Easiest way to get AP's with children

hollymattbenmilo

DIS Veteran
Thinking ahead. i see you can only apply for ap's by form if you live in france. But you can do it over the phone in uk?

Not sure how it works.

Just thinking to the day, when we arrive it will be about 3 oclock, kids will be tired and excited, so i would like to go enjoy park for a few hours.. I cant see them having the patience to sit in ap office for ages?

Is there an easier way to do it? or some of it, so its an easier process on the day?

Also.. if i get to gate and say we want to apply for ap's... they give you a temp ticket into park... you dont pay for this do you? I mean.. i dont have to also pay for a days access into park as well as the ap's?
confused!

thank you in advance:grouphug:

I think you can apply by form from UK as well now -there was a recent thread about this but they have to be activated within a certain time period

If you choose to get them from the park you need to go to Guest services at the entrance and get a temp AP which you then have to take to the AP office to exchange for a proper one

You can also get one at the entrance to the studios I think and they do the full thing there

Yes, you can do the whole thing at the Guest Services at the gates to The Studios. They take your photo there, and you get your full Annual Pass.

We did it here, so it meant when we went into The Park, we didn't have to take time out going to the AP Office.

It did take a little time, but not too bad. We had our 3yr old and 8yr old to keep occupied, and it was fine.:)

yes its not so much that it takes half and hour or an hour, its that... they would have been travelling since 5am.. and at 3 or something i dont want them to have to wait, i want to get into the park for a few hours before it closes. if we have to then thats fine, just wondering if there was a way we could do the bulk of it before.. then just.. register them when we get there or something like that.

so exciting...

fingers crossed they have a child free offer going again!

Yes, you can do the whole thing at the Guest Services at the gates to The Studios. They take your photo there, and you get your full Annual Pass.

We did it here, so it meant when we went into The Park, we didn't have to take time out going to the AP Office.

It did take a little time, but not too bad. We had our 3yr old and 8yr old to keep occupied, and it was fine.:)

I would advise against using guest services at the Studios. I sponsored Angela here last week and they were extremely slow. It took 2 hours:scared1: and we were near the front of the line first thing in the morning. At the studios they only have two desks processing AP where as at the AP office beside the castle there are lots of desks and therefore its much quicker.

Also at the AP office you are waiting inside and they have a seating area and cartoons on for the kids:goodvibes

I would advise against using guest services at the Studios. I sponsored Angela here last week and they were extremely slow. It took 2 hours:scared1: and we were near the front of the line first thing in the morning. At the studios they only have two desks processing AP where as at the AP office beside the castle there are lots of desks and therefore its much quicker.

Also at the AP office you are waiting inside and they have a seating area and cartoons on for the kids:goodvibes

It must depend on the staff on the day :confused3 When we went last time, we were sponsoring family members, so there was 4 APs needed. We were second in the queue, and we were done and dusted within 30mins.

Yes, there are more staff at the AP office in the Park, and the cartoons, but when we have had to pop in there over queries, we have found that after we told the person on the desk that we wanted to speak to someone, we've still had quite a wait. I suppose both can be a bit hit and miss :)

We're in the same boat with printed temporary passes arriving mid evening. Probably just go to the parks for a bit of atmosphere and fireworks.

The question is, can we get in on temporaries the first night but wait until the following day to turn them into full passes?

I am soo confused.. haha, i just dont want to go... yey after 6 months and a whole day travelling, we are here!!! now go sit there for 45 mins while we go 5 ap's ....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter