Easter Bunny?!?

cjbcam

DIS Veteran
What do people do for the Easter bunny baskets while staying in a hotel? We fly in on the 19 and will be at Disney World until the 29th. I’m not sure if I should buy all the Easter stuff there or hide in our suitcase or what. What do you all do?

We used to buy a special popcorn bucket (did research ahead to know what was available) at the parks to fill with Disney goodies, e.g. rolled up t-shirt, candy, small toys, small stuffies, pins, etc. We brought a bag of Easter grass/excelsior and ribbon from home. If there was a specific non-Disney toy which had been longed for, we brought that from home, too, as long as it was small enough to fit with the other things. Keeping things small helped make it easy to bring everything back home.

We were in Disney for Easter a couple of years ago. I bought some candy and little things at home and brought them in my suitcase. Not sure of they still do, but in the past, the resort gift shops sold Easter baskets (filled or empty). I bought empty baskets and a few more goodies from the gift shop and made up the baskets myself. Before the kids woke up in the morning, we put the baskets on the balcony and when the kids got up, they went out to the balcony to see the animals (stayed at AKL) and saw their baskets. They were amazed that the Easter Bunny came to Disney!

I would buy everything ahead of time and secretly pack it. I don’t like the pressure of trying to find items once you get to Disney. I want to relax and enjoy my trip with no pressure. :)

But I do like the suggestions of the first two posters if you want to get things while there.

I would take it with me. Like a pp said, I don't like scrambling around trying to get stuff. I would get those Easter bags so they fold up, then get them a small stuffed animal and a disney gift card. The chocolate you may have to buy there due to melting issues, unless you can pack it in the carry on luggage.

I haven't done a holiday celebration at Disney, but I have traveled for Easter and I bought all the stuff and packed it ahead of time to bring with us. In my opinion that's a lot easier and less stressful than trying to be sneaky while on vacation. You could plan to fill with a few things from Disney when you get there, but if it was me I wouldn't try to shop for the whole thing.

We travelled once over Easter and since my boy was 13 that year, we just skipped basket treats. We weren't big Easter Bunny people to start with so it was NBD. But if it means a lot to you and your kids I'd definitely take the stuff with me and just do little plastic grass nests or gift bags instead of baskets.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t pack anything and do it all there. TSA had a field day with us due to traveling with candy/food. Never again.

another option is to do something small along w/a note from the easter bunny explaining that it noticed when doing it's florida deliveries that your family was on vacation but had already made it's delivery to your home and didn't want you thinking you'd been forgotten. then when the kids get home there's more of what they traditionally get for easter (the way you do this-before you leave prep the baskets and hide them then when you go to load everyone in the car make an excuse to run back into the house alone for a second-grab the baskets and put them out somewhere (if you have pets that might get into them put them in each kid's room w/their door shut).

We never did anything if we were away for Easter- the bunny came and left the basket at our house and she got it when she came home. For us the Easter Bunny and Santa do not deliver to hotels- they go to your house and it will be there waiting when you get home (thanks to a neighbor moving it from the closet to the living room before we get home LOL)

This was kind of what I was worried about. I may just go the buy your stuff at the gift shop route.

There are two Targets nearby. One is on 192, the other is the other direction near 192. It's address is rolling oak. But you turn in off 192.

The chocolate you may have to buy there due to melting issues, unless you can pack it in the carry on luggage.

I wouldn’t pack anything and do it all there. TSA had a field day with us due to traveling with candy/food. Never again.

We will be going the exact same dates as the OP and I was thinking of bringing some candy and also buying some while we're there. Anyway the quote above, about melting issues, made me think. We will be flying and I always thought that the area where the suitcases are stored under the plane was cold so I didn't think there would be any issues with the candy melting. Is that correct?

Also, the 2nd quote, about TSA having a "field day" with the poster since they were traveling with candy/food...if it's in your checked luggage it's OK, isn't it? I thought just maybe a problem if you're bringing it in your carry on. Is that correct, can I bring candy in my checked luggage without a problem?

Thanks to all who can be of help :flower3:

We will be going the exact same dates as the OP and I was thinking of bringing some candy and also buying some while we're there. Anyway the quote above, about melting issues, made me think. We will be flying and I always thought that the area where the suitcases are stored under the plane was cold so I didn't think there would be any issues with the candy melting. Is that correct?

:flower3:

I think it's climate controlled on the plane, but I just remember that when we got our luggage one year, everything in my suitcase was broiling hot, like it had been baking in the sun. Not sure how they are transported from the airport to disney. Also not sure if they are in climate controlled space once at the hotel before being brought to your room, it can take hours to get to you. We saw tons of bags being stored outside one year because the luggage room was full.

ETA: i think it would be safe in carry on bags.

Last edited:
We were there for Easter a few years ago. I ordered Easter treats from one of the gift delivery services (maybe Disney floral and gifts?). It was very easy, we didn’t have to pack or hide anything. Everything was delivered to our resort room. It was a nice surprise for the kiddos.

When I operated my gift basket company, I delivered a lot of Easter basket to the resorts. The Disney Florist always has an option, but it will be expensive. I agree with others, Target and Walmart have pre-made baskets. If there is a Walgreens or CVS nearby your resort, they always have baskets, grass and all the Easter candy you could need.

Could you have the EB deliver a couple days early? We've done that and there was a note saying "heard you were leaving and wanted to make sure you had this before." I wouldn't want to risk them finding anything or losing it along the way and then you can give them all the Disney stuff ahead of time. Our trip was right after Easter one year, so we put lots of road trip stuff in there, like car snacks and games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!