lots of taxis ready to take you where you want to go! We wanted to do St. John but felt it would be too much rushing around on a relatively short port day.

Tortola was friendly but walking there was not as good. Much of the roadways were damaged with the hurricane last year so we ran into lots of construction equipment, dumpsters for clean up, etc. It was safe enough but not scenic. We walked over to the ferry dock to visit Virgin Gorda.

If you are interested in walking around and shopping, it may be worth researching a shopping district and taking the short taxi ride over there.

We are going in February. I'm thinking we would like to do an excersion through someone on the island for the Baths. There are 9 of us so I think it would be difficult for all of us to do the taxi. What company's have you experienced and gone through that would be similar to the DCL Baths excersion? Thanks for your help.

Ooops. Sorry. I didn't mean to ask a question on someone else's post. How do I start a new one. I'm new to this.

One of the highlights of my vacation was snorkeling in Trunk Bay. We did the "St. John on Your Own" excursion which allowed us to ferry to St. John. Then, we caught a taxi to Trunk Bay and rented snorkeling equipment once we got there. We did "on our own" instead of the specific snorkeling excursion because we wanted to have time to walk around. So we left Trunk Bay early and looked around the shops near the ferry.

There is not much right by the pier in Tortola. There is a shopping area, but it did not have much yet. I would recommend that you plan something away from the pier, such as taking a ferry to Virgin Gorda, or book an excursion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter