Easter Stay is Ruined by Crowds

disneylizzy

DIS Veteran
It is 11:30am and we are shoulder to shoulder with 100,000 people (at least). Are we in Manhattan on the last Friday before Christmas? Are we in Central Park at a Billy Joel concert? Why no, we are in MK at WDW on Easter weekend and it is so crowded that the triplets will never get on Dumbo, not even if I throw a tantrum right here in Fantasyland. We paid thousands for our room at a much nicer hotel right on the monorail so we could get to MK easily and I would not have to get up early. Disney has known their crowd patterns for quite some time and I feel that if it was going to be so crowded they should have said something when I checked in. They also forgot to tell me to wear sunscreen, but who is quibbling. I am entitled to things my way and I really resent all these people (some of whom most assuredly are staying at Pop Century) making the lines so long. I demand:

a full refund
a nice dinner at California Grill and those fireworks better be right outside the window
a letter of apology
an acknowlegement of my superior intelligence and just plain right to life
a kiss on the foot would be nice, too

If anyone else has a complaint, you may post, but nothing is worse than my suffering.

As long as we're at it, something has to be done about France. It's just FULL of French peope. They have to go.

:rotfl2:

Now, don't tell me you didn't get a letter under your door on Easter Sunday morning warning you about the crowds!!!!! :rotfl:

pinnie

Plus, since WDW must have known it would be crowded on Easter week, they opened that Magic Kingdom one at 7 in the morning til after midnight. Who wants to go there at 7 in the morning?? I wouldn't have bothered if I had known--this is vacation! But I didn't know until I heard someone mention it when we were leaving. Someone should have told me personally! I don't have time to read those little pamphlets things they give you at the hotel. I'm not going to read on vacation! Also when we got there to Magic Kingdom after lunch, there was a line for that new Splash mountain thing so we could not do it. Why should we have to wait in line after we paid to get in? Plus, this kid almost tripped me when I was walking backwards down Main Street taking a picture. People really should get their kids under control. I really think I need some sort of compensation for those extra park hours that I missed that I didn't know about. I'm going to write a letter and demand it. (Although, don't tell Disney, but I wouldn't have gotten up early anyway. I was on vacation.)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

And the weather had the nerve to rain several times this week! The forecasts did say showers were likely most everyday, but come on, who listens to that?! So as soon as the 1st drops hit my face, I packed my huge backpack with wheels, my double stroller, kids, DH, and our dog, and we headed back to the hotel. No way am I going to get wet and those rain poncho things do not look good in photos!

I am never going back, not during Easter, not ever! Nothing to do there anyway and a big waste of my money!

P.S. All sarcasm aside now. We had the most fabulous and magical trip this past Easter week. Would DEFINITELY go back again Easter week, although I do wish that others would hate going then, because then we'd have it all to ourselves! :goodvibes

Okay, I am a big loser...but after reading many posts I thought the OP was serious !!!!! Luckily I read the replies.

PolyHereWeCome said:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
P.S. All sarcasm aside now. We had the most fabulous and magical trip this past Easter week. Would DEFINITELY go back again Easter week, although I do wish that others would hate going then, because then we'd have it all to ourselves! :goodvibes

We did too! You should see my photo of us in the mk at 7:10 AM in front of t he castle and NO one else is in the background. LOVED it!

disneylizzy said:
It is 11:30am and we are shoulder to shoulder with 100,000 people (at least). Are we in Manhattan on the last Friday before Christmas? Are we in Central Park at a Billy Joel concert? Why no, we are in MK at WDW on Easter weekend and it is so crowded that the triplets will never get on Dumbo, not even if I throw a tantrum right here in Fantasyland. We paid thousands for our room at a much nicer hotel right on the monorail so we could get to MK easily and I would not have to get up early. Disney has known their crowd patterns for quite some time and I feel that if it was going to be so crowded they should have said something when I checked in. They also forgot to tell me to wear sunscreen, but who is quibbling. I am entitled to things my way and I really resent all these people (some of whom most assuredly are staying at Pop Century) making the lines so long. I demand:

a full refund
a nice dinner at California Grill and those fireworks better be right outside the window
a letter of apology

If anyone else has a complaint, you may post, but nothing is worse than my suffering.

OMG funniest post I've ever read on DIS :banana:

LOLOLOLOL!
I love it! May I add to my letter that I would appreciate money back on AKL concierge instead of CSR, which is where I would have booked had it not been Easter break and the AP rate wasn't reasonable. LOL

When I read the "first" letter this morning all I could think of was "is this for real?" Thanks for the laugh!
Debbie

You guys have absolutely no sense at all! :rotfl2:

Thought she was serious for a quick minute, til I remembered the "other thread". :rolleyes:

No sense...none....at all. :rolleyes1

Its about time :crazy: , they banned kids at wdw.

the parks would be great if is wasnt for all those damm children

disneylizzy said:

a full refund
a letter of apology

Well, I was at the GF and couldn't even get a good spot on the dock to watch the fireworks because of all the crowds who'd come over from MK and gathered there. I am going to add my family's name to your letter!!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl:
Yeah -- and can't they make the trams and busses NOT leave the diesel fumes?!
And that BIG OLD castle that we have to walk around. Why put it THERE!?
:rotfl:

disneylizzy said:
They also forgot to tell me to wear sunscreen, but who is quibbling.

Actually, Disney does tell you to bring sunscreen. It's on the checklist. Whether or not to wear it is up to you. It's included in the resort literature. ;)

Had me going. I thought she was serious too. My first reaction was how on earth can anyone be that self centered. Then I thought no way can anyone think that way after reading into it. Clever.
I for one putting my 2 cents in had a wonderful time Easter Sunday at MK. The little portion of the parade dedicated to the Easter theme made my day. Such beautiful dresses, and all. posters had warned me ahead of time of the long lines and it was true, so what? Luckily though they were wrong about the lines for the bathrooms. Otherwise I would of been in a lot of trouble. Was drinking a lot of water. To old for accidents. LOL :rolleyes1

loud music playing
yeah -- and whazzup up with all the noise -- parades, music, magical experiences.... How am I suppose to be able to talk on my cell phone!? :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!