Easter hours not up yet, but 181 days away

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by mjr0483, Oct 22, 2018.

1. mjr0483

mjr0483 Mouseketeer

I am kinda bummed that I am 2 days away from being able to book dining and no hours are up.

How many people book their plans before the hours are up?
    Does it matter to you for making dining reservations?

2. jaredjohn4

jaredjohn4 Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

I hate that they don't have the hours posted at 190 days so you can plan things out better. I wouldn't want to grab a ppo breakfast and then find out the park was going to already be open.

Ds4angels likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene Hate because you're wrong, not because I'm right.

Disney has had a 180 day rolling calendar for quite some time.
    If you have room/package booked you should be able to log in and go to "add plans" and then "add places"? I think that's what it is and you'll be able to see the hours for your stay at this point.

BTW hours can and do change about 3-6 weeks prior.
    When going around Easter you can definitely expect MK hours to be extended and possibly more EMH added.

Hopefully and ConnecticutNonna like this.
  5. ConnecticutNonna

ConnecticutNonna DIS Veteran

We all do!!!
    I look at past dates, ie, if I'm going the first Monday in December, I'll check to see historically what they've done. Sometimes that helps.
    Once I've booked my fast passes, I stay committed. And in the event of a PPO restaurant, if they switch to EMH, I drop the ADR, or try to modify it, IF it's something I really want.
    But, pretty much everyone is in the same boat. All you can do is hope for the best!

Ds4angels likes this.
  6. TammyLynn33

TammyLynn33 Mouseketeer

I can totally relate I made my three reservations I wanted over Easter not knowing and waiting to see if they release EMM hours for TSL which will change my days etc..

I just booked extra and will cancel accordingly

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  7. Ds4angels

Ds4angels DIS Veteran

The only one it will affect is PPO at BOG, since MK is the one park they historically open early during busy times.
    But yeah it does suck that we have to know our plans 180+ days, but Disney can wait till 3-6 weeks out to move things around

8. SaintsManiac

SaintsManiac DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, they botched it up when they changed MDE. I'm still trying to figure out how to display it the way it used to be done. ugh.

9. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Plan on the MK opening earlier than normal, and be prepared to make a decision in regards to BOG. In regards to changing hours, they can change the day of. I have been when the park stayed open later and it was announced while I was in the park.

If you look at historical hours, yiou can get an idea. I make my plans and usually just keep them. If I book a PPO meal, I am prepared to drop it if I want to take advantage of the early open.

10. kboo

kboo DIS Veteran

I had booked what I thought was a PPO breakfast at CP that week, only to see after I'd booked it that there's AM EMH that day. Oh well.

11. Ds4angels

Ds4angels DIS Veteran

CP doesn't give you any advantage anyway, since it puts you behind the rope drop crowd