Eastern Caribbean, March 12-19, 2011 - Magical Birthday on Castaway Cay!- LOTS OF PIX

Thanks for sharing your fab trip report and lovely photos too. I can't believe we will be on the Eastern Cruise in 3 weeks time :yay::yay:

Thanks for your report! I'm going on the eastern in 2012 (on the fantasy so not exactly the same but still great overview here!). Looks like you had a wonderful trip! :)

Ok- Since I realized I didn't take any pix of my own on my
birthday, I am going to ses family at Easter who did get pix of that day!

Then I will continue the Trip Report! Yeah!!!! :woohoo:

Marcy

Well, I got some pictures from my stepdad of my birthday, but not all of the ones I was hoping for.. but here they are:

We went to Castaway Cay that day... How much better can a Birthday be?!?!?:thumbsup2

P1020137-2.jpg

P1020138.jpg

P1020139.jpg

We went on the Hike/Kayak/swim excursion that morning... those are the pictures I was hoping for! Not sure what happened to them. :sad2:

So these are the only ones we have:

PTDC0155-1.jpg

PTDC0154-1.jpg

My mom is holding a live Conch. That's pretty cool for those of us from the Pacific NW! DS is holding a sand dollar. We have those on our coast, but different.
The interesting thing about this swimming part of the excursion was that there was a SUPER low tide that day because of the moon. The guides were astonished, they'd never seen the water this low. So instead of "swimming" we really just sat in the water!:rolleyes:

My parents decorated my door with some extras for the day:

P1020143-1.jpg

And they had a cake arranged for me! This is me indicating my new age with 4 fingers on each hand! (yea, not "8" but 44! :headache:)
P1020163-1.jpg

The crew sang to me:
P1020164-1.jpg

P1020165-1.jpg

My mom is the red head, my daughter the brunette... well represented hair!

Then our asst. server impressed my DS with some balancing tricks!
(trust me, that bottle was empty! :goodvibes )
P1020174-1.jpg

I can't think of a better way to spend a birthday!
A few years ago I was at Disneyland for the big day, but this did top it!

THANKS SO MUCH for reading along with my TR!

We followed up this cruise with another 8 days in Florida visiting US/IOA, Kennedy Space Center, Discovery Cove, and Sea World (WHEW!) but intsead of a TR on all that, I am settling for a photo album or maybe a few scrapbook pages!

Marcy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter