Easter week - Both parks early opening

firsttimedisn

Mouseketeer
I've never been to Universal and I'm planning a mother/daughter trip with my HP loving 8 year old Easter weekend (Fri/Sat April 14/15). We do have 2 day park to park tickets and we booked a night at Hard Rock for early entry both days. If both parks have early entry, is there a suggestion for which to go to first? I thought we'd probably do one park the first day and the opposite park the second day, but is there a side of HP that is best to see first? Or one side that would likely be less busy if both open early?

TIA!

Ha! Thanks! Shows how much I know. This is clearly a trip for my daughter. I hope to binge watch or read the first one or two movies/books sometime before our trip to help share in my daughter's excitement.

I've never been to Universal and I'm planning a mother/daughter trip with my HP loving 8 year old Easter weekend (Fri/Sat April 14/15). We do have 2 day park to park tickets and we booked a night at Hard Rock for early entry both days. If both parks have early entry, is there a suggestion for which to go to first? I thought we'd probably do one park the first day and the opposite park the second day, but is there a side of HP that is best to see first? Or one side that would likely be less busy if both open early?

TIA!
Well, like Harry, I started at Diagon Alley. :)

Following along. We will be there the Thur of Easter week just for 1 day with the goal of seeing HP. We are actually going on a beach vacation in St Pete for the week, but are driving up for one night @ Cabana Bay and one day at Universal/IOA just for my 6 and 8 year old HP loving sons. Since we only have 1 day, we will be doing EE and our only focus is to see HP in both parks - any other rides, attractions, etc will just be extra or bonus. Any suggestions for @firsttimedisn probably apply to us too. I have seen all the movies, so I'm pretty excited too! Thx!

I am interested in advice on this as well. We are going the day after Easter. We have one day and like Tattylou, our goal is to see Harry Potter World and that's it. I have a 5 and 7 year old and we will have early entry. Both parks have EE on that day. My plan is to start in Diagon Alley and ride Gringotts, go to Olivander's and maybe stop and buy robes then go to HE (will do spells and hit the other shops on the way out). Then do FJ (I know my 5 year old can't ride), Hippogriff if the kids aren't tired of lines, eat lunch, do spells, etc, then take HE back and do spells, shop, etc in Diagon Alley. I hope we can do at least most of that. Any recommendations are appreciated! This is our first trip to Orlando and we can't wait :)

Check to see what time EE is. It could be as early as 7am:scared: Also, where are you coming from on your first day, since you are only staying 1 night at Hard Rock? I think it depends upon how you are getting to Universal that day and where you will enter. Hard Rock is closest to the Studios, so it would be a shorter walk and a tiny bit more sleeping time, which you may need on your second day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter